WIP Beta released Offroad D-series (download available)

Discussion in 'Land' started by hog0005, Feb 17, 2018.

1. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

I'll look into it, but as far as I remember it requires the hog0005 coilovers.
    I should be able to fix this in the next update or 2 as I plan on replacing the hog frame with a customisable one that allows you to choose between different front and rear chassis sections, eg. lifted, standard, lowered or racing tube frame.
    --- Post updated ---
    It looks like "glass view mountains" by Straubz
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/glass-view-mountains.3641/

• Like Like x 1
  2. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much man, I appreciate it. I also appreciate the immense amount of work you do on these mods, they're so awesome for crawling. Usually I have to tune mods to make them work best for me, but these are just outstanding on their own, and the amount of customization bewilders me. Again, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Razorbaz01

Razorbaz01
    Expand Collapse

sweet man your definitely one of the best modders ive seen/met on any modding forum I get paid this week and I would so donate what I can to you if you would want to make that an option for people you deserve it

• Like Like x 1
  4. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

if it can fit 66s from the CRD, I will be VERY happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

I know they arent 66s, I still need to cut the body and add some lifted leaf springs but this is on 49x18R19 wheels and tires that will be available in the next update.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00002.png
    • screenshot_00003.png
    • Like Like x 1
  6. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

a 1ft body lift might help.

7. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking that, torsion does a 5" Body lift so that might be the go for now (https://www.beamng.com/resources/d-up.1485/), otherwise I thought I might extend the suspension mounts to try and preserve the chassis ground clearance.

That or go all out and build a chassis like this for each body style
    --- Post updated ---
    66x43R26 tires on the crew cab with a 5" body lift by torsion and my 4 link suspension..
    It has a long way to go as far as wheel and tyre stability, it also needs much bigger stronger axles and suspension subframes but there is definitely potential

Attached Files:

• Bigfoot_20_side.jpg
    • screenshot_00004.png
    • screenshot_00005.png
    • screenshot_00006.png
    • Like Like x 4
  8. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

Would you ever think of adding a fiberglass baja front like this

Attached Files:

• maxresdefault.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Maybe at some point, I do like the style, probably not in the immediate future though. I have a fair bit on my plate at the moment and that will probably come along with a rear end after the tube frame is completed

10. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

Like I was saying with the 1ft body lift. it would let the body clear the tires (could make a second frame so it doesn't look like complete shit). it's what Earthquake has

11. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Man, Orc knows his leafers.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. IncendiaryMoose

IncendiaryMoose
    Expand Collapse

Is it intentional that the rear suspension has no model for the springs and shocks? Same with none of the links having ends.

13. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

For the time being its intentional, I'll go through and make nicer/complete meshes when jbeam development of the suspension has been finished.
    Complex meshes make a lot more work when it comes to editing link positions etc, I may add some basic coil over shock meshes in the near future as I am pretty happy with how everything is performing at the moment.

14. Razorbaz01

Razorbaz01
    Expand Collapse

I would honestly be fine with normal coil overs from the 3 link

15. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

I've got a question I've had this mod downloaded before and the engine sounded like the Barstow v8 but I deleted it and I've redownloaded it recently and it makes a normal d series v8 sound I've got no mods but this one so there is no mods conflicting I cleared the cache and un installed and re installed my game is it suppose to sound like that now or is there something wrong on my end

16. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Not sure whats up there mate, we've been away a for few days so I'll have a look tomorrow

17. Indytc

Indytc
    Expand Collapse

The 40+ inch tires don't really fit anymore. Would it be possible you could make the ride height be able to go higher?

18. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

As soon as I get a chance to get the portal axles back again the lift wont be an issue, the best I can suggest for the time being is to grab torsions D up mod, it has a couple of Body lift options that help clear the bigger tires..
    I want to cut the body to fit larger tires, higher springs mess with the geometry too much and cause other issues.
    At some point I will be releasing a higher lift version of the current 4 link axles as well as leaf sprung set ups but that wont be for a while

• Like Like x 1
  19. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

Will you be cutting the bed fenders as well? Also you should add some rock sliders and different front and rear bumpers that arent for the cage.

Attached Files:

• taco_4.jpg
    • maxresdefault.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  20. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

^^ I like it.

At some point I'll get the extra clearance done but I really need to finish a few bits off first so that I can pay some attention to the hopper for a week or two.
    Ideally I'd like to merge the two mods so that updates are easier to manage and quicker to build with a bonus of more parts being available for both vehicles.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice