1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Your Personal Micro Blog(s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

I don't think there are any injures, but its a sad ending to a great piece of history, hopefully it will be rebuilt.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I haven't seen any reports of injuries, but it might be too early to tell. Hopefully it will be "just another" event on the buildings timeline for future generations to read about during their tours.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

So something controversial: I own my Vrs Octavia now since the start of april and im a bit split on it. It looks awesome and does anything i could want its fast and everything but it just doesnt make as much fun as my mk4 golf it actually feels slower (yes of course its faster it has more than double the hp) because its just to perfect it might sound wierd but it would be better if it was worse am i the onlyone who thinks modern cars are like that? Great example is the torque curve you just dont get the punch your expecting it would be better if it had more turbo lag imo.

4. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Its bigger and longer, which will make it feel more stable, but less agile. With that size also comes weight, which once again makes it less agile on the corners.

• Like Like x 1
  5. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

There are, i think 1 police officer and 1 firefighter are injured but nobody died.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

Yea, thankfully they managed to save both towers and the main structure, and someone has already donated millions for repair works.

I don't post stuff like this, but Its interesting that I reached 1000 messages ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

On the corners yes but im meaning in a straight line it feels slower but it isnt.

8. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

Threw up 3 times yesterday.
    Yay.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I know I'm hoping that Notre Dame's structure can be saved and won't have to be demolished.

While it saddens me to see it burn, it does make me happy to see the support from people all over the world. I think it's amazing that regardless of people being religious or not, we can all stop for a minute and come to appreciate this near millennium old French cathedral that has existed long before any of us alive today.

Also, I didn't notice this till later after hearing of the fire, that Notre Dame caught fire on the same day the RMS Titanic sank.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

There was a fire at my local riding spot on Sunday, I had no idea it had happened until a few days after since the Notre Dam fire happened at the same time, so it wasn't covered by the news. I only found out because only one single person who I know had heard about it happening. So yesterday I decided to head out, find, and have a look at the damage for myself.

Total area burnt is about 1 square mile. They had 6 fire engines on site, over 30 fire fighters, and two all terrain vehicles. The local game keepers also assisted them with additional vehicles and their own equipment. All in all I gotta say they did a pretty good job with the resources they had. Could have been a lot worse. As can be seen in the images below, it got very close to burning through the older plantations. Either way, looks like the land should recover soon enough, with many of the trees surviving.
    IMG_20190418_113236.jpg IMG_20190418_112933.jpg IMG_20190418_112751.jpg

Also spotted some cool cars today:
    IMG_20190419_110544.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. fyamil2

fyamil2
    Expand Collapse

On April 20, I decided that a green truck was sold. I want that new pale blue truck. Soon buying a trailer. How are scores, gamers?:oops:

Attached Files:

• 20190422_131021.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  12. fyamil2

fyamil2
    Expand Collapse

I bought a trailer:cool:

Attached Files:

• _timoha_18rusInstaUtility_19cd9.jpg
    • _timoha_18rusInstaUtility_374f8.jpg
    • _timoha_18rusInstaUtility_b0c7c.jpg
    • Like Like x 11
  13. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Worked on raycast caching for my Midtown Madness 2 clone yesterday.

Just like Midtown Madness 2 my vehicular entities cast 3 raycasts in order to orient them, except when a road is marked as 'flat'. However this still takes a large chunk out of the performance budget.

So I worked on some maths that allows me to cache the last triangle the vehicle was in, which then instead of shooting out 3 rays each frame, we check if we're still within the triangle (with 2d math), and if we aren't only then do we cast new rays and start the process over again

(Also shown is the hermite spline the taxi is using to traverse the intersection :) )
    upload_2019-4-23_17-13-11.png upload_2019-4-23_17-13-28.png

• Like Like x 6
  14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

So do you mean in terms of calculating the angle that the vehicle should be at? In regards to the road surface underneath them? (assuming colliding with road)

15. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Yep, traffic follows "rails", which are approximately the shape of the road, but they're not 100% accurate.
    There's also the case of traversing intersections, where traffic would intersect with the intersection geometry if they weren't reoriented.

The raycasting is done because the traffic vehicles aren't actually fully simulated physics entities until they're collided with.
    upload_2019-4-23_17-41-38.png

Bonus video (done before the cable cars raycasted)

• Like Like x 1
  16. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Huh, that's kinda interesting. It surprises me that they didn't have a tool to pre-bake somewhat accurate rails, in order to get the performance gains on the more limited hardware that they were targeting. That said, as you mentioned, if an intersection wasn't flat, finding the roll and pitch of a car as it turns on a slanted polygon might be a bit much for rails to handle well.

For the game that I am working on, the "rails" are generated as each segment of road is built. Then when the simulate button is hit, the path finding is calculated, and the vehicles follow the generated rails (according to the found path) to reach their destination. Thankfully for me, my game is 2d, which saves me a bunch of headaches :p
    upload_2019-4-23_23-11-2.png BaseProfile20190423-23133302_gif.gif

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

What's funny is this actually caused issues on some roads too, E.g. with parked cars, vehicles would orient themselves to be.. on top of a parked car XD
    upload_2019-4-23_18-36-30.png upload_2019-4-23_18-36-44.png

• Like Like x 2
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Good luck!

Now you can start adding upgrades again ;)

19. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

Glass.jpg
    A 4K rendering I've done today. Around one hour of continous rendering after two hours of work to create the glass from scratch. Still learning! :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

You know what's fun? Going from "no symptoms A-OK condition green" to "sore throat sweaty face no escape it's too late" in a matter of minutes, especially around hour 3 of an 11-hour day, and spamming suicidal amounts of throat drops isn't even enough to let you speak consistently.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice