Deeper Camera Works & UI Presets

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by KennyWah, Feb 18, 2020.

1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I'd like the option to define the relative camera as an "Interior Camera" in the camera settings for users (like me sometimes) who use it as a static internal camera or otherwise want the UI to treat it like it's in "Driver Cam" when using it as an option.

I'd also like to see the Relative camera get a savable default position on a car by car basis like the driver cam does.

Another thing I'd be excited for is the ability to set UI presets so you can switch your entire UI somewhere or somehow across multiple pre-sets. Allowing people like me to have the option to have a UI specifically for when I'm driving road cars in traffic, or when I want a different UI, maybe less complicated and having things in different spots on the fly for when I'm driving a racecar around a track in Freeroam I can do it easily.

Personally this would greatly improve my time in the game for me. IMHO of course.

Anyway to reduce the need for deep-diving inside any UI anything is a bonus, weather the UI is sluggish or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

I like the UI preset idea, that can be handy, to be able to save different setups of the UI, then load them in when you need them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I recall that It used to be a thing in 2014 when the UI was in it's early stages. However the UI was buggy for other reasons back then.

But the entire point of a good UI design stems from having to use the least of it to achieve the most desired results. Making things easier to do by allowing users to save presets for things, weather it be multi-car spawns they want to load from or UI clusters they have saved.

It would only serve to allow the player to "play" the game more and spend a few less minutes (sometimes potentially as much as 5-10minutes) burried in the UI per every hour of gameplay. It's fine to wait for your preset to load, it takes less time then changing it all manually every time.

Especially on my previously posted subject of car spawning presets. Here ... it could save so much potential time otherwise spent just waiting for every individually manually spawned car to load before drowning in UI once more rather then waiting all at once for everything you want to be done in a single click, allowing you to even.. just... walk away, while loading. That'd be wonderful.
    --- Post updated ---
    ---

The reason why I want more options and tweak ability with the relative camera is because sometimes when driving a racecar I might push the static/relative camera up to the gauges and dash treating my rig as the internals of the car for the best and most enjoyable track driving experience in-game. Imho.

Also.. Please add an add-on boost gauge to the 200BX for added fun.

#3 KennyWah, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice