1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril D15

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Aug 6, 2012.

1. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Another thing to add to my wishlist:
    Proper textures for all D-Series frames, diffs etc.

Current D-Series frame:
    20191219161054_1.jpg 20191219161115_1.jpg

Current Hopper frame: (D-Series frame should match or exceed this level of quality)
    20191219160943_1.jpg 20191219161007_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

I am now starting to want a d-series on a truck frame thanks to doug demuro for commercial use like the F-650 and F-750 with a optional fifth wheel or dump bed I know it might not happen but it would be cool

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

This is close to what you want.

4. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know but I want it to be fixed with the reworked d series

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Any chance that one of you talented modders could perhaps make one of these down the road...? :rolleyes:
    Ice_Cream_Truck.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Monkeyswetz

Monkeyswetz
    Expand Collapse

I like the short frame, we finally have a full Blazer/Bronco style suv in beamng.drive.

#586 Monkeyswetz, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I like it too but we need some stock configs and and rear removable roof

8. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

The short frame/integrated body is a very early WIP, and the devs have confirmed that both of those things are coming in a later update.

#588 austen64, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  9. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

That is great to hear, thanks for informing me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 16PiXel-Dude

16PiXel-Dude
    Expand Collapse

Need some help the last update mess with my gauges
    upload_2020-1-5_7-18-29.png

11. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

1. Clear cache
    2. Run in safe mode

• Like Like x 2
  12. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Was looking back at the old dev thread & noticed this.
    Long shot but a pre-facelift D-Series fascia would be pretty cool, much like was added to the Moonhawk.
    Untitled3.png

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I am pleasantly surprised how many people want a pre-facelift D-Series. IMO those 1980's trucks look great. Hopefully the vehicle selector will be updated soon to make high config number vehicles feasible. Haven't had any news of the new UI in a long time...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I don't get Gavril as a brand. Like, at all.

They're basically the American Lancia when it comes to their trucks/vans, vehicles which (especially in the '80s/'90s) were not even trying to be advanced as the Big 3 focused all their money on their compacts and midsizers. No one would want to try and stick 6-speed automatics or SOHC engines in their trucks/vans in the late-eighties, when those are supposed to appeal to fleet buyers - the most conservative of all buyers.

But their sedans? Vehicles which could reasonably be more advanced than their competition? They're basically right in step with the era in mechanicals and styling, bar a few minor details like the Burnside's grille. I don't get this wack system - why would you want to have your '80s/'90s trucks be super-advanced, while your sedans of the same era are all basic and whatnot? Wouldn't you want to have your '90s sedans be advanced and your '90s trucks basic?

Just swap out that 6-speed auto from the D35s/H25s/H45s with a 4-speed auto and (almost) everything would be fine.

15. CarCrasher283

CarCrasher283
    Expand Collapse

Well, I mean, they're still mainly fictional vehicles. And in BeamNG world, 80s vans have six speed autos I guess. And the Grand Marshall was advanced like the trucks, the RoadSport comes with a supercharger. I don't recall any crown vics coming with superchargers.

16. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

No production ones did. To my knowledge only the Marauder concept had one.

17. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

??? the H-series is from 95'-01'. And Ford used a 6 speed on there 4th gen Econoline vans.
    The RoadSport is supposed to be the "ultra sporty, only useful in a strait line" car. If it didn't have one it would just be the Sport with a look package and some upgraded breaks (winch would not be very fun)
    To go with the transmission argument, the 6 speed is a heavy duty transmission. It has lower gears for towing. It would make absolute no sense for Gavril to put a 6 speed used for heavy applications on their 4 door fullsize sedan.

Beam would be boring as fuck if all they did was copy pasted stuff form wiki pages. I like they put there own twist on vehicles and make them unique from real ones but still fallowing things for the sake of realism.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. CarCrasher283

CarCrasher283
    Expand Collapse

Ah okay, I just assumed the H-series was from the 80s. I forgot that those vans looked older than they are.
    Yes, but I was trying to make a point that the Grand Marshall is as advanced as the trucks.
    I agree, if they followed the wiki all the time, Hirochi would not exist lol.

19. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Something like:

? :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

What I was trying to say was: if Gavril's trucks are so advanced...why aren't their sedans/coupes? I'd actually be quite interested in seeing how Gavril becomes the American Lancia. It's just that...the sedans/coupes are basically "Wiki-built" vehicles (save for things like the Barstow TrackSport's 5-speed and the GM RoadSport's supercharger, but the latter isn't really that big of a deal to me), while the trucks/vans are doing their own thing and being futuristic.

If they want to start putting more advanced stuff in the Gavrils, then that's fine with me - but their sedans/coupes could also be brought up to more advanced standards. For instance, that Barstow 5-speed could be applied to more than just the TrackSport (the Kingsnake, Lancehead, and even some of the RoadSports could receive it) to properly establish Gavril's lead on the Big 3 as early as the 1970s. Why, it could even receive single-point EFI 10 years early earlier than almost any American vehicle (the VW 1600 got really basic EFI as early as '67, so it's not that impossible) to further establish Gavril as this futuristic brand that basically built spaceships. Not sure what to do with the sedans, though.

Yes, I know, I'm sort of back-tracking what I said earlier, but I could not properly establish my point then. I'm sorry for the confusion that my first post wrought; I don't even know what I was trying to say.

#600 DriftinCovet1987, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice