WIP Beta released Modern and Experimental T-Series (contributions are appreciated)

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by AM-DB9, Jan 7, 2017.

1. RustyRenesis

RustyRenesis
    Expand Collapse

By the way, would like something along these lines
    Alright.
    I'll see what i can do.

2. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Bumped for new version in 1st post. ENJOY!

3. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  4. RustyRenesis

RustyRenesis
    Expand Collapse

I believe the sounds are done, BUT, i haven't fine tuned them enough for release because the devs haven't fixed the damn Sound Grouping (allows me to group specific sounds to specific engines).
    I'll send them here when they're done.

5. RoyalAce2000

RoyalAce2000
    Expand Collapse

Um Kind of off Topic, but do you think you could do a flat nosed T-series, I would but I absolutely suck at Blender and JBEAMing.

6. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

This is awesome news :) Huge thanks Rusty. Let's hope the devs come up with a solution quick, because having sounds based on cars rather than single engines is weird.

While I have some skills with 3D CAD, I'm nowhere good enough to make a decent Beam vehicle. I'd ask @ThreeDTech21 (because he made the flat nose Blue Bird Bus) or @mike94 (he overhauled the Pigeon to the outstanding Dove, reworking all the interiors and and a lot of other things) if they are interested.

7. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

8. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Bumped for new version in 1st post.

0.9.0.5 compatibility and transmission tweaks. Next step would be adding a turbo to the Volvo engines without messing with the torque curves, if somebody can point me to an howto/handy excel file.

ENJOY!

9. Canuto

Canuto
    Expand Collapse

Thanks man:D

10. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Rebumped for new version in 1st post.

fuel tank for older mods and experimental turbo Volvo engines!

My pleasure :)

ENJOY!

11. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Bumped for new version in 1st post.

Better D16K750 turbo config, new D16K550 turbo config (Customizeable Engines mod versions)

ENJOY!

12. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

New version in 1st post :)

1st post has been revamped

Steering
    with better turn radius. Primarily made for the Extended Frame provided in the Gavril T-Series Addon, can be used with any config.
    Offroad InterAxles (standard and Extended frame) that won't shatter due to extreme movement offroading with the Very Lifted Springs and Airbags.
    Fifth Wheel for the Extended Frame provided in the Gavril T-Series Addon

ENJOY!

13. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Nope this mod will not die and is thus bumped for ye olde new version in 1st post

Quickfixed for 0.10:
    - New semi sound (except Customizeable Engine versions, it's up to that mod to update its own sounds)
    - Better I-Shift logic
    - Original (non CE) D16K750 with Turbo has been greatly overhauled
    - Buggy and problematic features have been commented out from this new version. You can reenable them removing the comment markers (or keeping your old version of this mod)

^ ^ ^ DOWNLOAD THE "CLEAN" version to get these features! ^ ^ ^
    You can only run one version of this mod at any given time. Disable or delete modernsemi.zip if you wish to use modernsemiCLEAN.zip

ENJOY!

14. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

A very crude copypaste/frankenstein of some other people's work is not redistributable, but yields the result:

screenshot_00066.png screenshot_00067.png
    screenshot_00068.png screenshot_00069.png

Thanks to @Kona61 for the PMs and the code. This may be released if Kona goes through the code and cleans it /adapts it better.
    For the time being I'm quite proud I figured out how to rearrange the code lines :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

New version in 1st post

+++ NOW FULLY WORKING AIO ELECTRIC DRIVETRAIN +++

See Chapter 3 and 4 of the guide in first post. TL;DR : One forward gear and one reverse gear. Each engine is coupled to its axle/wheel with a rangebox. Click all the rangeboxes to go forward or backwards. Speedo and Revmeter will not work. CHECK SPINDLES IF NOTHING MOVES.

This was necessary because there's no way to control multiple trasmissions in game ATM.

New preset (look at the drivetrain app):
    IndividualElectrics.png 6eng.jpg

16. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Bumped for new version of ModernSemiCLEAN in 1st post.

Added more power options to the multiple electric engines setup (100, 200 and 400HP units).
    You can now go from a single 100HP engine to a 6x400HP setup.

Happy rollin'

17. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

It really does not look that modern, it just looks the same with some updated

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Lua:
    local M = {}
    M.type = "auxilliary"
    M.relevantDevice = "transfercase"

local function toggleRange()
    powertrain.toggleDeviceMode("splitterBox")
    end

Input actions:
    "toggle_splitter" :{"order": 1, "onDown":"splitterControl.toggleRange()", "title": "Toggle Splitter", "desc": "Splitter box control toggle Low/High" },

You give all your boxes unique names and you can call them via lua directly, just add all boxes to lua above like this:
    powertrain.toggleDeviceMode("splitterBox1")
    powertrain.toggleDeviceMode("splitterBox2")
    powertrain.toggleDeviceMode("splitterBox3")

Your lua file goes to lua folder inside your mod folder and input controls.

Simple example of splitter range box is attached, it might not work directly as it is part of my mod, but you should be able to figure out how to adapt that to your mod.

That way you can control as many boxes as you want and have it even controllable by gamepad or wheel.

Attached Files:

19. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Well yes, it's modern in the contents, there's no difference mesh-wise and texture-wise to the stock T-series.
    When this mod first came out, the semi had no ABS and no automatic transmission, let alone an electric powertrain (I beat Tesla to the market wooh!).

This is more of a technology sandbox than a real modern semi, but the original was called modernsemi.zip and the name stuck. Pretend it's the Kenworth W900, a modern truck in an old-fashioned dress (that's so much more elegant than "aero" design IMO).

Thanks fufsgfen, I'll take a good look at it and see what I can learn. ATM I'm the John Snow in the Game of .lua
    It's good to get some real insight and help from venerable forum members :) Thanks again

20. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Oh so its more of a modern, but with a look of the old one thing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice