1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

I'm supposed to be doing math :p

2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I've not a bloody clue what I'm supposed to be doing :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

This past week and a half I've been busy unpacking the last of 3 storage containers I and my dad used to get moved from Colorado to Florida.

Along with reclaiming the last of my model cars, drawings/sketches, and age old random school crap from storage, I managed to inherit this heavy thing, which I've been meaning to make a post about here for a couple days :p
    IMG_0687.jpg

It was originally my grandfathers old computer desk before my dad got it, and now I have it because I have a space for it :). This was built for hiding a computer tower under the desk and placing a large CRT on the corner piece in typical conservative contemporary fashion, with plenty of space for other home office stuff.

It's definitely quite a bit dated by today's standards, though it has plenty of storage and desktop space, both of which are things I seem to find myself running out of quite frequently nowadays. Since it was practically free aside from the labor involved in unloading it from the storage container, I can't really complain :p

Since I'm bored I guess I'll walk you all through this thing...

IMG_0688.jpg

Here on the left side is the printer area and this weird drawer with a front face that folds down... Idk what that's for but the area below it is for printers.
    The drawer next to it contains the "power station", essentially a fancy surge protector/power strip combination. The compartment below it is the space for the computer, which just barely fits my PC in it without crunching the wires in the back against the wall. And the sliding doors on the hutch cover a jewel case rack which is storing my PS1 games for the time being until I get my old media cabinet put back together, which was what I previously used for storing my old games and consoles.

IMG_0689.jpg

The corner unit is the primary desktop area. It fits my gaming monitor fine, but I sadly can't go any larger otherwise I won't be able to tuck it in behind the speaker boxes/storage boxes built into the corner hutch :( Though it leaves plenty of space for a keyboard, mouse, and my Thrustmaster T300 racing wheel.
    The desk once had a keyboard tray mounted underneath, however it was broken by years of abuse by my grandfather and my dad. But with so much excess desk space I don't think I'll miss it :p

IMG_0690.jpg

To the right is more desk space with an integrated filing cabinet. I'm using it for my laptop.
    The hutch above it has some spots for stacks of printer paper, which I'm currently using for that and my drawing tools.

As for my mods, I'm working on the Stryder Propeller for @Atlas , I'm working on my Gavril Truck Co Model D 6 wheeler, I'm working on my Mountain Highway map, and I'm working on one secret project I plan on revealing soon ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

dude i live there :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

needs some rgb :p

(that was a joke.. it would be rather inappropriate tbh) nice and clean setup

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

My setup: Monitor in the middle, speakers on either side, a wheel stand, and a good PC my dad built on the floor in the bottom right.
    Pretty generic setup, if you ask me.

• Like Like x 2
  7. fyamil2

fyamil2
    Expand Collapse

:oops:

Attached Files:

• 1wceUFCdOdQ.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  8. MRcrash

MRcrash
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Do you drive only the Volvo or other trucks too?
    You may know that I'm working on MAN TGS mod. I would need some help because I have no real life experience with trucks.

9. fyamil2

fyamil2
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I only drive a Volvo. Sorry, I don't have MAH TGS.

10. fyamil2

fyamil2
    Expand Collapse

enjoy your meal:D

Attached Files:

• 3iD5DsZomXA.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

been going to the bar a bit too frequently perhaps, but hey what else are vacations for?

i've tried one of my favorite beers ever here in china, called xinjiang (sinkiang) black. since i tend to prefer really rich, dark, strong beers, this one is perfect, definitely one of my top 5. it's only ¥15 at the bar i like, which is like $2.20 i think.

on another note, as much of a "must see tourist spot" as it may seem to be, don't go to the captains bar in shanghai. the view is pretty great, and the service gets a 6/5 stars from me, however the food leaves a lot to be desired, and one beer is between ¥60 and ¥85 (something like $9.00 - $13.00)!

12. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard!

14. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Picked this bad boy out of the dump on Saturday. Can anyone tell me what model it is?
    ( I know it's a Raleigh)
    IMG_20190210_122443387.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a Raleigh Sherwood... :)

Newer models have a slightly curved crossbar, otherwise it looks like one.

16. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Yesterday, we drove down to Ohio to receive an Akita from an Amish Family. And now, we're thinking of staying the weekend there sometime in the summer. Kinda Cool honestly.

Other than that, my life is boring, nor would anyone be interested in furry stuff soooooooo...

• Like Like x 1
  17. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

please never mention furry stuff

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Exactly why I said that, you see my point

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

So after nearly 2,5 years of owning my car I finally decided to fix the trunk lock that didn't move at all. I always thought that it's been drilled out or something because when you put the key in it felt like there were no pins at all. So recently while reading a thread about a 20vt Coupe restoration I realized that some other people have had the same issue so I started looking for a solution. After a bit of searching, found out that someone suggested just cleaning the lock. Bit more research and found out that the Barchetta uses the same lock for the doors and so found intructions how the disassemble the lock barrel.

So took off the lock barrel from the car and after I got the plastic cover/lever off, it was pretty clear why that thing didn't move at all. Old grease/oil mixed with dirt was everywhere. I had to carefully hammer the barrel out from the shell and even had to hammer out the pins with a screwdriver because those things didn't move anywhere without some force. Once I got everything out, I cleaned everything first with some gun oil and then took some of the parts to an ultra sound cleaner. Then I used a thin file to make sure the pin channels were clean and sanded the pins slightly as well. After everything was cleaned everything went together nicely and the pins moved freely (actually lost one of the springs so had to leave one of the pins out). Had to file down a bit on one of the pins because the lock wasn't as worn as the door locks so it didn't really want to turn clockwise. Once everything was together, I lubricated the whole assembly with gun oil and installed it back to the car.

IMG_20190208_171033.jpg IMG_20190208_171140.jpg IMG_20190208_171631.jpg IMG_20190208_174222.jpg IMG_20190208_182323.jpg IMG_20190208_191925.jpg IMG_20190208_191933.jpg IMG_20190208_192104.jpg IMG_20190208_192336.jpg IMG_20190209_145121.jpg IMG_20190209_145140.jpg IMG_20190209_153207.jpg IMG_20190210_171101.jpg

Now the lock works and I can open the trunk from outside and not just from the lever next to driver's seat. The release mechanism is a bit stiff because it hasn't been used for who knows how long so it sticks a bit and doesn't latch the trunk unless you turn the key to other direction. Could probably be fixed by removing the trim piece over the latch and lubricating the linkages.

• Like Like x 3
  20. fyamil2

fyamil2
    Expand Collapse

I have always been afraid f4nefZ9YKfg.jpg

Amazing :eek: new kamaz 54901
    pEO6bwWwosI.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice