Released 1980 Typical American Fullsize Series

Discussion in 'Land' started by SergentFido, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

Wow, thanks for the nearly instantaneous reply:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

i was here so it's just a question of typing it. Also i appreciate the support about this mod so it's quite normal to answer, especially to people like you not rushing me.

2fast4you > Legran wagon and coupe are from two different people but it's not me. i only did the mesh polishing of the Convertible.

what i did is some parts and textures for AR162B's H15 mod, and gave a bit of help to Crashmaster in some of his mods.

3. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I noticed when you posted the latest photos of the wagon, it looked close to done...
    Am I wrong?

4. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

It was very far from close to done, it was just a "one hour" test based on the Delta 88.
    And then i discovered that making the real Custom Cruiser wagon will be way more complicated because in reality, it doesn't share any panels with the Delta 88 except the hood and the fascia.
    Doors and the whole body are different. I'll give more explanations in some weeks but please be all patients because i have less time to work on this mod, i have others projects to do for living.
    All i can say is that i have an almost complete wagon working, and that this wagon will be released, as well as the Regency Coupe and Delta 88 coupe.
    For now i don't show anything because i prefer to work quietly with no rush, as usual.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

Well, the hood also came from the Delta. All the rest is pretty much a Caprice Wagon.
    The wagons were a GM corporate item, with only the frontends, some interior parts, color options and taillights to distinguish them across the brands.

The good news is, if you do it right, you'll then have about 75% of a Caprice/Impala! ;)

6. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Yep, i told in my post, "except the hood and the fascia" that means indeed that i use the Delta 88 and Regency hood, fascia.
    All the rest is another thing. But you're right, those cars were made like that indeed.

I prefer to work slowly on what i have to finish so we'll talk about other possibilities, like Buicks, Pontiac Safari, and so on, after the next release.
    As said before, in some weeks you'll see where the mod is in terms of achievement so untill that moment i prefer not to think too much and keep the focus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

Lol! There goes my selective dyslexia.

8. enrichvongall

enrichvongall
    Expand Collapse

HELP! the first time i downloaded and istalled tjis mod it worked properly , but now i can't understand why it doesn't work anymore...i put the 2.9 MB file in the vehicles folder and than i put the 185MB file in the mods folder , but the game only load the first all-black car with the automatic gearbox

9. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

these two files need to be on mods folder only :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sunset Drive

Sunset Drive
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

My full review of this mod:
    The Codename: Oldsfullsize mod is a vehicle mod that adds in a trusty 80's oldsmobile of two (soon to be four) Styles of enourmous.

Pros
    OLDSMOBILE.
    Anemic 307 V8
    Slightly less Anemic 350 V8
    Not that Anemic police 350 V8
    Enourmous amounts of transmissions
    New wheels
    Oldsmobile
    Detroit

Downsides
    New wheels cannot go on other vehicles
    brakes are kinda good
    seems a little light in some versions
    No "emissions systems removed" engine.

#1210 Sunset Drive, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  11. Daunlouded

Daunlouded
    Expand Collapse

You may have screwed up by not reading the original post:
    Important Notice : This mod is an addon of the "Codename : Oldsfullsize" Mod you may download in the repository here or by clicking on the green button just above.
    Without it the addon won't work at all, as important files are in the "Codename : Oldsfullsize" mod.

However, the original poster have screwed up with the adjective "green" because there is no green button.

Solution: download the required mod from the ORANGE button on top of the page.

It took a few moments for me to locate it because usually "above" is referring right above the text, but this time the "above" meant the very top of the page. It makes no sense to hilight and bold the addon download link but not the required mod.
    </highlyuselessresponse>

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for pointing my error by writting green instead of orange for the download button. But about the highlighted link, i'm sorry but it makes sense. The main file located in the repository have an install and a download button, like any other mod. I've highlighted the download link for the addon to avoid people to go to the bottom of the message and be sure they will see it. I think things are pretty clear because the mod was downloaded more that 45 000 times and they are only a few complaints about wrong downloading, mod not working and so on.

14. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I have never, ever had a problem downloading and installing this mod. People need to calm the f*ck down, put the damn phone down, take some meds
    and READ the authors instructions, and COMPREHEND them. It is simple if you APPLY yourselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MylesG

MylesG
    Expand Collapse

What about a gm land barge from the 70's? like a Buick Estate wagon or Electra 225?

16. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

Or why not a 1975 Chrysler New Yorker

4698825183_4aefebc530_b.jpg

View attachment 251446

Oh, And welcome to the forums!

#1216 rryz19, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MylesG

MylesG
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! and there is a mod for a 75 LTD its pretty good.

18. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I think there should be an Iron Duke 4 cylinder for this car, it's going to be funny watching it struggle reaching 0-100.

19. rryz19

rryz19
    Expand Collapse

It won't even hit 60 moving a boat like this...

I would like to see a cast-iron V6 in this mod though.

20. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice