Tire Beads and Bead Physics

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BD78738, Nov 16, 2017.

1. BD78738

BD78738
    Expand Collapse

I believe that the ability to break the bead of a tire would greatly improve the realism of this game. Sand, mud, and other soft surfaces have always been persistent in this game, and with the introduction of Utah they have become a vital part in the games realism. In addition to this, tire pressure simulation a has also been in this game for a while now. The ability for a car to break a tire off the rim under certain circumstances could be beneficial to this game. Currently if I drive with extremely low tire pressure in sand, mud, or other soft surfaces at high speeds maneuvering like crazy nothing will happen. Realistically the bead should break causing the tire to dislodge or deflate. In my mind i think this feature could be accomplished by adding an extra (very small) beam between the rim and the tire with a specific beamStrength. I don't know if it would be possible, but the beamStrength could be adjusted up and down in accordance with the tire pressure. This could be big for off-road, rallying, and even track racing if someone happens to skid into a sand trap.

Any questions of feedback is welcome and wanted.

I apologize in advance if this feature is already implemented into the game, but I have not been able to accomplish it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

This would mean 128 new nodes per car and hundreds of beams. For performance reasons, this will most likely not happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Dang, I would love this feature too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bifdro

Bifdro
    Expand Collapse

Hello

I missed in the BeamNG drive:
    -if you driving in the mud, sand or dirty road, your tires is dirty.
    And if you driving in the water, the mud, sand on your car is cleaning.
    This is a little thing, but if BeamNG creators add more phisycs to mud, and to sand = BeamNG is realistic!

Dear BeamNG creators please add more phisycs to mud, water and sand!
    Thanks!

5. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

They are working on it.

6. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

Read this, it is basically the same topic, still going on aswell. https://www.beamng.com/threads/accumulative-dirt.49013/#post-735879

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice