Your real life car crashes and consequences

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Mitki4a, Mar 19, 2014.

1. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Not when you have a hovercar like me :p

2. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Okay, first I crashed into a car but drove no car.

So here is my stupid story...
    I bought a 1 year old scooter 4 months ago.
    I had it 6 days and...I crashed into a car that was parking on the street.

It was in the morning, i wanted to drive to school.
    I drove from our house to the street, looked at the fuel-thing and...crashed into a Nissan Pick-Up.

The Nissan only got something on the bumper.
    My scooter got a total wreck :(
    900€ was what i paid for my scooter when i bought it, i drove it 6 days (ca. 100KM).

So Guys LISTEN: Drive never to school when you´re tired. Stay at home.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Thats a point, I came off a scooter, did a U turn on some wet ground and it just slid out from under me, consequences were that I scuffed the plastics on the side a bit and lightly injured my wrist (kinda that point where you can constantly feel that you have banged it but it doesn't really hurt or impact you in any way, you can simply just feel it there).

4. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

I had a seriously Bad one a few years back.

Crashed an Audi A6 into a citroen Saxo, both cars travelling at around 60mph and we had a head on collision. There citroen slid on Ice around a corner and just appeared in front of us then BAM!
    Both cars were totally written of, in our car one person sustained back injuries and only as they were not wearing a seatbelt (funny story to tell about him) but in the other car two of the three passengers had to be airlifted with skull and spinal injuries. One was partially paralysed by the crash and had to be cut out the car. I bit through my lip (was funny drinking after the crash when water just spilled right out the hole haha)
    Just goes to show what a difference it makes getting a good car when it comes to a proper crash like that.

Ironicly, we had passed a crash where a guy had just gone straight into a tree on the ice and picked him up offering to give him a ride to the nearby town of Uppingham. Amazingly he had sustained no injuries as his car was a wreck. half a mile later we had our crash (the one above) and he was the only one to get injured from our car. Talk about a bad day haha.

5. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Thats what i did with a scooter from one of my friends.
    We wanted to drive each others.
    I put the engine of my scooter (i have a new one since 2 months) off, but my friend did not.
    He gave me his ( i had my hand on the gas thing) the scooter goes out of my hand and slided on many little stones.
    The whole plastics on the left side got damaged and unpretty and oil came out the scooter...

He said its not so tragic. I cant understand him ^^

6. CBJ023

CBJ023
    Expand Collapse

My family has had a fair share of accidents, everyone in my immediate family has hit a mailbox except my dad, my sister decked one with our old Mercury Grand Marquis which must've weighed 2 tons and the mailbox landed on the other side of the street... Our minivan's have taken a beating, one would lock the rears on braking and spin out, another got struck by lightning and the tires were melted into the pavement and the electronics would random all freak out causing the car to jerk about, the next van was hit by someone running a red light and hit the left front tire, our van careened off the road and hit a tree, our current van has been put through hell and is still working. I've hit a mailbox backing up to park it on the street, it has many holes in the bumper from backing up to hitch up a trailer and the hitch going through the bumper, my mom backed into a pole in the big rear blind spot, and we used it to tow a 12ft. trailer with a 750pd.mini-racecar in it for 2 years, and a 1300pd mini-racecar after a few months of which the shocks and rear springs had to be changed, and it's still going strong although we no longer use it for towing :p

Attached Files:

• 387418_307132025975865_55536215_n.jpg
    • unnamed.jpg
  7. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I have had a few dirtbike crashes. I had a only one actual relatively bad crash, and even then, I didn't break any bones. I do some pretty rigorous riding, too.
    Well the worst one was a few years ago when I had my honda 50. I was riding around a field at the elementary school down the road, and I was going fast, around the top speed of the bike (25 maybe). I hit this hidden bump in the grass and it slung me up, and threw my chest down on to the handle bars hard. That knocked the air outa me bad. I was afraid I'd fall foward and get run over by my own bike, but I was able throw my weight back onto the bike. I ended up sitting on top of the gass tank. But I didn't have my hands on the handle bars. I thought I could maybe get control of the bike and not fall, but beforeI could really do anything, it was too late. I just kinda fell over with the bike going about 15 probably. I did a pretty good face plant into the grass. I did have a helmet on, but other than that just a t shirt and loose athletic shorts. I broke the visor pretty bad during my face plant. I've found that whenever you fall and end up laying somewhere, especially in grass, once the pain starts to die down, it is the most comfortable thing ever. I just laid there for about 15 minutes before I even really moved.

And once I was riding at windrock, with the same bike, and I ended up somehow ramming into a bank, and it pushed the front brake right into my hand. Just crushed it. That hurt pretty bad.
    The rest are just close calls
    I was riding at the lake, on my honda 80, and we have a pretty big yard, and it is sloped down towards the water. I decided, just for the lelz, to lock up my back wheel. I didn't think about what to do once the back end started to come out. Well it really started coming around, and I had to make a decision in a split second. I could either just keep holding the brake, and fall down with the bike, possible crushing my leg and burning it (exauste pip runs on that side). Or I could let go of the brake and possibly be thrown off of the other side of the bike due to the wheel suddenly getting traction. I chose the second one and let off the brake. I was able to hold on and regain control of the bike.
    I could tell the rabbit story, but I am tired of typing.

8. JAM3SwGAM3S

JAM3SwGAM3S
    Expand Collapse

I have just had a couple of Quad Bike accidents such as rolling it, coming off jumps nothing major.
    Touch wood nothing serious happens in the future :eek:

9. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Good luck with that tranny you'll be changing it soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Oh I thought of another thing that happened
    My parents both work, so I had to go to daycare. This was probably 2008. It was the summer, and like every other day, we'd go on feild trips to places. A great idea if you think about it, but I hated it. And I would hate it if I had to do it again. I had my early childhood stolen.
    Anyway, there were so many kids that the daycare actually had to hire someone to drive an actual full size school bus. Well one time we were going down the interstate, and the very right lane was closed. The bus driver must have been a dick and not letting a semi over. I was sitting in the back of the bus, and this semi just starts coming over on is. I was just 8 so I don't remember exactly the details. But the semi actually hit one of the busses mirrors and bent it in. This bus was had at least 60 kids in it and probably 7 adults. We were going probably around 70. That could have turned out VERY bad.
    And speaking of bus crashes, just felt the need to mention the terrible bus crash that happened around here in 2013. Big church bus blew a tire and careened across the median and hit a semi head on. Killed something like 10 people. :(

11. CBJ023

CBJ023
    Expand Collapse

Haha maybe it's 7 years old, hasn't towed anything for about a year but is still running just fine no problems at all, which is pretty amazing if you ask me.

12. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Those j30 trannies have been known to not be that good. I love Honda but they suck with auto trannies

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Fixed it for you

14. JDMClark

JDMClark
    Expand Collapse

Yeah auto trannies in general suck but Honda really messed up with the 99-2003 afford trannies on the v6 and i4. The v6 problems carried over to the Odyssey

15. Svpracer

Svpracer
    Expand Collapse

Me and my family (my dad) has had a fair share of crashes/ accidents. I used to race Quarter Midgets in 2nd-4th grade and have rolled my car twice. Last summer I got my learners permit and was driving in my car (2008 Saturn Astra) with my mom and stopped for a yellow light (making a left hand turn) and was rear-ended by a 2000(ish) Ford Focus. The damage wasn't bad but I needed a new rear bumper. My dad has managed to destroy the fender of a 2012 GMC Yukon XL in our neighborhood store backing out (hit a yellow post) and destroy a Buick GL8 (Chevy Venture) overseas. He was driving on the freeway in china (he does a lot of business with GM there) and ran over a truck transmission at night and destroyed the rear of the van.

16. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I can safely say I have never had an accident when I have been driving...and neither has anyone in my family...which is all good

I am honestly a safe driver...although I havent passed my test yet...so I am still learning but I have been driving for about 2 years but I know to keep to the rules of the road and stuff and dont run the risk of speeding and causing the accident...the insurance company would murder me if I did have an accident so I drive like your grandfather....slow and safe..

17. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I've been in 1 or 2. First one I was like 3, some guy wrecked his motorcycle and it slid under our Ford Explorer. Second one, I was 7 and some lady, who was about 190 years old, rear ended my grandmother's Hyundai Elantra with her land yacht Cadillac. No damage was done.

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

never had one, don't plan to either, i follow every single rule of the road, other people, well, most do, but i've seen quite a few assholes (for example, once when taking a left turn, all of a sudden this suv comes taking a right turn on the opposite side of the intersection, doesn't stop before making the right turn, doesn't even slow down, so not only did they take that turn WAY too fast, but they didn't stop before turning either (which is part of the law where i live))

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You can follow every road law you like, but you'll always find that there is at least 1 dick like that SUV who will break some rule and sometimes collision won't be avoidable. You just can't always account for another idiot causing an accident with you unfortunately.

The amount of close calls I've had that weren't my fault... I'm actually ordering a dashboard camera when I have the cash available because although I've managed to avoid a hell of alot of dickheads trying to cause accidents so far (yeah, I've had a few near misses which from my point of view can only be people with an IQ lower than their age or insurance scammers) I can't guarantee that I wont manage to avoid the next so I'd like to at least have something to cover my ass with.

20. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Like 6 said, you can be a perfect driver and still get in an accident. Just look at this dash cam video from a Ford Excursion. For anyone that doesn't know, that is a big ass suv, bigger than a suburban.

Skip to 1:15
    You could have been the guy in the sedan that got hit.
    And, in my opinion, if you are gonna drive a vehicle as big as an excursion, you should be a pretty damn good driver. There wouldn't have been a crash if the guy didn't swerve across the damn road. Looks like he had plenty of room to stop in the turn lane before he hit the minivan.

#60 Potato, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice