WIP ZAZ 968M Zaporozhets/Запоро́жець/Запоро́жец (and other variations later)

Discussion in 'Land' started by Justaparps, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

It is, this model i based my work on was intended(or atleast ripped one matterial out of, a chassis underbelly for a nonus) for a game called Street Legal Racing Redline. Good game, i highly reccomend it if you havent played it!

Also i have some interesting extra things to implement whit the car, for example i have looked closely and photographed(when i had change, eg not car driving) all kinds of local soviet cars(mostly Moskviches but also couple zaz968m, havent seen 968A myself yet IRL) and i have gotten some good pictures and ideas. For example i have some soviet russian posters in my grand grandpas(RIP, died in 2003) garage and ton of soviet era Estonian skiing equipment(mostly skis) and i have photograpped soviet era carry frames(the stuff that allow you to put cargo on car roof) on Moskviches.
    I am also planning on adding aftermarket customizations, eg Tavria Taillights, based on pictures i have seen its not a uncommon aftermarket customization.

Source:https://drivetribe.com/p/cheerful-c...D3GMQoa2QOkPZXh4CQ?iid=Lv-Q-1CTTNmb0M7ezucNHA

2. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Not being impatient or anything, but when is it coming out to public?

3. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Its my first mod so there are still things i dont know about beamng modding. Right now i know most of the basics thanks to some of the beamng forum members and wiki guides. Right now i am finishing the exterior model(giving it last touches) and ill start creating jbeam(already started creating the mod folders) in a week or two. Most of the Jbeam ill do will be generated by my computer(thanks to software plugins). I dont exactly know when the mod will be ready(as in complete, not WIP), but i dont really plan on doing a private beta. So when the mod is ready and seems to work inside beamng(whit bugs) ill let the admins look it trough for conflicts(eg my mod messing up someones mod or game or making something(eg Beamng Pickup) dissapear, when they accept it they will release it then.

4. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Post a picture of the model with polyflow on, then get @The Shotty to see if it's too high-poly.

5. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

how and whit what software can i do it?

6. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Blender.

7. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

8. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

wow I thought this was going to be a bad Russian mod improved but this looks GREAT! keep going!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

okay thanks for letting me know, i can't wait and i support this mod very much

• Like Like x 1
  10. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

I appreciate your hope! But this is my first mod(for any game, tough i did try to create my own simple driving game on unity-like game engine once, 5 years ago) and changes are this wont turn out well... Tough i do try my best at beating my current opponents zaz968m mod in terms of tiny little details, better textures and a bit more advanced jbeam than covets jbeam(hatchback) slapped on a coupe....
    --- Post updated ---
    At first i think ill create the realistic/history pure zaz968(A/B/M), 966 and then ill create the alternate history line of zaz968 in Wagon, Pickup(the factory only rear engine pickup version) and the public alternative history based public version of that pickup, in FF form(since factory one was rear engine, RWD).

And then ill think of creating my own brand of vehicles(That will sound similar to Moskvich or be 3 letter abveration like VAZ,ZAZ and UAZ are/were... Problem is that CCCP already took ton of these 3 letter abbervations.....

This is the factory only pickup IRL:

And there were ton of prototype based vehicles based on same/similar(modified) platform, but were more ultility focused, eg a van
    and ton of other goodies.

The wagon version i am planning is will look something like this:

I know i am bad at drawing whit computer..... But this is more or less how it will look like, the end would be based on Moskvich Wagon(similar/based on the Moskvich 412 my father drove rallies whit(but it was sedan).

Zaz968 front whit more rounded moskvich 412 wagon end/rear:

--- Post updated ---
    At first i think ill create the realistic/history pure zaz968(A/B/M), 966 and then ill create the alternate history line of zaz968 in Wagon, Pickup(the factory only rear engine pickup version) and the public alternative history based public version of that pickup, in FF form(since factory one was rear engine, RWD).

And then ill think of creating my own brand of vehicles(That will sound similar to Moskvich or be 3 letter abveration like VAZ,ZAZ and UAZ are/were... Problem is that CCCP already took ton of these 3 letter abbervations.....

This is the factory only pickup IRL:

And there were ton of prototype based vehicles based on same/similar(modified) platform, but were more ultility focused, eg a van
    and ton of other goodies.

The wagon version i am planning is will look something like this:

I know i am bad at drawing whit computer..... But this is more or less how it will look like, the end would be based on Moskvich Wagon(similar/based on the Moskvich 412 my father drove rallies whit(but it was sedan).

Also, the wagon will be probably rear engined(by a flat 4 or original V4 engine) RWD whit maybe optional FF layout

11. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

*IZH 21251 Kombi
    thats important

• Like Like x 2
  12. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

Neat, I want to really put it through its Paces when it comes time.

13. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Under PolyFlow you mean poly count and poly structure?

14. Standard

Standard
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ask someone who has actually created a car.

15. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Moskvich 400, Moskvich 412, IZH 21251 Kombi, what is the difference? Its all Moskvich, basically the same car!

I hope i didnt trigger you! :)

16. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

In theory my 968m would be reliable, since zaz968 have both primary and secondary suspension(torsion bars and coils in front, torsion bars taking most of the beating then coils doing their job) and Semi Trailing Arm and Coils in the rear). Also since ZAZ968 stock engine is air cooled, there wouldnt be radiator damage :). Tough since the engine is in the rear there is high possibility of rear suspension not being able to take energy away from a bad jumps(when like in Bajarama you do a jump on a crest whit too much speed and land on a next jump crest whit only rear wheels)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

A little update:

I am having hate and love relationship whit blender and some of the worklfow whit it.... In some ways blender is genius, but in other ways blender is pure nightmare, IMO created and designed by devil....

I love the node system of blender, but importing my model(well the model i based my project on) from another format(i think it was .dae) to blender broke it(rotated it slightly on one axis).... So for last week or two i have been trying to fix it(by placing a flat panel below the car all 4 tires whit a few mm gap between the tyre mesh and the flat plane, then slowly rotating the car on the axis its missaligned to make it a bit closer to 180 degrees compared the flat plane....), combined whit researching framework behind the car body panels and remoddeling it(in order to make it look and deform more realistically).

So TLDR: There has been no progress in last week or two until now(last 3 days), when i finally more or less reduced the problem i had whit my model and blender rotations, researched the car framework behind the front body panels and starting to remoddeling them, fixing dents in the car front body panels(caused by import?) and quite possibly being nuisance to my hungarian info source:)))!

Ill probably upload some before and after pics later, but i am in my workflow right now(everything is going smooth)!

18. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Not saying stop, but here’s one

Attached Files:

• 5C5663F2-B869-43E4-A08E-60A3656628D8.png
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

And that one is abominable... :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

It is probably as huge as the GM because it uses GM's jbeam.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice