WIP Beta released A new *CITY* map - LOS INJURUS 2023-12-20

Los Injurus 2023, now featuring 11-foot-8 bridge!

1. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Sleep before I make you sleep.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey bob.blunderton, are you thinking about adding a Walmart parody building to Los Injurus?

3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I ended up having to keep an eye on my little niece after I was all done cramming on the map work... so I ended up being up 24 hours. Though when I did finally fall asleep, it only took about 1~3 minutes max to actually sleep. I still feel like a truck hit me, my body just aches. But I will have an update on the repository available for Nevada and Los Injurus in the next few days.
    Yes, there will be one or two. It'll be pretty big as usual, and one of them will be a Sprawl Mart.

4. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for answering my questions. I do have one more question for you though. Are these Walmart parody buildings going to be in the next update or no?

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

The next PUBLIC Los Injurus update is already uploaded without any Walmart parody buildings in it. It will be available to download next week before Chris Mess, as my present to the community who have given so much in support and mods of their own.
    The supporter beta update went out this morning (yes, another one!). It's a wee-bit rough around the edges (it's the same as the one that will be on the repository next week listed above), and it also features large 'stop' signs that show you a road is unfinished, broken in some way, or generally under heavy construction.
    Walmart parodies would be in no earlier than late January or early February. I have a lot on my plate with the route 1 concept and the abandoned rust-belt scenes I am going to be working on after the weekend. I am a bit 'Beamed-out' for the day and my guts are on an absolute WAR PATH right now with how I've treated my body the last two days or more. So I am not going to work on the map this weekend until I feel a bit better, and to give my brain a rest. My body is telling me to give it a rest and not be productive for a bit 'or else', if you know what I mean.

I want to thank everyone for their support, it's been great. It will continue to be filled with good times and new scenes in BeamNG in the future.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for answering my questions.

You are welcome :)

By the way, I have 2 more questions for you.

1. Do you have any plans to put any stop sign, yield sign, and traffic light warning signs in the map?

2. Have you considered putting in a Dairy Queen or Dominoes parody restaurant in the map?

7. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes, there's already stop signs. There's already a few yield signs in on the highways. Traffic light 'ahead' signs will be in eventually. A full compliment of signs will eventually be in the map.
    Pizza restaurants and dairy queen restaurants are good parody ideas. I will jot those down. All kinds of places will be in when it's done.

8. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for answering my questions.

I do have 7 more questions for you about Los Injurus though.

1. Will you add more light posts to Los Injurus?
    2. Will you add a power station or power plant to the map?
    3. Will you add a transmission tower/power tower or one of those steel towers that are really tall and have multiple lines?

By the way, If you don't know what I'm asking about with Question 3, here is a picture of what I'm asking about.

screenshot_2019-12-22_18-44-26.png

4. Will you release the next public update of Los Injurus for download on the repo before Christmas?
    If you don't, that's fine :)
    5. Will you add a curve sign that tells you what the recommended speed of the curve is?
    By the way, Here is an example of what I'm asking about.

screenshot_2019-12-21_18-52-16.png

6. Will there be more roads in this upcoming update of the map then there are in the current repo version of the map?
    And 7. Will there be any mobile/manufactured homes (abandoned and not abandoned) in the map?
    Those are all of my questions for now.

#1048 95Crash, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  9. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Lights and posts are coming now that the lighting / rendering engine has had some work. I will see first if there will be more changes coming up before I settle on something permanent of a solution.
    Power station, yes, this map will have it's own power source one of these days, though it's not in the immediate future.
    Power Poles and high-voltage regional 14kv lines will in, eventually, in due time, though it's not in the immediate future.
    The repository version should get updated sometime TOMORROW, it will be the same one that supporters have had for a few days now. It's less finished / polished than I'd have liked (mostly referring to the state of the outer loop), however, it's better than missing a deadline with just 24 hours notice!
    Some recommended speed signs are in place, but admittedly I likely can count them on one hand. There's a few other curve signs in place, too. There will be more as I have time and finish up areas of the map.
    There are currently more new / completely redone roadways in the new up-and-coming public version and much more planned, however, a good 2 miles were removed at one of the edges of the map in preparation for my Route 1 concept. It's currently a trade-off, though the new stuff that's in is very nice (mostly referring to the area of highway I re-did near the dirt-track and the newer section of run-down city that supporters have been enjoying for some time near the mall).
    Mobile / Modular / Prefabricated housing is planned.

My first house was a 1900sq/f 4.5 year old Fleetwood double-wide mobile home (fully loaded with central AC, good windows, oak cabinets, island kitchen, perimeter ventilation, two-room master bath, carport + 6-car driveway etc) that I bought in 2002. I loved that house, and even though it was on rented land in a community, it was on a corner lot and I took great care of it, and sold it for a tidy profit in 2006. So aside of that off-topic bit, yes, entirely there will be some new and old.
    Many renters today would be better served leaving in a NICE mobile home park (not a trashy one!), with the purchase of a several-year-old mobile home. Entirely do look up reviews if considering living in one, though, and ask the folks that live there on a saturday/sunday when folks are home how it is, if anyone does ever intend to take that advice. Provided the house has been taken decent care of, and that it's not the absolute cheapest-base-model home available, it should provide many years of good service.

--That is all. Work on the map will resume sometime in the next few days.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for answering my questions bob.blunderton. I'm so glad for all of the work you've put into this map :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

12. littlerascal584

littlerascal584
    Expand Collapse

have not posted in a while. how's the subway coming along?

13. Mr.Bot

Mr.Bot
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2019-12-23_17-51-30.png screenshot_2019-12-23_17-51-39.png screenshot_2019-12-23_17-51-45.png screenshot_2019-12-23_17-52-14.png screenshot_2019-12-23_17-52-32.png screenshot_2019-12-23_17-52-39.png
    Oh boy, there are many missing texture issues I found around the map, I've already tried clearing cache and also looked through to see if I had any saved versions of the map. I don't know if this is known by you but sure hope it could be fixed soon

14. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Try running this without any other mods first.
    That's the first report I've received of that, so, entirely please send me your beamng.log file after loading the map.
    The file is found in documents\beamng.drive folder.

15. littlerascal584

littlerascal584
    Expand Collapse

I have also have that problem but I assumed it was with the update and thought you were already on it. I cleared cache and disabled mods already tried. still there

16. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Hey bob.blunderton. I'm having some texture issues to. I cleared cache and disabled every other mod I had and I'm still having these no texture problems. By the way, apart from Los Injurus, I have no map mods and I only have 3 mods total at the moment.

screenshot_2019-12-23_20-34-42.png screenshot_2019-12-23_20-36-01.png screenshot_2019-12-23_20-36-58.png

I would be happy if you fixed this soon. That said, this map is still awesome and the new update rocks :D
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way, will Route 1 have 2 lanes or 4 or more lanes?

17. Mr.Bot

Mr.Bot
    Expand Collapse

I have 3 log files I have right now, beamng, beamng.2 and the beamng-launcher
    Do I send in all 3 or just the 2?

18. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

beamng.log is the most recent.
    @GWMan send me a log too if you can. Just post them to the discussion here.
    None of this came up in my testing but I will try to fix it up good. Stupid updates, I thought this terrain was fixed. It will be after the holiday when it's on the repo, but I might be able to provide a private version sometime late this week.

19. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Um bob.blunderton. I sadly do not know how to send a log :(

20. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Simple, either attach the file to a response, or create a direct message to me and upload the file on that with the attach file thingie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice