Are race track have copyright?

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Raider, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Raider

Raider
    Expand Collapse

I mean, you can't put real cars in the mods page because of copyright. Is the real race track have the same problem or is free to use this in mods?

2. TheDiamondLord8

TheDiamondLord8
    Expand Collapse

Some things (advertisements, signs, etc) would be needed to be changed. But it's allowed as far as I'm aware. What racetrack is it?

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If race track right holder has copyright over tracks name, then that is of course same as real car.

What I'm not sure is if layout of the track can be copyrighted, better check those things I guess.

Idea is that any brand that can be used for recognization of certain 'product' can be seen as making use of known name and thus using someone's work and there copyright is strong.

However what is practice then, there is Road Atlanta for example https://www.beamng.com/resources/road-atlanta-lidar-edition.3146/ that is allowed, so maybe it works for other tracks, but you can always send message to synsol to check.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Technically, track layouts are specifically designed with many months of R&D. So I'd imagine technically they could be. That being said, realistically if you changed the name and avoided any copyrighted logos/advertisements, I can't imagine the copyright holders would deliberately hunt down someone for using the same road layout.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice