1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a realistic Offroad and Alpine map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _Archer_, Nov 5, 2017.

1. _Archer_

_Archer_
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

Let me introduce myself first. I'm relatively new to BeamNG and I stumbled upon it by accident while looking for a car game that offers realistic roads and cars with the opportunity to roam freely around and drive offroad if I like. Test Drive Unlimited 2 had been my favourite so far, but now I've finally found something much much better. :)

So far I've tried several great maps and found a lot that I like. However there are two things that I'm still looking for:
    1. a realistic Alpine map with narrow curving roads hugging the mountainside with sheer drops on the other, and with some well designed switchbacks. Altitude 1.5 is stunningly beautiful but many parts are simply too arcadish, while Beam Mountain's roads are often too steep and also sometimes a little too straight. Glass View Mountain is perfect when it comes to curvyness but it looks kind a unfinished without guardrails etc. (and it's very hard on the framerate)

2. an offroad scenario that offers everything from muddy patches to rocky parts (like Ararat), deep forest and mountain paths (like Jungle Rock Island) to flowing rivers where you have to find the perfect path through without going under.

My preference is realism, and while I love some of the unrealistic maps (like Deep Earth or Insane Testing) it would be great to have some real life scenarios like I described above. I know I'm asking for much but maybe someone can point me in the right direction though :)

Thanks very much
    Best regards
    Archer

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

mt shell by Nadeox1 is pretty good as far as roads go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

I don’t have a lot of off-road base like maps since I drive on concrete roads on beamng, it I just go to testing maps and crash cars to make me happy when I’m mad/sad

When I can’t find a map that I’m looking for (im looking for a garage map rn) I go to mods, then on the left, i will see (and you) “Terrains, Levels, Maps” in gray text on the somewhat far left of your screen where mods are. Or of corse, you can just search up a map that you are looking for :)

But I don’t know a lot of off-roading maps, one fun one I did have some fun with is Rally Moutain. Since I’m on my phone right now, I can’t provide a link, seems like your going to have to search it up yourself :(

Hope this helped!

workclock1

4. _Archer_

_Archer_
    Expand Collapse

Thanks CaptainZoll and WorkClock1.

Though, I'm afraid that's not really what I'm looking for. Those tracks aren't too realistic. They are too steep, the bump are too big - practically jumps (and often right before a tight corner). In reality it would be suicidal to drive a road like that fast. Beam Mountain 2 is a good step in the right direction.

In case anyone of you owns Assetto Corsa: the Trento/Monte Bondone hill climb is excellent. An open map that looks like that would be absolutely brilliant :)

Anyone know a map with a good offroad trail with rocks, mud, and crossing streams and rivers? I've downloaded many maps but so far haven't found each of those, but not in one map.

BTW Yes: I know I'm difficult - II drive mountain passes as a hobby, so I'm looking for something to keep me going through the winter when most of them are closed. :)

I said above that I loved Altitude 1.5 because of it's beauty and because it looks like the real thing. The areas around the spawn points "CliffRoad" and "Forest" are very very very close to the real thing. Most of the rest unfortunately isn't so much.

Just to give you a few examples

Attached Files:

• DSC_3296RAW.jpg
    • DSC_3001RAW.jpg
    • DSC_3249RAW.jpg
    • DSC_5433PAN.jpg
    • DSC_5364RAW.jpg
    • DSC_8810.jpg
    • DSC_9780RAW.jpg
    #4 _Archer_, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  5. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

Cliff Roads is a great Alpine and twisty road map. There are also many areas for four-wheeling.

6. _Archer_

_Archer_
    Expand Collapse

That's true Cory 5503. I liked cliff roads too. It's comparatively fast though. Many straights and fast curves. The mountain sections are fun too. A few small rivers and streams, a waterfall and some muddy patches are still missing though.

#6 _Archer_, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. _Archer_

_Archer_
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice