Outdated Škoda 742 & Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by Atomix, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Justaparps

Justaparps
    Expand Collapse

Hey, trivia dosen't hurt anyone! Also i am interested in it :) If you wanna give trivia without pissing off everyone on this forum, you could pm me?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

We want to hear more!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

I have the feeling that i am waiting for a dead update

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. thenevsova36

thenevsova36
    Expand Collapse

1st year anniversary is coming, so maybe... :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marcgelo56

Marcgelo56
    Expand Collapse

when i spawn the car,back wheels broke :(

6. Haida

Haida
    Expand Collapse

outdated….

7. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

It actually still works i think.

8. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

It does for me :D I'm glad it does, just wish it'll be updated soon because it's one of the only cars that I actually drive, and after mastering the control of this car on keyboard I find it fun to drive.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also I've just seen this picture he put on one of the forum thingys, it's a skoda 100!
    (Atomix's picture)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Haida

Haida
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't for me, weird.

10. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't work anymore i have tried everything it's dead without update it wil be useless

11. Stynger

Stynger
    Expand Collapse

For me it works no problem
    screenshot_2019-02-01_13-30-29.png

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

13. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

#533 Aerohead1999, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There are no issues with rear wheels breaking off, those were happening with pirated game versions or old game version if I remember correctly.

However rear wheel rate is much greater than front wheel rate, which makes car very oversteery, 3rd gear at 80kph is enough to break traction when cornering which is not how real car is, imo. What I remember when I drove one long long time ago, was that at 100kph or above front end started to lift which made it not going where you wanted and understeering was more of issue, unless you did brake hard and turned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Aerohead1999

Aerohead1999
    Expand Collapse

Accidently posted.

16. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

skodead
    screenshot_2019-02-09_16-33-46.png

• Like Like x 3
  17. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

this bitch empty
    upload_2019-2-10_0-14-50.png

Y E E T
    upload_2019-2-10_0-19-42.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have dimensions of coil springs of this Skoda?

I came up with these values for 130GL when using 1.3Hz front and rear, but I'm not sure if that is still too sporty.
    upload_2019-2-10_0-26-21.png

I did try to put those to rally coilovers, but I could not go enough low and those are for 0.15m/s damping knee. As @Atomix has put on first post, I can't tamper files to adjust rally coil overs, but even when adjusted to what I could, it was better, imo.

14000 and 19000 are spring rates.

19. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Those values seem to work well, but I can't tell because tampering with the files completely breaks the mod for some reason.
    Edit:
    Ok, they seem to work, but the suspension is way too soft and it practically rides on the bump stops.

#539 Capkirk, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did put those values to rally coilovers, not tampered with fails as mod author forbids that. Did not ride on bumpstops, imo.

Then again usually cars are designed so that your bumpstops are what take on bumps etc. As well as take load at heavy cornering, one car IRL car had 20mm of free travel before hitting bump stops, those bumpstops themselves were 75mm tall and compressed a LOT, bump travel of car was measure to be 50mm.

Passenger cars usually have a lot more rebound travel than bump travel, that one I did measure had around 100mm rebound travel.

I have not checked how jbeam is made, but way real car is setup those spring rates should work out as around 1.3Hz, it might be bit higher or lower, can't tell without at least measurements of springs, but 1.8Hz starts to be sporty, 1.3Hz might be bit soft, but probably not too far off I think as car is tuned to be usable on gravel roads too and 2000s FWD cars used to have 1.3-1.6Hz front/rear.

Then it comes to how accurately jbeam setup replicates real suspension motion etc.

0kg passenger load:
    upload_2019-2-10_16-23-42.png

Two rear passengers 150kg:
    upload_2019-2-10_16-22-21.png

That is pretty much what I know two passengers at rear seat causing rear end to sag.

ARB stiffness is then something I have not even looked upon, I would think that it needs to be stiffer, but idk. Don't have measurements of real ARB.

Also I think that frontend can be too soft, did not check, but now that checked front end has setup that is something like 0.5 motion ratio, again that is based on what graphics mod has, I don't know how much jbeam replicates of that, haven't checked, but for example if front end motion ratio is 0.5 then 14000 becomes 28000 spring, which then might or might not need damper changes, depends where damper beams are connected to, same goes for front springs really.

So if C is pivot of lower arm B is connection point of spring and A is other end of lower arm (kingpin), B at middle is 0.5 which is multiplier of 2 for spring closer to C is 0.5-0.0 and closer to A is 0.5-1.0, Near A like Pherson setup has motion ratio of 1 as there is no leverage, closer to C and there is more leverage which has to be taken account when calculating spring rate of wheel rate.
    upload_2019-2-10_16-31-52.png

With 28000 at front with rally coilovers that front end is really super high, so that is way too much, not sure what happens without rally coilovers if stock suspension is modified, but as mod author forbids that, I'm not going to test. All I can say is that when those values I posted are put to effective wheel rates, if jbeam is accurate to real life, then it should work, but that is wheel rates, if jbeam is made so that there are different motion ratio than 1, then that needs to be taken account to, also it is possible that some jbeam changes are needed, bumpstops might need changes and so on.

But certainly, if you find it way too soft, then stock springs and rally coilovers must use different motion ratio or something like that, 1.3Hz should not be too soft.
    --- Post updated ---
    I left out spring angle, but I'm always forgetting that, anyway this calculator handles all that, just need to convert units to american and back:
    https://www.hypercoils.com/spring-rate-calculator/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice