This mod adds a Straight Eight engine to the Crashhard Classic, completely in the spirit of the day and inspired on one of the most notorious real life straight eight cylinder engines. The engine has two separate versions, stock and tuned, with their own respective transmissions. A moving gear shifter has been added, as well as extra shift logic that requires the 3-speed transmission(s) to be shifted down left (dog leg principle) when using a shifter as controller.
Aside from the above this mod contains several extra features that fit the Straight Eight as well as the original Crashhard Classic.
Those features are :
- A fully working freewheel function (a system often found in 'roughly 80 to 100' year old cars)
- Fully working gauges on the dashboard for better immersion
- Separate light switch for the 'panel lights' (gauges)
- BeamNG's vanilla after market steering wheels (resized to fit the vehicle)
- Additional sport suspension parts (different properties only, no visuals)
- An extra short ratio steering box
- A body colored fuel tank
- An additional rpm gauge with a max-rpm-chevron that can be reset on the spot.
Press lightbar for freewheel on/off
Press Alt + N for panel lights
Press horn for rpm chevron reset
Drop the .zip file into the mods folder
NOCARGO - A bit of everything needed to make this mod what it is
Big thanks to @CrashHard for allowing me to reuse and remodel engine parts of the original Crashhard Classic. This allowed me to produce the mod in a much shorter time frame ! Also thank you CrashHard for standing me by when needed, offering help and making small changes to the original mod for allowing better integration of my addon.
BeamNG - For all the amazing features at my disposal !
- The engine mounts are not visible/modeled yet
- Some small texture/mesh shape area's need finishing (starter motor, rpm gauge, ...)
- The temperatures need be more stabilized (cooling efficiency adjustment radiators or engine node chem. energy?)
- The radiator keeps smoking after reset (tuned version only and not after Ctr+R)
- Maybe the third gear of the 3-speed is a bit too long (at least the tuned version?)
- The alternator/generator fan is still a little wonky (I'd actually like that if it was but then a little less)
- Some stuff I can't think off right now...
These issues are still up because I hate to break deadlines.
They will be looked after and an update will follow, no date promised.
If you have any issues, complaints, suggestions or plain discussion, please don't drop them in a review but use this thread instead.