1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Is there a simple way to assign sound mods (engine sounds) to different vehicles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warhammer, Jan 19, 2019.

1. warhammer

warhammer
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I appreciate any help y'all can provide in advance.

I have found, in my opinion, one of the best V8 sound mods in the game. It is located here:

https://www.beamng.com/threads/67-camaro-v8-sound-for-gavril-vendetta.54432/

The problem is, it looks like it only works with one car, and one motor (Gavril Vendetta).

Is there a simple way that I can apply this V8 sound to other vehicles of my choosing within BeamNG?

I appreciate your time, thank you!

2. kec

kec
    Expand Collapse

This is (probably) the easiest way, but it only works for sounds that use the new sound system(luckily this mod is one of them):
    Download and install the sound mod that you want to use.
    go to Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods
    open the mod's zip file
    go to vehicles\[name of the vehicle the mod is for]
    there should be a jbeam file with engine in its name
    scroll down until you find a section called soundconfig
    copy the entire soundonfig section
    tmp0.png
    go to [game directory]\content\vehicles
    this folder contains all stock vehicles,
    find the zip file with the vehicle you want to use the sound for(note - some vehicles don't use their in-game name, i.e. the grand marshall's zip file is named fullsize, the covet's hatch etc.)
    inside the zip file go to vehicles\[vehicle name]
    find a jbeam file with engine in its name and extract it into documents\BeamNG.drive\vehicles\[vehiclename] - the game will now automatically load this file instead of the one in the zip.(note - engine files for the d-series,roamer and modern etks are in the common zip file)(note2 - some vehicles have more than one engine jbeam file, if that is the case, find which file contains the engine you want to modify)
    tmp1.png
    open the extracted jbeam file
    most vehicles have more than one engine so search (inside the jbeam file) for the in-game name of the engine
    after you find the engine, scroll down until you find the soundconfig section and replace it with the one you copied earlier
    tmp2.png tmp3.png
    save the file and close everything else without saving changes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice