1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed that many of the official development threads have turned into people just talking about updates and whatnot, clogging up the thread and not actually talking about the car/devblog/whatever. So post your theories and speculations about future updates here, so that the official threads aren't clogged with posts theorizing what may be in future updates.

I'll make a list in the main post here of what we think the next update will contain, and when it may come out as well as anything else that may pop up. I'll try to have sources where possible, otherwise it will be guesswork based on time and past update patterns. If you have something to add, whether it be a possible feature, or new source, post it here in the thread and I'll update the OP.

Rules (Read these!)​
    1. Each post must contribute. This is not a chat room. There are other threads for chatting. Off topic discussion will derail the thread and ruin the forum experience for everyone else

2. No random guesses. If you do not have some sort of proof to back up a claim, do not post it! We do not want to be spreading misinformation. Proof can be anything from a developer directly saying something, to files hidden in the game, cheeky screenshots posted by devs, or past development patterns
    2a. It is OK to make an educated guess as to when an update will release, i.e. "It has been over a month since the last update and we have not heard anything from the devs. It is possible that we may get it at the end of the week." No "my gut says today." one day then "my gut says today." the next day.
    3. There is no need for name, calling, swearing, or general stupidity. That type of talk will only serve to derail the thread.

4. Steamdb is not a valid source. The QA branch is updated daily by automated processes, and serves as no indicator as to when an update will release.

5. When an update is near, absolutely do not spam any sort of hype. Over 30 pages of crap were generated leading up to the release of 0.9, and that is not helpful.
    5a. Places where you can't have fun suck, so when an update is confirmed near (Previous thread locked/removed, Tdev posting Europe's the final countdown, or otherwise alluding to writing a blogpost or something) you can have 2 memes/shitposts. Anything over that would be considered spam, and should be removed. Go read a book, take a walk, play Beamng or anything else while we wait for it to be released.
    6. Report any rule breaking posts and move on. Do not reply to the post, do not mention the off topicness, do not pass go, do not collect $200. That just gives the moderators more work.

@1185323118 has made a nice list of all the updates and the length of time between them, check it out to get an idea of the length of time between past updates.

Green text means this feature is highly probable/confirmed

orange text means this feature is possible, but may or may not be ready.

Red text means this feature is highly unlikely, but surprises can still happen.

This is all speculation, nothing is set in stone and the update will release when it is ready, and contain what the devs feel it should contain.

Version 0.10.0: Sometime in the next two weeks (because my pc will be down and knowing my luck it will drop the day I shut it off)
    More trailers: Looks like more trailers for the light trucks and T series will release this update.
    Updated transmission code: It seems the transmissions will be getting a little rework this update, with more realistic shifting and damage.
    West Coast: It is very close to completion, though we have no way of knowing how much more work still needs to be done until it is ready. It would be nice if it dropped, but we cannot be 100% certain.
    Mod Auto Updating: We saw tdev updating a test resource a fair amount. With mod auto updating confirmed a while back, it is possible he was testing the new system. It may or may not release with 0.10.0

Next car: we have no idea what car will release with 0.10.0. So I will not try to mislead anyone.

Version 0.8.1: When its ready
    Hopper: The only unreleased working vehicle, and requested by many, this is highly likely to be the next vehicle. And it's confirmed.

D Series Crew Cab: Showcased by gabester in early January, it looks complete and can be expected to release with the update.

Updated ABS Code: Shown by diamondback in early January, the updated ABS code is very likely to be the driving system that gets overhauled in 0.8.1

West Coast USA: Very close to completion, this map could be the meat of the update. Until we have further knowledge of its progress, I'm putting it in the "maybe a possibility" category.

New Sounds: Who even know at this point, I'm putting this in to make this look nicer.

Version 0.7.2: Sometime before christmas
    New drive train code: First revealed as new differentials, it has since been confirmed that they are a part of all new drive train code. Confirmed to be the big feature to ship with 0.7.2 (.0.8?)

Legran: For all intents and purposes confirmed to be the next vehicle, due in part to all the pictures of it posted.

Camper Trailer: Teased in a screenshot by gabe, the thing looks complete. No reason not to expect it this update.

West Coast: Almost a month ago, we saw good progress with Mitch claiming work was starting on building in the downtown area. The map is nearing completion, just how close to complete it is we do not know.

Ibishu Hopper: It has been nearly 4 months without a vehicle, and the Hopper sounds like a popular choice for a second vehicle this update. We have no idea of the status aside from the shell, so it may or may not happen, depending on how much work has gone into it.

More campaigns: There have been strings in the translation that are related to a "Chapter 2" campaign. It is possible we will get new campaigns with every update, but until there is confirmation we can only guess

Dynamometer:
    Constantly delayed due to bugs and issues, there is no way of knowing if it will ship.

Sounds: Still highly unlikely to be released in their entirety, we could get a pleasant surprise.

Version 0.6.2: Sept 23 Version 0.7: When it's ready
    More Trailers: Gabe revealed more trailer options in early August. There is no reason to believe they will not be ready in time for a early-mid september release.

More robust terrain decal tools: Revealed in Early August, the changes are likely to be complete by the time the update launches

Fancy Stuff: Fancy stuff teased by nadeox1. It was stated these will be in the next update

Online Features: A privacy option was showcased, giving user the option to "Enable online features". Tdev stated it was "for the next update", so there may be some new online features such as leaderboards.

Achievements: A privacy option was showcased, giving user the option to "Enable online features". While it says achievements, there has been no other information to back this up, and could just be in there for the future.

New Differential Code: Revealed in late August, the code clearly works on at least one car, but we have no further information as to how well it works and if it is fully implemented.

Dynamometer: Tdev stated in regards to the dyno "It has some bugs that we were not able to solve yet :(" That statement coupled with @Drivver's argument, lead me to move it to the orange category.

Legran: Gabester said the legran would be going in game soon after the 2400i. That was said over a month ago, and until we have conformation on which vehicle will be next, I will be putting the Legran as a possibility, but not certainty.

T-75 Dumptruck: Files were leaked in the 0.6.1 update that hinted at a T-75 Dumptuck configuration. Due to the lack of models/images/proof, we can safely assume that it is just a concept or in very early stages of development. Thanks @SuperNoob05

Sounds: Teased over two months ago and not seen since, we are certain new sounds are being worked on. We may get new sounds as a total surprise, like the replay system was, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also check out this post by @Betatester for more information

Version 0.6.1: Sept 2-9

Dynamometer: Tdev stated in regards to the dyno "It has some bugs that we were not able to solve yet :("
    That statement coupled with @Drivver's argument, lead me to move it to the orange category.

Legran: Gabester said the legran would be going in game soon after the 2400i. That was said over a month ago, and until we have conformation on which vehicle will be next, I will be putting the Legran as a possibility, but not certainty.

Sounds: Teased over two months ago and not seen since, we are certain new sounds are being worked on. We may get new sounds as a total surprise, like the replay system was, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

ETK 2400i: As of June 10, it is confirmed to be the vehicle to ship with 0.5.7. First teased back in march, in a clearly working condition, it was expected to be in 0.5.6. No other vehicles have been teased/confirmed working as of 0.5.6. An image was released that was potentially the engine/drivetrain for the 2400i. Also described as "very close" by the man himself. Another image was released in early June.

Supercharger Support: Revealed in early June, it was described as "coming soon". Thanks @skodakenner

GM Taxi Skin: Revealed by Gabe in Mid June, it looks to be complete.

D Series/Roamer running boards:
    Revealed by gabe in Mid june, they look to be complete.

Brake Thermals:
    First teased in mid may. They may still be in development as Diamondback said he was "just playing around and trying things" and there has been no other information as of yet. Thanks @skodakenner

Ambulance: Last teased in mid May, it was described as having "Still some minor things to do". Due to it still not being released, it may be in development limbo for some reason.

T-75 Trailer: First shown in early July, this addition may or may not be ready for release, depending on when the update launches. It's possible there will be more texturing or Jbeam optimization needed before release.

Sounds: A new sound system was teased in Early June, described as "soon to come". While there may not be a complete overhaul, we may see one or two vehicles using the new sound system, or the code necessary to overhaul may be in game.

Dynamometer: Revealed in early may, it is likely it will be completed by the time the next update comes around due to the time passed and images released of it in a working state. Tdev says "It has some bugs that we were not able to solve yet :(", implying that it is not ready for the upcoming update. Thanks @Drivver

#1 crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 22
    • Awesome Awesome x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

This is actually not a bad idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if the ETK station/sport wagon is going to be in 5.2.0.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Red exhaust

Red exhaust
    Expand Collapse

Me too, it looks fairly finished at least from the outside. I would love to see a diesel variation of that car.

5. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Speculation is never fun when you know too much... sigh

I wonder if the wheels selector will be simplified...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

I remember them saying something about a picture catalog or something at some point. I might be wrong as well tho. I'd be fine if they'd just put them from A to Ö.

7. B727TheAirliner

B727TheAirliner
    Expand Collapse

Or if they included pictures of the actual wheels whenever you just hover your mouse over the option. At least that will be better than putting 13.5 inch wheels on the D15, if that's even possible.

8. NotLikeThis

NotLikeThis
    Expand Collapse

How about making a tag "update shitpost'?:)

9. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

That would need to be applied to yours.

• Like Like x 8
  10. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

So what vehicle will ship with the next update, and when will it be? I'm hoping we get the ETK, and since we haven't had an update in almost a month I'd like to imagine it will come out within the next two weeks.

11. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

I would like a wheel selector like the vehicle selector where there are the wheels and when you select them it shows the variations. (silver,black,gold etc)

12. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

Wounder if the ETK will have LED headlights.

• Like Like x 2
  13. derpfleet55

derpfleet55
    Expand Collapse

If the past is anything to judge by it will come out a day before one of my exams this month. Every single update with the exception of the current version has come the day before or the day of an exam, a string of coincidences that I'm not sure whether to be infuriated or amazed at. Incidentally My next exams are this Friday and Tuesday next week.

14. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

To release: I think so around 10th or 15th February. But maybe it's not even 0.5.2. Maybe it's 0.6 or something like that

15. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Judging by the time span of the last update i could guess it would probably be released this weekend (unless we end up with a scenario like the pre race update)

I don't really mind what car comes in the update because if it is the ETK I could make a d****bag driver convention scene.

16. speednsnake

speednsnake
    Expand Collapse

I'm surprised with every update anymore, not by the fairly regular new car releases (as cool as they are), but in the new features. A few updates ago I began to look forward more to new features and tweaks than to new content. We've seen the mirimar, glimpsed the ETK whatever, and checked out some of the new parts that they're adding. We've even heard some new terrain sounds and gotten a few WIP screenshots of the Utah map. The stuff that we are all surprised with are the handling improvements, scenarios, and under-the-hood advances that they are working on constantly. THAT is what I look forward to. The new cars and (rare) new maps are icing on the cake. As for speculation, I'd bet that we get the mirimar if anything for the next one. The ETK seems to me, both in it's long development phase and hushed existence, like a car that the team are pouring their hearts into. Seeing as the mirimar appears just about finished, I think they are keeping the ETK up their sleeve until it's perfect. That's all speculation of course though, I wouldn't be surprised if I had to eat my words later, and I'd be stoked to drive either one.:)

Great idea by the way OP. Here's to hoping that this thread is used often and as intended.

17. Red exhaust

Red exhaust
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone remember any of the "concept stage vehicles"?

18. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Sort of in response to speedsnake, there is definitely a pattern to the vehicles quality and features when they are released. For example the roamer seemed to kinda just... exist. Not many teaser posts about it and stuff, while the sbr4 was one of the craziest vehicles implomented hype and development wise, so much engineering and design went into it, alot of people hated it but then grew to love it, i was one of them. The ETK seems to be one of those, i have no idea what its going to be like, but i hope its pretty good for how long they are taking and how they are deciding to release teasers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Betatester

Betatester
    Expand Collapse

For this next release, I think that, at the game's current state, a version jump to 1.0 would almost be like Microsoft's decision to jump Windows from NT 6.x to NT 10, what's the point? The game is still nowhere near done.

There was this quote from tdev, though, that might prove that a final version is in the midst of arrival:

20. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

All hail screenshots

My favorites in this list

2014 Roamer
    " Covet
    Civetta fulmine

Attached Files:

• Americunt.png
    #20 Teoman, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016