Fufsmobile vehicles (updated 11th September)

Discussion in 'Automation' started by fufsgfen, Jul 14, 2018.

1. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Could you so kindly post the automation save file for the c series? I may do a Brabus style restyle of it.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I see .car file in each zip, I think automation exports .car file to these BeamNG mod zip files, but if that does not work, please yell at me and I add it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Ok, sounds good!

4. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Back in 1990, a small German car company, Wolfsburg, was struggling. They needed a new model, and the Fufsmobile C-Series was going out of production soon. In it's day, it was a great seller, so they decided to purchase the tooling and intellectual property from Fufsmobile for a hefty 300 million Marks. They decided to modify the styling a tad, drop in a 2.6l i6, add sporty styling and suspension, and put it on the market for 50,000 automation dollars. This was the result.

Sorry that the pics are in 1080x3840, thats just the res I play at.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Gear changes are kinda harsh, that makes a trouble when cornering, maybe I put something else than DCT to that.

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

This is very much of WIP, but it does offroad somewhat ok.
    upload_2018-7-22_10-38-25.png
    2.5l flat 4 turbo with 158hp
    8spd auto
    4x4 with manual lockers
    Around 1600kg

Kinda want to have bit more lift, but not sure. There are slight edits, like manual mode and some suspension tweaking in jbeam.

To ride off road, remove swaybars and set tire pressure to 6-8psi, that is correct, pressure to such low and it should work quite well.

Attached Files:

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm not good at making videos, but I did try to show some features of 53 Turbo, anyway it is free, so maybe you just test the car yourself :p

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did put new car to repo https://www.beamng.com/resources/fufsmobile-phantom-r.4815/

Well, that is actually old car, 3rd I made in Automation I believe, but it has been modified quite bit, for example there is no engine mesh as it was causing too much lag, also transmission and suspension edits as I was not quite satisfied how it was straight out of exporter.

I like it with a wheel, but with a game pad there is not enough subtleness in controls, so I end up into fence so often, but with a wheel it is quite lot of fun to keep it at limit of grip.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. iwabi

iwabi
    Expand Collapse

Download?

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Click provided link for download.

11. iwabi

iwabi
    Expand Collapse

xD I didn't see! Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is her beautiful curves that you were staring! Have fun :D

13. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

Looks good!

• Like Like x 1
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Weird pointless car
    upload_2018-8-4_18-33-3.png upload_2018-8-4_18-33-54.png
    It is not very fast, it has front engine, normal RWD, but from reasons I don't quite understand, weight distribution is like it would have a rear engine, so it drives like a rear engine car.

I wanted to make something like Smart, but different and also something that would be city car from same family as Chic supercar is, but not sure if it is bit too radical design.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

ARGHHHHHHHHH MY EYES

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yes, it is a 'bit' radical design.

As I noticed that weight distribution is very much opposite in that model, I made lot more opposite choices, instead of chrome bumpers, chrome body, front lights are actually tail lights and vice versa, completely in line of freakish supercar theme of Chic line.

Just wait until Vogue pics this up :D :D :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Van time, bit influenced by Asian utility vehicle tuning culture.
    upload_2018-8-5_11-58-13.png upload_2018-8-5_11-59-35.png upload_2018-8-5_11-58-50.png upload_2018-8-5_11-59-17.png
    Yellow one can pull a trailer, in a way... Over 500hp V16
    Green one can hold a drift, in a way... Over 130hp Flat 6

No turbo, can't even rev 6000rpm and has only 132hp, yet most fun thing to drive, especially with a gamepad.
    Maybe I make two steering options, one optimized for gamepad and another for steering wheels.

Sadly I have not gotten around to put tow hook mesh to yellow one, not sure if I get around as I doubt it being very much wanted vehicle anyway, way too extreme in probably every possible way, way too much power.

Update: Also it would be nice if paint would work like in AM, but sadly it is not:
    upload_2018-8-5_21-16-51.png
    Some new lights added, but need to do bit of material stuff to get them lit way I want, might need to do bit more work on actual illumination too, exporter is not really good with that.
    upload_2018-8-5_21-23-5.png upload_2018-8-5_21-23-32.png

Attached Files:

#37 fufsgfen, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  18. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

It just needs some cute but fake 12 inch BBSs

• Like Like x 1
  19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There would be these cute Ronal wheels, which kind of scream to be added to some van, but doubt anyone will make these on Beam and especially free to use for everyone item:
    upload_2018-8-5_17-15-55.png

IRL bear does not look so sad, because that seam of center cap is not usually so visible like in photo.

It is kinda funny that 130hp green one is much more fun to drift than monster engine yellow van, but I think fun is in balance of power and grip more than in extreme power. Of course suspension tune as well as tire size has quite bit to do with that.

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I put this to repo, but you can have it here early if you want to have some old school fun, feedback welcome...

upload_2018-9-11_18-52-58.png upload_2018-9-11_18-53-24.png
    It looks like a grandpa car, but they say it takes a real rally driver with Scandinavian blood in veins to tame it.

Short wheelbase = nimble or snappy, depends how you look at it :)

Ok, car is now available here, so I hope you have fun!
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/fufsmobile-compact-l-1982-rwd.5748/

#40 fufsgfen, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice