WIP Beta released Revamped CRD Monster Truck

Discussion in 'Land' started by Deleted member 160369, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. war3345

war3345
    Expand Collapse

what happened to all of the other trucks?

2. Corrupt Outcast

Corrupt Outcast
    Expand Collapse

they'll be added back in a optional pack if i'm not mistaken but for now it's just the breakable raptor

3. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

You guys wanted a breakable body. So you got it. Just chill for a bit.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Very nice work! Curious why you are using a differential as a planetary gear. All you need there is a gearRatio applied to a shaft. You will get a lot more drivetrain rigidity and stability that way. A differential is for splitting power to 2 shafts, ie to the 2 wheels, the "planetaries" would just be a reduction of the gear ratio on each shaft.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Josh2009ers

Josh2009ers
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Great Job. Great Mod. Bravo!

6. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

At the time, we didn't know any other way to simulate them. They seemed to work OK :D

I just implemented your suggestion, and it works perfectly! It also got rid of that nagging console error about non-matching differential outputs that we couldn't figure out. Very much appreciate that. Thank you!

Thanks everyone else for the good comments. Glad you are having fun with the mod.:D

• Like Like x 4
  7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!

@Matchbox201 implemented the solution you suggested. I'll update the resource later today.
    Not difficult at all.

It just seemed very minor at the time and never got enough attention.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 3
  9. Corrupt Outcast

Corrupt Outcast
    Expand Collapse

Noticing with the updated planetaries that backflips and sidewalling are a little knackered, maybe something to look into?

10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Maybe.

Mind to share some filmed footage of the issue?

11. crankyrai

crankyrai
    Expand Collapse

Do you think you have a date on when the F150 might come? P.S new mod version has overtaken VarietyMod as my favourite addon ever. Good work F2YS!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Removed 4 paint schemes from the Bigfoot Addon Pack.

Also, in the light of the recent issues, the Body Pack was put on hold indefinitely.

The Trophy Truck/Raptor body will be the only one available for the time being.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

i actually deleted the old public version from my system after i got done recording the features/announcement video. thankfully i was able to redownload the old version from my downloads history. a useful tip for those wanting to revert versions i suppose.

here's the video. first is the old one. it performs backflips ok, no matter how poorly i execute them. once i get it tipped to its side, i am able to easily recover and get back on all fours.

there is a bit around 6:20 where the front suspension eats a tire. this is the only real bug that i've found. it's a persisting issue that i've experienced before. not sure what you could do other than adjust track width or change the tires or suspension itself.

next is the newer one, and it is very hard to perform a backflip. it makes it once or twice, but you really need to get it to twist to land properly. i suspected that there was a lack of power going to the rear end. however in the sidewalling test, it seemed to be even easier. no complaints here other than it's a little bit unrealistic.

i wanted to confirm the lack of power to the back end by trying to do some slap wheelies. they were almost impossible, while they are very easy to do on the older versions. maybe the older versions were a bit too easy to pull a slap wheelie off, but the newer one is certainly too hard. a proper balance of front suspension tuning and extra power being directed to the back end should fix those issues.

• Like Like x 1
  14. crankyrai

crankyrai
    Expand Collapse

Man, tough luck about the whole SC thing. One reason why I wont be a dev. Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the report. We'll look into it.

Have you tried adjusting the planetary gearing ratio?

16. gameboy3800

gameboy3800
    Expand Collapse

i left it stock for the video. i can try this though.

17. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Just asking, but what are the issues?

18. TheGamer0719

TheGamer0719
    Expand Collapse

Is there someone doing the old body style of Max-d as well as the spiked style of now? I would love to see that old Max-d body in this game. Please to anyone doing body addons, do the old Max-d. Thanks.

19. Max8Adam

Max8Adam
    Expand Collapse

Yes, people are currently working on it. But it is going to take a while though. Give the devs some time

20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

The old Max-D was in the body pack and won't likely return.

The spiked version was meant to be the next breakable body, but the origin of the mesh is unclear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice