1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

maxresdefault2.jpg
    1998-2000_Ford_Fairmont_AU_sedan_2008-12-28_02.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Agh, that Hofmiester kink went horrribly wrong...
    17508A15-33F4-4CF4-B560-9763682D1C88.jpeg

In other news, I’ve had this wheel lying around for ever -
    A30A1C73-A320-401D-865B-B190332B62C8.jpeg
    The day I got it I plugged it in and installed the drivers. It wouldn’t work in BeamNG though, so I pretty much gave up and stuffed it in this box ever since.
    F038802B-7F9B-4A56-A3C4-AF15E97B6DC8.jpeg
    Now i’m wondering if it’s compatible with Windows 10, i called a sales rep dude and he said it was...

3. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE="Wild Hog, post: 957527, member: 187179"]Does the new BMW 3 Series look somewhat familiar to you?
    View attachment 487964

Well, the brilliant designers at BMW clearly took inspiration from the Japanese...
    View attachment 487966

C'mon, BMW, you're better than this! At least the new Z4 looks... Oh, nevermind[/QUOTE]

Yeah, modern BMW design is a headscratch.
    The interiors are very nice, however.
    ———————————
    I got the steering wheel installed! It’s much better than the bus wheel that came stock. It has more steering feel, and is easier to maneuver with. Fantastic mod, worth the money.
    Before:
    6E843172-8925-4749-AE6C-B74151159C7C.jpeg
    After:
    ED9AF5C9-6FBC-4D07-9AA0-86F38C93C693.jpeg

My car is now leakier than Edward Snowden, however. It has a hold in the radiator and the oil pan now needs replacing. The gas evap lines badly need fixing, because my garage is now looking like the exxon valdez came along. Since I have limited access to my car right now and winter is coming, I need to have somebody do the radiator for me.

Oh, and there’s rust. There’s perforation in the fender well, perforation on the outside of the hood, surface rust inside it, and all the doors are starting to bubble.

Greeeaaaaaat.

So bodywork needs to get done too, and I am far from the right guy for it. I’m probably going to hand it over to a reputable body guy I know, and maybe chuck on some euro bumper and paint correction.

The euro bumpers didn’t come on the car, and the DOT ones are legitimately park benches because of the shark nose. They cost about 1500 bucks to do well, which is a lot of money. Also, I would probably chuck on an Alpina valence while I was there.....
    8C157963-04EB-4A76-BA99-562C65E9108D.jpeg
    I would be going after something like this, except with red pinstripes. Do you think that it would be worth the money?

TL;DR: I got my new steering wheel in, and it’s awesome. But now I need somebody to do some work on the car, and I need to spend a fortune on bodywork. Should I make my car look similar to the diecast picture?

#843 rottenfitzy, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Eh, I'd always recommend trying to keep old cars as original as possible. If it's not an Alpina, it shouldn't look like one.

The only thing I'd do on your US-Spec car is getting rid of those ugly 5 MPH bumpers.... *hypocritical*

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Don't listen to him, modify as you like. As long as you're not using Alpina badges, I don't see a problem.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, modern BMW design is a headscratch.
    The interiors are very nice, however.
    ———————————
    I got the steering wheel installed! It’s much better than the bus wheel that came stock. It has more steering feel, and is easier to maneuver with. Fantastic mod, worth the money.
    Before:
    View attachment 488370
    After:
    View attachment 488371

My car is now leakier than Edward Snowden, however. It has a hold in the radiator and the oil pan now needs replacing. The gas evap lines badly need fixing, because my garage is now looking like the exxon valdez came along. Since I have limited access to my car right now and winter is coming, I need to have somebody do the radiator for me.

Oh, and there’s rust. There’s perforation in the fender well, perforation on the outside of the hood, surface rust inside it, and all the doors are starting to bubble.

Greeeaaaaaat.

So bodywork needs to get done too, and I am far from the right guy for it. I’m probably going to hand it over to a reputable body guy I know, and maybe chuck on some euro bumper and paint correction.

The euro bumpers didn’t come on the car, and the DOT ones are legitimately park benches because of the shark nose. They cost about 1500 bucks to do well, which is a lot of money. Also, I would probably chuck on an Alpina valence while I was there.....
    View attachment 488230
    I would be going after something like this, except with red pinstripes. Do you think that it would be worth the money?

TL;DR: I got my new steering wheel in, and it’s awesome. But now I need somebody to do some work on the car, and I need to spend a fortune on bodywork. Should I make my car look similar to the diecast picture?[/QUOTE]
    Don't listen to him, keep it nice and stock. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a nice car, get excited, and then be disappointed because the owner ruined it with tasteless mods. If you can make it nice, that's better, but if it were up to me, I'd keep it totally stock. Not my car, though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Nice car dude

8. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Don't listen to him, keep it nice and stock. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a nice car, get excited, and then be disappointed because the owner ruined it with tasteless mods. If you can make it nice, that's better, but if it were up to me, I'd keep it totally stock. Not my car, though.[/QUOTE]

Okay, 25 inch chrome wheels and neons are coming!
    Lol.
    I’m probably going to keep most of it stock, but are euro bumpers a “nice” mod?
    0A0260C2-4648-4800-B89B-865896728457.jpeg
    I’m trying to keep the car “stock+”, so just improving stock weaknesses without making the car look like it drove through the “custom” aisle at autozone.

I’m also cheap, so stock bumpers it is!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Mod it to make you happy, don't listen to what anyone else tells you. If you want to replace the front bumper with a wing that is perpendicular to the ground, then go for it.

10. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I set up Steam Link so I can play BeamNG from my living room... I did this mainly so I can use my racing wheel on a larger screen.

Slightly annoyed to find out Steam Link intentionally doesn't support racing wheels and makes you pay for additional software to make it work :(

I mean I could always buy a 10 meter long extension USB cable and connect my racing wheel to my PC and play it in the living room lol. Not a safety hazard at all :rolleyes:

Well that was my day :/

11. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

staple it to the wall- no more tripping over it

12. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

#852 CN877, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

319E15D0-E452-4DE2-B36E-E3C0A8D0A44F.jpeg 84FCB0C0-0B4D-4249-A6FE-0A9EA800378B.jpeg 89A57645-6251-4138-9A47-BBABEF59081F.jpeg FC8DB405-7825-455A-A5D3-82CBC1ED6DFE.jpeg 41E64072-AF46-4B3A-9058-3D3A38B9D4D5.jpeg 0968977B-29B6-4783-A16F-8A173D4A850B.jpeg
    Went to Dublin this weekend, to see U2.
    Got there early and was among the first 20 people so got a nice spot all the way in front. Crazy close.

• Like Like x 2
  14. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

My vehicle had been showing some weird behaviour and noises for several weeks. After around 10 hours of debugging, I finally managed to reproduce the issue in controlled conditions while stationary, so I was able to determine its origin. Seems like installing mods is always risky, real life or not. I hope the aftermarket LSD inside that case is intact and can keep working for years to come.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Got a new bike and some bits for the old one.

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

What type of LSD? I hope not a clutch pack as for that operation looks bad, imo. If it is a spool, then I better not say much, but I think those did racket, however I better say nothing about those as not played with those, mostly with clutch pack type I have some experience with.

17. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

This is a torsen-like helical diff, it's a Quaife ATB to be precise.

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Ah, for that it is correct operation, minus the noise. Hopefully it is something minor, but I guess you need to open it up.

Gears in oil can be amusing, once there was a gearbox that was fine otherwise, but really hard to get gears in, when looking in from oil fillup hole, there was thin and long metal shreds, there was a lot of them, at some point that box had turned into a lathe taking very fine cuts of metal and it was perfectly silent, user had noticed anything odd noise during driving, so if bad is no noise, I hope good is bit of noise :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Fatal Vehicle Exception...? :p

• Like Like x 5
  20. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Whew no, luckily no fatalities there! Just the potential of seeing "wallet damaged" messages on my bank UI app.

• Like Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice