1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Forum changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Oct 12, 2015.

1. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Is this the appropriate place to make a forum suggestion, or should I post over in the "Ideas and Suggestions" subforum?

I'm suggesting that a "Solved" project status / prefix option be added for forum threads. I think that would be worthwhile for the "Content Creation" and "Questions and Support" subforums at least.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Car crusher

Car crusher
    Expand Collapse

I know that I'm a bit late, having been away for quite a while. Before I read that v bulletin is loosing support, (please don't mine my lack of knowledge of web development and e.t.c) put yourself into the shoes of your average user, logging on to the forums, can you notice the lack of support? Most likely. No. Anyway I will arrange my rant more systematically.

Pros: more features. Cons: impractical, boring to look at, difficult to navigate, headache inducing, invalid links, impossible to attach file on mobile. Now I will go on to explain further, I think as a regular user practicality is of utmost importance, xen foro is exceedingly impractical, take for example a small thing; I have to click the forums bar twice to enter. While this a small change and could well introduce new features, it's impractical. Sure the new forum functions are pretty cool. But I for one would sure prefer practicality over the ability to update status or find out a users latest activity. Most of these functions are useless to us regular users, and to top it off we've had to sacrifice countless functions, some as simple as the "dev blog". I've had to convince myself to write this rant because this forum is now a headache to; view, navigate and use for mobile. The forum animations are jittery on mobile: the navigation bar seems to have a seizure upon scrolling up to it, mobile performance isn't too good either.

In culmination I would 200% recommend "downgrading" to v bulletin. Devs just look at all this feedback, look at the stroll poll. Try to take it into account.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You will get used.
    Was pretty much of a similar idea at first, but now I find it much faster to use than VBulletin, especially on mobile.

That poll is influenced by the fact that people were still used to this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

This.

I disliked it at first but after a while i got used to it, somethings like userposts and threads are quite hard to find and navigate through. But otherwise i find it quite nice and intuative.

5. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

I can upload files from mobile just fine, I don't have to press anything twice and nothing is jittery or having a seizure. I'm pretty sure it's your phone, not the site.

6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

It just annoys me that there is no more devblog or ability to see who's reading your thread (important when you're deciding whether to keep refreshing or go do something else).

• Like Like x 1
  7. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

The devblog is on the list in the OP of this thread...

8. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

No, I think he meant that you can't currently access the Devblog. It still redirects you to the Main Page: http://www.beamng.com/blogs/

9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Right. The dev blog is on the list of things which they already plan to fix, and the list is in the OP... the devs realize that it doesn't work and it's on their list of stuff to fix.

10. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

i updated the first post, and yes, devblog is still under work :(

11. TheG569amer

TheG569amer
    Expand Collapse

i love this game

12. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations, and on topic, the new forum has really grown on me, and has received the much needed update.

13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I am not trying to be a pest but it's been awhile since we've heard anything about
    the 250MB mod file size limit, how's that going? Thoughts on possible new schemes
    to make it work?-Thanks.

14. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

With this limit I forget my map Altitude, it's impossible to get this size... :/

15. rvesssimon

rvesssimon
    Expand Collapse

why do I have to delet game crash ervey time to start game since larst update poffed

16. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me?

17. Firepower

Firepower
    Expand Collapse

I think he meant cache, but I'm not sure :p

18. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

which limit? ingame? with the repo?

19. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

No Aboroath says about the forum's inability to accommodate files greater than a certain size for upload (Sorry I don't know if my sentence have a meaning in english):p

#519 DoullPepper, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  20. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the file/zip size limit of the repo (250MB).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice