General discussion

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Car crusher, Apr 4, 2014.

1. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

The newer ones are made as background music for that indie game I'm lead music designer for, that might explain the mix progression. They aren't really designed to go anywhere, they're designed to be played on repeat and looped. Now, the older one was designed to go somewhere... For a reason that I can't remember.

The newer one fall under the genre I've dubbed "Light TechnoDub", as they sample from techno and, in the second piece more prominently, dubstep.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

ah, that makes sense. good luck on your project :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

All three tracks sounded pretty good to me. I'm curious, what kind of software/tools/devices are you using to make this music?

4. Quotation

Quotation
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like FL studio plugins, from my knowledge of using them, but I could be wrong.

5. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

(Assuming that you are fairly new to music creation, if not feel free to ignore this)
    I cant tell you what he used specifically but there is tonnes of audio software, Its not like photography where adobe basically runs the show.
    So you generally have the main bit of software which is often referred to as daw (digital audio workstation) software, this will have the majority of what you need built in. But then there are also plugins that can expand upon your software, the most popular plugin format is vst.
    The majority of the software is paid but most daw software has a free version that is more limited.

Free daw's exist but they are generally not as fancy or as easy to use as the paid ones.

6. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

That moment when some certain things that have been relatively fine until someone else comes and basically screws it up so much, it causes a rift in the space time continuum(figuratively but not really) and causes a total clusterf*** with other people arguing that this is that, and that is something else.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

my best friends ex boyfriend then?

8. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

Eh, somewhat, but not in that way. It's more trivial looking at it, and well, just stupid mostly, but annoying nonetheless. So, what happened was, there's these two cars, Station wagons to be precise, but these two aren't Real Life cars, but more accurately a fusion of 1-3 cars mixed together in a rather popular "violent" video game, if you see where this is going, and think that it's just really pointless in getting annoyed at something so trivial, yeah.

Anyway, these two cars have been in a previous game of the same title, and in the past, people have been arguing that these two cars looked like two cars, including one that doesn't even exist as an actual model that was built and sold by a manufacturer, let alone existing purely as a custom build of sorts, with the other car being sold in such a way that alot of countries doesn't receive this car, let alone relying on importation. So as some people had argued that these two cars looked like the aforementioned cars, which they do, but factoring in the fictional manufacturer basing on a totally different real life manufacturer, including the game's setting, and some other nonsensical shtick, It doesn't work.

Long story short, one side has people saying these two cars looked like cars that aren't even sold in the US, the other side has people saying they don't look like it, and say they resembled cars that DID sell in the US, and is more probable in encountering on the roads. But yeah, I'm sorry if I've wasted your time with this rambling nonsense, it's just that it's annoyed me to the point that I'm saying "why" right now.

Edit: And on top of that, my friends are having a huge fight/brawl over Fallout 4, oh joy.

#21768 NismoR35, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

So, uhm. The roof in my bedroom creaks whenever the wind blows any more than an average amount, this is in a 4 story apartment block (5 floors: ground,1,2,3,4) with me being on the 2nd story. The roof also creaks if i touch the ceiling in my room even with fairly small amounts of pressure applied.
    Is that a problem?

Recently i have had to use sellotape to seal up my bedroom window to make it weatherproof since it doesn't seal properly. Apparently it may take weeks before they can get someone in to fix the window since they only call people in when multiple rooms are having issues.

10. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

http://thegamesdb.net/game/24218/

so, was messing around with a program called launchbox, imported my steam games, and it imported an old fan-made front box picture

that was made by me

so that was interesting to see, i kind of forgot about that box-art

11. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I wonder, not that I hope there is, but I wonder if anyone has made BeamNG fan-fiction yet.

I'm fucked up, I tell you.

12. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

like two cars getting it on fanfiction? or not that bad?

13. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

If I'm completely honest, I don't know.

Probably not that bad.

14. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Thank god BeamNG doesnt have anything akin to ROR-Bot at the moment then :p

15. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

In a really roundabout way, the Realistic Crashes and Car Restoration Stories threads are all about making up stories in the BeamNG universe with its 'characters' [cars]. That's a fan fiction in theory, whether or not it's strictly sexual.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Yep I'm new to any of this stuff. Coincidentally, I just learned what DAW's and VST means yesterday.

I'm interested though. I got Reaper and a free arpeggiator plugin, which I managed to get working. I just need to know how to get a MIDI controller working on Reaper. It seemed to detect it, but I couldn't figure out how to use it. Or maybe it was connected, but I just couldn't figure out how to play something.

I just realized as I'm typing this, I had mixcraft 7 this whole time, and I understand it far better than Reaper, so as soon as I figure out how to get that arp working I can hopefully play around. All I want is an arpeggiator for my simple Casio keyboard for now...

Does anyone know any websites that can inform me more about similar things? I'd be interested at looking at some.

17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

There are some good free plugins on this list: http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2014/12/29/free-vst-plugins-2014/

There are some really good youtube channels. Point blank and DubSpot both have youtube channels that have tutorials and a few other things that may be really useful for you. There are also other channels that do more review type things such as sonicstate which also has a weekly podcast for music tech news.

Paid services such as lynda also have many tutorials for many different DAW's as well. So they may be a good option.

Personally I only have experience in Ableton, SunVox and ProTools as well as some knowledge about Logic Pro.

#21777 aljowen, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  18. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...y_mullen_pay_for_always_be_a_one_percent.html
    There are so many things that aren't well-thought out about the one million student march that I can't say them in a single post.
    The main thing is that so many people now think that they're entitled to everything, paid by ordinary, tax-paying citizens who are already paying for Medicare, Food Stamps, etc. College is for those who want higher education. And if you want to go to college, you should be smart enough to figure out how to make ends meet - instead of buying a new, or expensive used car, go for a cheaper one, etc.
    And if these students want to tax the 1 percent a 90-100% tax, what is their incentive to work? They are just going to leave the country, taking their money with them.
    If this is too political for the forum, I can delete this post.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

So my parents have decided that they are taking me car shopping tomorrow after I almost bought a Volvo 480.. Hear comes a crappy hatchback out of my own money..

20. Koenigsegg

Koenigsegg
    Expand Collapse

its friday the 13th oh no

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice