Released American 80's Fullsize Series 2.1

disguised pre-release test car of a famous car brand.

1. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Would it be possible to upload it in sections? i can imagine this mod being pretty massive megabytes wise.
    I wonder if there will be a beater version of the Caprice say something like this.
    6919802010_71e0dfe9cc_b.jpg

I kind of want to import a american fullsize someday only downside is that it would be a pain in the butt to store or park.

2. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

It will be divided in two parts, the codename as usual in the repo, and the addon, which will be bigger. What's the problem with a big file ? Some maps are huge right ?
    So it can be the same for a very big car mod pack, i don't see the issue.

Little reminder :

The cars have now detachable body from frame, so with this feature the rusty is even more fun and shitty :

• Like Like x 4
  3. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Somehow my internet doesn't like when I download zips or other compressed files over 300-400 MB. It gets to a certain amount then cuts out.

4. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Well this could be an issue. But seeing how many people have problem with two files instead of only one, i can't imagine for a mod divided in three...

Unrelated :

ooops

testing the new sounds on cars. I keep my custom sounds on base anemic engines, Diesel, beater and rusty. All other engine gets the new V8_2 sounds with some volume settings.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Awesome stuff mate! I love to see people who make all of the variants of a particular chassis, not just one
    (only one left to go...;p)
    It's nice to see you using some of Carface's stuff to, he makes amazing models, now they can be in a physics engine worthy of them;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I have to admit, the new engine sounds are growing on me and will certainly be a welcome addition. The sounds on the original oldfullsize were cool
    as hell when they came out so progress is slow but sure! Keeping your custom sounds for the lower "class" variants is a great idea.

7. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it works fine already. I'm fed up with the diesel idle but i will soon be more free to improve my own car so i'll try to record its own sounds.
    But indeed, the custom ones are good for slow and quiet engine. But for custom, big blocks, the new V8_2 sound is just awesome.
    It lacks a loud idle, i can't wait to see how it could be customised.

testing the "deformLimitExpansion" on a basic way on the rusty and "magic car sales" variant and the result is plain awesome for now :

#87 SergentFido, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Shtoorminator

Shtoorminator
    Expand Collapse

Try using Download Master. Back in the day when I had bad internet connection and limited internet traffic it helped me out very much

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

Looks awesome! I completely forgot you your gonna add a wagon. Nice surprise.

10. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

shtoorminator> Nice clue for this download manager, i will add the adivce in the description.

This limo still runs smooth

• Like Like x 5
  11. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

You should show some pictures of the Caprice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Game HOTFIX update :

The game now supports custom sounds for official engines again, so to make it work, devs made the custom sounds overwrite the new sounds.
    As a consequence, having a "sounds" folder and a sbeam file into it makes it impossible to have vanilla sounds on some engines, and custom ones in some other for a same car mod.

This was totally unexpected for me, but i will go on with upgrading the mod instead of keeping it the old way.

The new sounds are so awesome for those cars, that the choice is made now to have them prior to diesel and beater, rusty ones.

I'll have a look in how make a custom sound with the new system, but i can't promise it will be for the next update of the mod. It will be more likely an upgrade.

So please take note that Diesel sounds will be gazoline one for some times.

This is what to deal with when modding a game that is in constant evolution.

#92 SergentFido, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
  13. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

this is looking really good. AFAIK, only the T-series and Barstow have detachable bodies in a crash with the Barstow only being the front subframe. can't wait to race it across Utah and have the body fall off.

14. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Off topic: Pigeon can have the body come off and be left with the frame, even the burnside as well. That's two i can think of off the top of my head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

D-Series, Roamer, H-Series, Grand Marshall

16. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

It can really fall off, it can be separated sometimes but this doesn't happen that easily.
    But it makes heavy crashes more interesting with half separated cars, and so on.
    I tried to make it like the devs but also that i kept the way the cars deform.

17. Cytotoxin

Cytotoxin
    Expand Collapse

"google translate" translate it wrong. i mean " in anticipation of great mod" )

18. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

I had a similar problem, I updated the game and my skyline's sound was missing, now they fixed up after i removed the folder, I'm not very lucky, but now they are back, so I hope that you can make it.
    Also, why did you not use the new sounds from the V8 into your mod as a sbeam?
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh, now makes sense, well now I don't trust anymore in Google translate...

19. The Nowickster

The Nowickster
    Expand Collapse

that trailer looked so freakin' awesome! I can't wait for the offroad cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice