WIP ZAZ 968M Zaporozhets/Запоро́жець/Запоро́жец (and other variations later)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Justaparps, Jul 10, 2017.

1. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

YAY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

But ZAZ is a Ukrainian manufacter
    triggered

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

They are all Soviet manufacturers,I doesn't matter that much

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

putin owns a zaz lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Do you happen to know what are those glass thingys(extra lights?) on putins zaz? Opposite side of the front turn indicators when looked from front light perspective.

6. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

I think that they are either running lights or fog lights.

7. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Little update, I have taken little breaks from the project(my head gets full(cant concentrate or get ton of new info.... #Light Aspie problems...... or have run into a brick wall(happens after every couple hours or so....), in the end i have been working on the project for 16+ hours.

Chassis UV map is done(not baked yet), working on interior switches on dashboard, got some extra info from my hungarian source and it seems my model contains some homemade switches(not uncommon on soviet cars, eg my father used 2 red transparent switches, similar to these:

to wire his custom radio equipmentin and diy upgraded windscreen wiper motor in his Moskvich 412 he modified for special hobbyist leaque rallies, his racing team was called Fast and Oily!

Modifications allowed were limited(basically anything modified stock or some rally or sport parts(eg racing exhaust, which didnt fit, so he used a cccp sports exhaust he bought from somewhere).

He used Lada and Moskvich rally magazines to find things he could improve, whitout alternating the car too much from OEM parts and get every sip of perfomance out(that deafening noise... he had to push the car out 300m every morning from our village during race days, in order not to woke up anyone at 6 am when he departed to go to rallies....

The tires on the car(visible here) were winter tires he took out every single nail(callled stud, used for better grip in snow) to use those tires roadlegally during non winter seasons and on dirt tracks).

So back to my model, should i go for full stock? Or for homemade modified model(eg keep those homemade switches the current car model has)? I plan to do both models, but i have to start whit one of them for now!

Also if i hide a part in blender, does the hidden part leave in the export file(when i import to beamng)?

Attached Files:

• upload_2017-7-15_22-27-43.png
  8. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

Start with home modified. It is easier to remove stuff than add stuff back in.

9. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone here in this thread own a zaz 968(of any model)? Or know someone who owns one(and dosent mind taking some pictures of it for me?) I dont want to annjoy my source/informant whit car interior pics(of certain things, like buttons, and now a ventilation hole) too much :D

10. Honest Nick

Honest Nick
    Expand Collapse

Ходит слух, что в 70-е, у участковых в мелких селениях были ЗАЗ-ы на службе. Без мигалок, но с раскраской.
    Вот тебе ещё идея для конфига. :D

11. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Whitout google translate i understand(havent checked google translate yet): Some Sluh who is 70(from слух, что в 70-е), used to be some kind of teatcher?(from участковых) has a celeniah(green if i remember?) zaz.... Thats all i can more or less understand....

Actual post:

There is a rumor that in the 70s, district police in small settlements had ZAZ-s in service. Without flashers, but with a coloring.
    Here's another idea for the config. : D

Result: My Russian sucks so hard.....

EDIT: Will plan it! Maybe whit some kind of engine upgrade or CB radio!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Honest Nick

Honest Nick
    Expand Collapse

CCCP Police (Miltcyia) version of ZAZ. But without beacol light.

13. Shtoorminator

Shtoorminator
    Expand Collapse

I know one guy who has 968M, so I can ask him if he could take some photos. Pictures of which parts do you need exactly?

Also, I really like your attention to details :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

No problem, i try to make it as original(or original like) as possible :) Currently annoying my source for a clear photo of the ventilator/heat button,
    the first button on right of the steering wheel(the one whit little fan/propeller and some wave thingies on it!).

The more buttons and other interior stuff he can picture me(the sharpest/closest to them possible!(so i can use the photo to create a perfect replica texture of the buttons!) the more better the mod textures and accuaricy will be!

The button on ZAZ is different than it is on western cars! Notice the little circle in the connection spot of the propeller blades and the rotation angle of the propellers?

• Like Like x 5
  15. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

1990_ZAZ_968_convertible.jpg 1990_ZAZ_968_interior.jpg 1990_ZAZ_968_limo.jpg < Items of interest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

That is a older generation of newer dashboard(first side of 1980s?) I do like it but the model i have right now(that i am modifying) has dashboard based on late 1980s, early 1990s model!

Nothing too different about them(literally only button models....), ill do the last generation ones first, then older (whit new gen dashboard)ones!

17. King_Corduroy

King_Corduroy
    Expand Collapse

Man! I cannot wait. :D I absolutely love Soviet era cars, it just tickles me pink to mess about in these teensy super utilitarian autos! lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

Ute, please. Just kidding. I know it's rear-engined. That would be funny though.

19. Honest Nick

Honest Nick
    Expand Collapse

You will not believe, but ute model does exist...
    c9ce2eu-960.jpg 29ce2eu-960.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

That is even better than I thought it would be. It is amazing that you were able to track it down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice