WIP Beta released Modern and Experimental T-Series (contributions are appreciated)

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by AM-DB9, Jan 7, 2017.

1. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but calling the thread "Modern, but with a look of the old one thing, and Experimental T-Series (contributions are appreciated)" was not going to be very helpful. :)
    The 1st post contains all the details: all the changes from the original are in the code, not in the visuals. Some excellent mods that add visual and modeled stuff are linked there too.

It's not plainly stated like this though

2. Divepunk

Divepunk
    Expand Collapse

The one thing your mod is really missing,(maybe you just have yet to address it, or I'm somehow REALLY overlooking it)is an out of the way fuel tank. There's power to all wheels, raised suspention but it is to no avail when the fuel tank(s) that sit(s) around 2 feet or so beneath the framerail get(s) ruptured or busted off. and your left quickly running out of fuel and going nowhere fast. Oh and not to mention hindered ground clearance reguardless.

It's the one issue I have with my offroad rig. the fuel tank(s) just so exposed. I have no idea how many times my fuel tank has just burst into flames seemingly randomly whilst offroading lol(prompting me to go into the radial menu to extinguish).

Now I hope I'm not to late in posting my suggestion to this. I'd really like to see an offroad/combat tank or whatever up behind the cab attop the framerails big enough to hold fuel for a relatively long haul but small enough to stay safe(save for extreme damage to the vehicle), and not so big as to disallow trailer compatibility. Maybe have different sizes and positions along the frame so players can tailor the tank depending on cab/sleeper and or trailer combinations.

Honestly though I'd be quite happy, as small as it is, if the on frame behind cab racing fuel tank from a mod I have(not sure exactly whih one)would work with more than just the racing engine it came with(Ex: especialy if it worked the Customizable Engines and Drivetrains mod)

#42 Divepunk, Mar 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Hi Divepunk, thanks for your suggestion. The Stubby T-Series has what you ask for. And some electric configurations in my mod can do away with the tanks entirely.

If you want to edit your tank to work with other engines, you should locate its .jbeam file and edit the "energyType":"whateverItIsNow" to "energyType":"diesel"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice