French hatchback from the 90s.

1. notpee

notpee
    Expand Collapse

wait what is dana?

2. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

While I've had my disagreements with the mod author in the past, and yes he could have communicated his decision to make the mod paid earlier yadda yadda, I can only agree with him on this one. Good job kids, you sent a guy death threats over four euros, now how much do you spend monthly on vbucks and do your parents know about it

#902 vmlinuz, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. epke01

epke01
    Expand Collapse

I bought this and am very satisfied! You guys should definitely buy this awesome mod.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Turbo94

Turbo94
    Expand Collapse

Flight simulators and Dovetail Games Train simulators cough… I bought the Cherrier and his Roof accessories and Its the best 5.30€ ever spent :D
    --- Post updated ---
    Wait… Malware? Bruh, flight sims… I’ve got DCS, but thats only for flying a Hercules XD
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes, even better when paying with PayPal.

• Like Like x 2
  5. zenasy

zenasy
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna let my opinion out on here as I've already experienced paid mods in many different games/sims. (mainly Assetto Corsa) Paid mods are completely normal nowadays, and there's nothing inherently wrong with this practice. I've bought a lot of great paid mods in AC (RSS and VRC), and hey you could even say iRacing has already been doing this for a while with selling cars and tracks. From what I've been seeing, the main problem here is the lack of communication. I say that as Lucas has already set a precedent for his mods being free, and for people to expect the Picnic to have been free is no surprise. It's totally fair for him, with his workmanship, to do paid mods, it's just that people weren't given any warning at all. So I can totally understand the outrage of many, but to call these people "Immature 9 year olds" is completely unwarranted. Not everyone is willing to spend their hard earnt dollar...euro...whatever, for what is in reality just a car addon for a video game when they could spend it on more important matters. So it'd be fair that these kinds of people would've been disappointed (and even frustrated) to know that this high grade mod is behind a paywall. At the same time however, to who who sent death threats to Lucas? You should be ashamed! Paid mods are everywhere now, trust me...this is totally normal. To be angry for this simply being a paid mod is a shallow stance, but to those who are angry cause of the lack of warning, I completely sympathize with. So in conclusion, I think this whole situation could've been mitigated if only there was better communication/warning beforehand. It's unfortunate the abuse Lucas is getting for what is a simple oversight.

#905 zenasy, May 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The normalization of paid mods (on OTHER games NOT BEAMNG pls don't get mad at me) makes modder greedier. A notorious example is flight simulation games. These flight sim mods are overpriced, many of them cost $10+ some of them are even $100, much more than the game itself. And guess what, they are low-effort as wall, don't be surprised. Here's a random screenshot
    flightmeshslaps.png
    most of them are less effort than most high-quality BeamNG forum free mod. Scenery mods? These buildings have lower effort than a custom bumper in a BeamNG car. Aircrafts fly very arcade-y yet they cost more than the game they run on. FSUIPC costs about €30 while Arcanox Core is more sophisticated and the latter is free. If you spend money on these flight meshslaps, they may easily cost you more the a gaming laptop.
    Exactly
    Have you read the article in that link? Flightsh1tlabs literally put a Trojan Horse in one of their mods.

#906 default0.0player, May 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. zenasy

zenasy
    Expand Collapse

There will always be paid mods that don't live up to their price tag, I mean there's products out there in general that don't live up to their price! However, there are modders out there that put up high quality work, that are probably even worth more than what they're selling it for. Not every modder that makes paid mods are out there for "greed" and to say that they're greedy is quite frankly shallow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Seawolf9214u8

Seawolf9214u8
    Expand Collapse

Reading through all pages of this thread, and having followed the developement of the car loosely, a lot of this shitstorm could've been avoided if @LucasBE had made it clear from day 1 that this would have been a paid mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I never said every modder is greedy. I was just making comparison to explain the crappiness of flight simulation game mods and the awesomeness of BeamNG.drive forum modding community.

10. zenasy

zenasy
    Expand Collapse

Oh I see, apologies it didn't really come across that way when I read it

11. mattsikung

mattsikung
    Expand Collapse

The only thing i want to correct is that he decided that this would be paid two weaks ago

12. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Back on topic. This is a known minor bug since long time ago. If the engine starter torque is less than current engine friction, the engine will instantly self-destruct(making friction 1*10^30) and "engine locked up" will shown in damage app. For example, if the engine friction is 20Nm and the engine brake torque is 50Nm, the starter torque is "only" 69Nm, the engine will break when after shutting down.
    The actual friction when the engine is loaded is friction + dynamic friction * engine rotation rad/s, when the engine is unloaded, the friction is friction + engineBrakeTorque dynamic friction * engine rotation rad/s. The problem is engine starting. In BeamNG the engine brake torque is taken account during engine start, this is less realistic since when engine is stopped there's no intake vacuum, the manifold pressure should be 1atm regardless of throttle opening.
    The solution is simply increase the starter torque, or reduce the engine brake torque.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

What i don't understand is that CrashHard made his dummy mod paid, and he doesn't get nearly as much hate. Granted it was disclosed from the start, and Lucas already had some hate going on with the DMC, but it's still not logical. Even the American Chopper from TonyCartony was questioned, but not hated, and it was legitimate since he was new and quality wasn't assured.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

did anyone else get like all of their messages on this thread deleted? or is it just me?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it scared me half to death lol

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. SimplePlaner

SimplePlaner
    Expand Collapse

I think all BeamNG.drive mods that are released by third-parties should be free. Making of paid mods by some random kids should be an imprisonable offence, with at least 10 years behind bars. No offence, just my opinion.

17. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Removes 323 posts o_O

I would like to remind you that paid mods or subscriptions like a Patronite/Patreon to support modders are not against our forums rules or modding guidelines.
    As long said modders follow all modding guidelines and have all rights to use models from various websites that offer meshes on different licenses or made everything we have no right to prevent them from being compensated for their hard work.
    There are many mods that are paid in one way or another on our forums or even repository with "demo mods".
    Also modding can be a hobby in your free time but also a kind of part-time job if you want and you are talented. Both ways of making content are good. I think what's nice with modding is the variety and authors creativity. You can download or buy anything you want and modders can go all out with their content. And we should show some kind of respect to talented modders but also to new people that are taking their first steps in the community.
    No one force you to buy them but please keep the thread civilized and on topic.
    We also cannot guarantee the safety of these transactions or the quality of paid mods that authors are selling.

• Agree Agree x 32
    • Like Like x 11
  18. DamienDutch

DamienDutch
    Expand Collapse

upload_2022-5-5_13-57-58.png

I think this is the greatest mod to have ever been

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Rolph

Rolph
    Expand Collapse

Probably the fact that dummy mod and chopper are more niche products and such type of mods normally get less attention than new high quality car mod.
    Second, interest had been building up for this mod from beginning, but somewhere down the line it was decided that this would be a paid mod.
    Third, drama pulls in more people who like to participate in drama.
    Next, many people are interested in keeping mods free and just used this opportunity to show their stance not only by words but also in less than ideal ways.
    Lastly, I think this discussion has reached its potential, people who wanted to learn any lessons from this have had the chance to do so and there is not much more left to be said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Fredr3x

Fredr3x
    Expand Collapse

Just some nice shots I've taken with my lovely Picnic :)
    20220504232448_1.jpg 20220504232440_1.jpg 20220505001119_1.jpg 20220505001121_1.jpg
    Truly is a beautiful mod :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice