Approval system for mod posts [suggestion]

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Zero, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

There's so many no to low effort threads in the mod section (especially the land section), and it really clutters up.
    Some threads doesn't even have any photos at all..
    I'm not going to list any specific threads as I don't want to put anyone out to public ridicule. Taking a look at even the latest page should be enough to see the state of the subsection.

I'm suggesting that a post can only be made public after it has been approved by a forum moderator.
    The mod should be approved if it doesn't break any rules for the subsection. (Maybe add updated guidelines for mod posts too?) edit: Guidelines has now been updated

The consequences for this is the obvious clutter, and modders who spend actual effort into a mod risk having their post get lost in the many "shit" threads. That's not fair imo.

I fear there may not be manpower to do something like this, but I still feel like it's worth addressing the issue.
    I know I could report the threads, but there's so many at this point that it's a bigger problem.

Interested to hear what everyone else thoughts are about this :)

(hope this section is okay to post forum suggestions in.)

#1 Zero, Jul 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bgrunwald

bgrunwald
    Expand Collapse

I agree completely, it pisses me off seeing posts with no actual work done, just someone saying "I'm going to do this" and it never gets off the ground. People also love posting suggestions and requests there, as well as their no-effort meshlaps. I've completely abandoned that subsection because it's just that bad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice