1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

character in car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by siebeiscool, Mar 19, 2013.

1. siebeiscool

siebeiscool
    Expand Collapse

i was wondering.
    IF there will be an in game character.
    will it be visible in the car?
    not like in rigs of rods where the cars are empty.

i know this will be just another realism addon.
    and im not sure how it will act with the deformation.
    but still, would be cool.

2. Flappyzor

Flappyzor
    Expand Collapse

Well i dont think having a character inside the car would be a good idea since it would most likely result in having the character clip straight though the car if the car was flattend.

Also im pretty sure that there are lots of different threads already asking this question so do a little research before posting :)

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I think there is a ragdoll thread somewhere. I think everyone decided it woeld be pretty hard to do, but if you still want more info you can go there.

4. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

I still retain my previous statement that ragdolls would be awesome, though probably unlikely seeing as they'd be lots of collision issues :(

5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

tumblr_memx9zFwRv1rf1jx6o1_500.jpg That's all I really have to say, dang text limit.

6. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

What?
    Text limit.

7. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

A driver model in vehicles? not a terrible idea. You'd do well to check the other thread on this topic, I believe there was some discussion there that you could read through.

Also, if you need to circumvent the text limit, then what you are trying to say probably isn't worth an entire post to say it. Seriously, what important point could anyone hope to make in less than 10 characters?

8. Zipppy

Zipppy
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering, when would a car be flattened in a crash? Don't get me wrong, but aren't vehicles built to withstand such an accident?

9. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

they are only built for road speeds unless its a racing car, then they are built for racing speeds, but about 300kph sideways into a solid wall should be enough to flatten almost anything.

10. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Look up the Mythbusters video where they pancake a car... Basically they run a sled with a plate on the front into it at a few hundred miles per hour, and when it hits the car, if you look at the slow motion footage, it almost looks as if the car enters a portal. It just disappears when the sled thing hits it.

They also did one where they send a car straight into a V-shaped snowplow at massive speed. The car litterally splits in half to about halfway down the passenger compartment. And the actual sides aren't even that crumpled, it just splits like a bananapeel.

A car is designed to withstand an accident, but it'll never be completely impossible to destroy, obviously. If you run it over with a tank or a heavy truck, a car will be pretty flat, is basically what I'm saying.

I just hope you weren't thinking of GTA IV physics, where they simulate crumple zones by just making the passenger compartment limited in how far it can crumple... It's hilarious really. If you send a bus at 200km/h straight into the side of a car that's parked against a wall, you still can't flatten the side...

#10 Mythbuster, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  11. siebeiscool

siebeiscool
    Expand Collapse

ehhm.
    yes i did my reseach and i did not find anything asking this.
    (mabey im not that good of a searcher)
    but anyway.
    no i was not thinkin of gta phisics.
    because they are crap.

i was thinkin about a loose character.
    like that you can attach it to the seat.
    (think of a seatbelt)
    and then that it (in a realley hard crash) can fly around the car or even throught he windows.

gr. siebe

12. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I found 4 threads related to ragdolling/drivers, but I would still like it. Although, if it's hard to make or something, as in, not worth it, thats ok.

13. KrozMcD

KrozMcD
    Expand Collapse

FlatOut had drivers that would fly out the windscreen in a high speed crash. They also had mini games where the objective was to fling your driver as far as possible, hit a target's bullseye, or knock over bowling pins.

This was great fun, and I played the mini games just as much as the main racing game.

I'm not sure what BeamNG's plans are with having a driver, but something like this would definitely add to the longevity of the game.

14. Flappyzor

Flappyzor
    Expand Collapse

Yes that is true but what if it was a chinese car?

chinese-car-crash_653.jpg

15. siebeiscool

siebeiscool
    Expand Collapse

that means you have a problem.
    XD

well, i just hope they will put a character in car.
    it would be awsome.
    and realistic.

16. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I would like something like a crash test dummy that shows the forces acting on it, etc., and if that was to be made, a character wouldn't be any harder. But we probably won't be seeing it :p

17. siebeiscool

siebeiscool
    Expand Collapse

thats true
    if they can make a dummy.
    they just have to change the textures right?

but i do doubt if they are going to put a character in game.

18. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

yes to both

19. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

If they have a realistic player than they would have to make the game M, because of the violence of a vehicle crash and the body parts ripping off. But a crash-test dummy would work.

20. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

If animations can be set up like I hope they can, to have an animated driver or not would be up to the vehicle creator. I would love to be able to have full control over an animated biped sitting in the cockpit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice