1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

147744A7-BF8C-4492-8AE6-B53B25E17378.png
    Old radiator was leaking and was totally ineffective. Not to mention rotted. Replacement is a surprisingly reasonable $178.

• Like Like x 4
  2. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Okay, 25 inch chrome wheels and neons are coming!
    Lol.
    I’m probably going to keep most of it stock, but are euro bumpers a “nice” mod?
    View attachment 488484
    I’m trying to keep the car “stock+”, so just improving stock weaknesses without making the car look like it drove through the “custom” aisle at autozone.

I’m also cheap, so stock bumpers it is![/QUOTE]
    I think that’s fine, they came with the car, and they’re nicer than 5 foot long US bumpers, so what the heck, again though, your car, not mine. Looks nice, though.

edit: what kind of goofy sorcery is goin on with these quotes

bonus edit as this doesn’t deserve its own post:

Thank you Bright Side, for telling me there might be something wrong with my car if you have engine lights and it’s best if I don’t have any, good information.

Attached Files:

• 9C3DD40E-32A5-4036-B68D-86829D9F63AD.jpeg
    #862 98crownvic, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I think that’s fine, they came with the car, and they’re nicer than 5 foot long US bumpers, so what the heck, again though, your car, not mine. Looks nice, though.

edit: what kind of goofy sorcery is goin on with these quotes

bonus edit as this doesn’t deserve its own post:

Thank you Bright Side, for telling me there might be something wrong with my car if you have engine lights and it’s best if I don’t have any, good information.[/QUOTE]

Also from bright side:
    “Don’t coast in neutral, since the oil pump moves less oil at idle, so your engine will overheat!”
    I could see an old automatic transmission overheating, possibly, but the engine? Heh. Sounds like one of @¿Carbohydration? ‘s theories.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Also from bright side:
    “Don’t coast in neutral, since the oil pump moves less oil at idle, so your engine will overheat!”
    I could see an old automatic transmission overheating, possibly, but the engine? Heh. Sounds like one of @¿Carbohydration? ‘s theories.[/QUOTE]
    Turns out that if you want to turn your automobile you can turn the steering wheel, pretty neat huh?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I see that Bright Side did not care to photoshop reflections out of sight from pic they stole or bought? :D

Quotes are limited by word quote, which one has to observe carefully when placing the cursor that closing quote tag is not after typed text.

If using mobile device for replying, all hope is lost, seven seas will boil and quotes be mess rest of the life. Those just don't work properly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

U sure?

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_20181113-094831.png
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, never use mobile devices, computer is for internet use. Then again my opinion might be slightly affected by amount of annoyance degrading usability of web pages brings to me as everything is now made to be so mobile device friendly that good old mouse has to travel way too much.

I decided today to buy headset, just in case I need such, kinda ended up overspending a lots.

I did read that Steelseries is kinda ok, also I did read that they have own software that is used to manipulate settings of Arctis 3 and it should even report 7.1 sound support to games if you have Windows 7 or newer and use the provided software.

Good part was that it was on sale for 59 euros too.

What really ever works out well?

So there are 2 models of Arctis 3, 2019 model came this autumn, then there is older one, that older did work like advertised, but they gave me new one, I had actually old one in my paws, but they said price is 79 euros for that, at that moment I had no idea there is two of Arctis 3.

I get then home and start testing, which turns to troubleshooting and eventually figuring out they dropped features out and there is only Windows 10's spatial surround thing, which of course does not exists in Windows 8. Of course I can use Realtek headphone virtualization, but games don't know anything about that and put out just stereo sound.

Ok, then to microphone, there is no possibility to do any adjustments trough steelseries software, whole software is completely useless with the new model, so only way to adjust microphone is via windows settings and thankfully Realtek settings, which does make it work somewhat but still kinda quiet even when best positioned and everything from settings maxed out.

Kinda odd that they do sale on new model and not the old one, but yeah, not largely impressed with these changes and still selling product with the same name.

Good points are that some songs do work wonderfully good with these, but some not so great, one thing is that you kinda need to have good amount of volume for these headphones to wake up. Then again neighbors throwing furniture around their apartment can't be heard, which is kinda nice :)

Another good point is that these don't get annoying to wear too soon at least.

G430 Logitech would of been another option, but that has gotten bad reviews for quality of built and quality of sound too.

8. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I’ve used a mobile device nearly the entire time I’ve hung around these forums, and this was the first time I had any issues. Bizarre.

9. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I use an iPad usually, which I guess I would consider a mobile device. Never any issues.

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I got fedup to onboard audio clicking and popping, so my misadventures in world of gaming equipment got new event.

Bought Roccat Juke 7.1 USB soundcard, that is also some sort of headphone amp.

With Steelseries Arctis 3 and Roccat Juke things are kinda nice, ok that is understatement, now I got low end and clarity, sound is also not going to messy cloud of birds kind.

As I figured, it was not enough driving power with onboard audio, I had to use quite high volume to get headphones to 'wake up', so now with this Roccat Juke Arctis 3 works much better.

Also with Roccat I got virtual surround thing to work too and now crashing in BeamNG is at whole new level, there is so much detail in those sounds, hanbrake sounds like it is handbrake in a car.

Even skidding sounds are way cool, they are more around you than for example in AC, which sounds dull. However engine sounds in AC are lots better, but that is area where BeamNG is WIP.

11. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Screenshot_20181114-193323.png

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

See that CPU temp, throw ocean quickly at it :D

You do realize it was a joke, right?

13. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Do I look like the sort of person to use Remote Desktop on a 4.5 inch screen unironically?

The awnser is no, by the way :p

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Kinda hard to say, I mean your headphones look like to be on your cheeks instead of your ears, so can't really tell about your preferences of software usage, so I better just trust your word on this one :)

15. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Trust me, according to at least one person, I am an expert when it comes to computers

• Like Like x 1
  16. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Today, the '80s called. They want the high-definition font of my car stereo back... :(

17. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

tbf I've seen much worse :p

Not to mention the modified 7 segment displays to display radio text, 14 segments.

that's what is on my car stereo :p if i even dare to call it that, it's more of a dusty old gramophone.

So off topic:
    I'm writing this on my Late 2010 MacBook Air, i forgot how nice of a machine it is, although now it is hampered by two (only two), CPU and RAM, and well GPU. It's all old and inefficient, but the hardware is absolutely amazing, the touchpad still feels as new, along with the keyboard. I'm sooooo tempted to have a MacBook as a new laptop, but i just know it isn't the right thing. I don't think i could squeeze 8 years of use out of a new laptop.

18. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

Since the Mazda I own is currently at 88,954 miles, (gotta update my sig lol) I have put on exactly 32,498 miles on the Autozone Duralast GOLD pads and rotors. They have actually treated me quite well, having provided me with over 3 years worth of driving in NY (hot, cold, stop n go, fast, slow, etc) as well as the 1,895 mile trip from Long Island to Austin TX, with reliability. But today, since it was about 30 degrees in Austin this morning, I heard some squealing and at 85mph, some wobble started coming through the steering wheel while slowing down.

I am sitting here, bored at work (kinda slow here this week, thats ok lol) and found a website that is selling 50% off for (i think) a black friday type deal on 4x rotors and F/R pads, with black E-Coating on the rotors that are drilled and slotted, and their high performance brake pads. All for under $150. I was going to use CorkSport to get the upgraded "BBK" but since this car is really just a daily driver, I don't feel the need to really go all out (They want like $1,800 for the BBK). I have done about 4 hours of research on the matter, and I decided to go with this company after hearing from BMW AutoX drivers who use their rotors and heavy duty tow guy that are also using their products without complaints. I feel confident that I got away with MURDER getting this brake kit for $144. Besides the fact that my pads and rotors are old and need to be changed as it is, I always wanted drilled/slotted rotors on this car, and also, the rotors that I have on it now started to look rusty after only, like, 2 weeks after installing them lol So IF ANYTHING, this will just be a bit of a visual upgrade, along with maybe some better pedal feel and better stopping distances. If I dont like the pads, Ill throw them out and get EBC green stuff pads. Those always treated me well and produce little to no brake dust.

I also replaced the leather shift boot with a custom one from Poland, swapped the steering wheel out with a fresh new leather wrapped one, and I have Front/Rear ARB's and new solid bottom engine mount coming in this week. Next up on the "Project Restoration: Mazda3" saga is new coilover suspension all around and maybe moving up from 215/50/17 Dunlop SPORT on stock 7" wide wheels to, perhaps, the 225/40/18's on some second hand Speed3 wheels. I love this car and absolutely adore driving it, and has NEVER given me a problem in all 88k hard miles I put on it. I highly suggest if there is a 2010 - 2013 Mazda3 (especially a 2.5L model) to grab it, as it has been proven to be remarkably reliable and quite fun to drive as well.

19. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Looks like there's development with new buildings (looks to be made for commercial purposes) in construction within my hometown.

20. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

As of today, the first video game ever to get me to buy it for full price (as in full AAA price, USD $59.99) is Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4.

#880 PriusRepellent, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice