Outdated My Reshade config

Discussion in 'Utilities and programming' started by Brother_Dave, Jan 20, 2018.

1. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Do a clean reinstall of your game, if you wish, make a backup of your mods folder so you dont have to download them again. Next, once your game is reinstalled, download the reshade 3.0.8 file on the first post of this thread, then, since you know how to run it, where it says select game, click that, and you should see BeamNG.drive.x64.exe (or BeamNG.drive.x86.exe) click that, then install with Direct 3D 10+, and of course, rename dxgi.dll ro d3d11.dll.

2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure about renaming dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll? When i did that it didnt recognize that i had been running iot before. Also ,i dont have any d3d11.dll in my folder.

3. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

If I don't rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll then the game crashes when opening it every time.

4. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Ok, then it might just be my installation. Hyena got it working so listen to him :)

5. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

I reinstalled the game, installed the reshade to BeamNG.drive.x64.exe using Direct 3D 10+, renamed dxgi.dll to d3dll.dll, dropped Reshade-shaders and Test.ini to Bin 64, changed the line RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0 to RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1, and it still doesn't work. Did I do anything wrong??

6. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

did you install the actual reshade preset?

7. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

What do you mean?

8. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

did you install the preset from page 5

9. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

There is nothing on page 5. Do you mean page 4? That is where Brother Dave posted the DavesReshadeClueless.zip. I downloaded that, then copy and pasted the Reshade-shaders folder and Test.ini to Bin 64.

10. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

check where it gets the textures from in the menu, open it with shift f2
    --- Post updated ---
    here's what i mean

11. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

It says the Texture Search Paths is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\Bin64.
    --- Post updated ---
    I have noticed a bug with my reshade. I seem to get a weird copy of my screen sometimes. For example, this happens when I press Ctrl+F to see my framerate.
    upload_2018-3-15_18-18-18.png
    This happens in the map editor on the right side.
    upload_2018-3-15_18-15-12.png

12. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Its a common issue:
    https://beamng.com/threads/odd-mini...-also-in-world-editor-with-reshade-off.53089/

BTW, all your problems makes me think twice about reinstalling Reshade, i might be lucky its still working lol.

#112 Brother_Dave, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  13. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed a bug with my reshade. I seem to get a weird copy of my screen sometimes. For example, this happens when I press Ctrl+F to see my framerate.
    View attachment 392580
    This happens in the map editor.
    Do you know if I was supposed to extract the ReShade_Setup_308exe before using it or extracting the DavesReshadeClueless? I just opened the ReShade_Setup_308exe and double clicked and I just opened the DavesReshadeClueless and copy and pasted the two files in without extracting either of them.

14. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I would have extracted the Rehsade exe file before running it, just in case. Shouldnt make a different but you never know.

The folder and file in the Clueless-zipfile can be dragged straight from the zip, thatll extract them. You need to Run the Reshade installation first, in case you did these two things at the same time.

15. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

https://www.beamng.com/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-reshade.41533/ the only difference is step 3, where it should be BeamNG.drive.x64(or x86).exe

Then you take the files inside DavesReshadeClueless.zip, and copy and paste them into the reshade-shaders folder that's in your bin64 once you install reshade
    --- Post updated ---
    and you should be good

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

Do I have to drop the Reshade-shaders folder and the Test.ini folder into the other Reshade-shaders folder in bin 64? Or do I just drop them into bin 64? Thanks.

17. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Into the Bin64-folder. Overwrite files if it asks you to.

18. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Just drop the files in DavesReshadeClueless.zip into the reshade-shaders folder in Bin64

19. Bing Bong

Bing Bong
    Expand Collapse

Like this?
    upload_2018-3-16_9-12-9.png
    Still doesn't work.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

That means that the Reshade-shaders folder and the Test.ini from the zip ends up in the Reshade-Shaders folder in Bin64. Basically itll look like this:

Beamng/Bin64/Reshade-Shaders/Reshade-shaders/

and

Beamng/Bin64/Reshade-Shaders/Test.ini

Where as i have:

Beamng/Bin64/Reshade-Shaders/

and

Beamng/Bin64/Test.ini

which is the ones i think is correct, shouldnt have double Reshade-shaders folders, or do you have that, Hyena?
    --- Post updated ---
    Shouldnt be in the first Reshade-shaders folder if you ask me but shit seems different for everyone. It should replace that folder and the Test.ini should also be in the Bin64 folder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice