WIP Beta released ETK800 Hybrid 8.1.0

Full hybrid versions of the ETK800 hatchback car

1. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

I already submitted the update yesterday morning, it takes a while for mods/updates to be approved sometimes

• Like Like x 2
  2. 1tz_Jxsh

1tz_Jxsh
    Expand Collapse

Oh alright

3. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

BeamNGdrive-0210011074-RELEASE-x6412_18_202011_35_55AM.png You forgot to update the differentials

4. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

I did update them; the ETK hybrid update just hasn't been approved yet (not sure why). It's fixed in 7.1.0.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

Arcanox updated ETK800 Hybrid with a new update entry:

Fixes for 0.21

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 2
  6. very epic 69

very epic 69
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Was anything done about the drive modes? I see they are in the car, but is there a difference1 in any of them?

7. Slyo vom Pluto

Slyo vom Pluto
    Expand Collapse

Well, it works :eek:
    The CVTs gear order differing from other cars is a bit irritating, and I can add a non functional hybrid transmission to my k-series, buuut it works :O
    also the race version get's better range over the eco config above 70 km/h which is just comical

8. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

Race config has unrealistically large motors and an unrealistically large battery ;) that car would weigh about 7000 lbs if it was real LMAO

What do you mean the gear order is different? I think the only thing that's different is that it starts in P instead of N; I've never understood why the non-manual transmissions from the stock game start out in N in the first place.

9. AntonSuhinin

AntonSuhinin
    Expand Collapse

upload_2020-12-19_12-14-56.png
    well it still doesn't work

10. Slyo vom Pluto

Slyo vom Pluto
    Expand Collapse

oh well now that you mention it the gears are in the right order oops
    Alas, whey you spawn and shift into the next gear from P, you launch backwards :/
    Race config is magic, got it

11. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

I would recommend disabling other mods until you find the culprit. If you're able to attach a screenshot of the actual error from the game console, I could probably give more direction, but I can't tell what's wrong from the generic "a mod encountered a problem" message there. My set of hybrid mods works in my own game with minimal other mods installed, so chances are there is another mod that is breaking your game, not mine.

I've never seen the race config launch backwards before; I just tested it out before releasing 7.1.0. Do you have any other mods installed that might affect the ETK, or is there a chance your controller might be giving a slight throttle input?

12. Slyo vom Pluto

Slyo vom Pluto
    Expand Collapse

Ooh no I didn't mean it like that!
    The gears work like they're supposed to, it's just that in other vehicles when you spawn you shift from N into D so it feels more arcade'y than going through P-R-N
    So out of habit I only shift up once, which in your vehicles is reverse (>人<)

13. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

When the engine is turned of and you are in d and hit the accelerator, it creeps forward, is this intended?

14. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

By "engine turned off" do you mean the car is on and the engine is off, or do you mean the entire car is off? Is the RPM needle at "Ready" or at "Off"? If the former, yes, that's typical for hybrids. If it's the latter, maybe the car is on an incline?

EDIT: I was able to reproduce what I think you're describing; it seems the "power off" power overrides aren't working. I should have this fixed in the next update.

#254 Arcanox, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  15. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Great!

16. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

the front differential does not have a final drive slot so you just have to guess what to use in the rear so it doesn't understeer like crazy

17. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

The AWD system on a hybrid works entirely differently from a normal AWD system; the front and rear axles are completely disconnected from each other in a physical sense. The "final drive" in a hybrid transaxle is really just an idler gear between the differential and the rest of the transaxle (two parts: the drive motor, and the planetary split device). The rear axle is just a motor on a differential; there's no final drive there. The actual wheel torque is split electronically between the front and rear axles by the hybrid controller; in my BeamNG mod this is admittedly a very dumb and simple split curve, but in a real hybrid vehicle it's calculated on-the-fly by the traction control system.

I have it on my to-do list to make some extra values configurable; I could probably make the front-rear split bias configurable so that you could tune how the hybrid system balances torque between the front and rear axles.

• Like Like x 1
  18. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

BeamNGdrive-0211011095-RELEASE-x6412_20_202010_30_17PM.png
    Sorry to say, but your powertrain logic is as dumb as

In order to make use of the new ESC logic, you'll need this code to make the EDL(electronic differential lock, braking the faster wheel to slowdown to the slower wheelspeed)
    Code:
        "controller": [
            ["fileName"],
            ["drivingDynamics/actuators/electronicDiffLock" {"name":"lockFront", "differentialName":"differential_F"}]
        ],
    Code from etk800's differential jbeam

#258 default0.0player, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  19. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

Toyota's system doesn't have any way of locking either differential, but I think it's limited slip and I'm using open, so I may be able to change that to get better traction. I need to figure out how the new driving dynamics stuff actually works in Beam; it doesn't seem to cut throttle any more during wheelslip and doesn't seem to use the vehicle's brakes to help stop slipping wheels like I'd expect a TC system to do.

20. ItsTheLittleAcura!

ItsTheLittleAcura!
    Expand Collapse

I know you drove an '05 Highlander Hybrid before your Volt. That vehicle had a pretty cool cooperative stability control system that is very similar to how the driving and safety electronics now work in BeamNG, but smarter. Here's a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Dynamics_Integrated_Management.
    Essentially all the systems related to how the vehicle drove were combined into one, including presumably the eAWD torque bias. If a wheel spun (or was going to spin) the system could direct power to the rear via MGR and simultaneously reducing MG2 output. The system could also act to improve vehicle stability by directing torque to the rear during cornering (and likely applying nudges of braking to the inner rear wheel when understeer was likely).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice