1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Maybe we could get 2 remasters next update? Wasnt there atleast 3 in 0.18? On an another note, if they dont give some cars some remasters and they focus on one single car, quality might increase greatly coz they focus on one single car. (Dont know if this made sense, just woke up like a hour ago)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  3. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

oMG i NEvEr NoTICed ThAT
    (satire please no hate)

4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

0.17.1(?) was a remaster to the GM with a bit of content.

0.18 remastered the D/H-Series and Roamer (they share a lot of parts and had the same issue)
    0.18 and 0.19 both brough big content updates to the D-Series and small content updates to the Roamer & H-Series.

Between Stoat's comments and the general lack of attention to the van between these two updates, it's safe to say it'll see some love next.

At this point the only cars with major quality issues are the Bolide and Pigeon, and both Bruckells have their fair share but they aren't as bad as those two. The rest of the roster mostly has minor issues and just lacks content compared to the recent additions to the roster.

I doubt any kind of focusing would help anything. The vehicle team is currently split into 3 as far as we know (Ferretank's truck project, the rest of the team split between remasters and new content). Focusing so many people on one project would just result in diminishing marginal returns. No point in having everyone making the new mesh for the Gavril i6.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I made a visualisation of what i think the content remaster could (or should IMO) look like.
    screenshot_2020-04-28_16-01-12.png
    more OEM parts is in reference to more engine options, facelift/pre facelift parts, etc.
    aftermarket parts is both for basic tuning parts (turbos, etc) as well as more serious stuff (engine swaps, tube frame rock crawlers/drift/drag/race cars, etc.)
    along the lines of the hoppler/d crawler, how cool would a burnside gasser, or a FD 200bx, or a legran stock car, or moonhawk modified nascar be?

#23745 CaptainZoll, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. kwai38

kwai38
    Expand Collapse

I completely agree with you on this, especially the Bolide( please remake le 70s wedge)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

I don't understand why everybody say that the pigeon is severely outdated and need a rework. This car is meant to be simple with the minimum of parts on it. This car drives well, is really funny thanks to his low mass and small size and already has already a few customization parts. The only negative point I see on this car are some textures who can be improved but appart that I see no real problems on this poor pigeon being harassed since his existence on this forum. I could even say that it'
    s one of my favorite car of the game. it's so fun to drive at 100km/h with this car and get the same sensations than driving at 300km/h with a modern car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

but wouldn't you want to be able to actually go 300 in a pigeon?

9. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

well, something along the lines of this would be nice to have, e.g. more pigeon wheels and more body options
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/pigeon-mod-pack.1642/

10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Some more cars could use Jbeam updates IMO, many of them were structured with simplicity/performance in mind so Jbeam structure is a bit too "basic".

Like, modern ETKs still deform quite terribly. Miramar is spiky here and there and even the Piccolina could use some improvements in this sense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I haven't looked at it in awhile but IIRC the front suspension is a bit of a mess and it doesn't meet multiple Kei Car regulations.

#23751 ManfredE3, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  12. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the current design is imitating what the reliant robin has, iirc.
    the old belt steering system was jankier.

13. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

I believe we can expect the new ui that was teased a while ago or career mode in 0.20, considering that in 0.10 we got a big feature; sound reworks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

So they did change it from that old steering system. Shows how often I use it...
    --- Post updated ---
    We haven't heard anything of the UI in nearly 2 years, and we know career mode is early WIP. Best case scenario would be another campaign to show off whatever career mode systems are done (maybe update A Rocky Start or something)

15. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

Where do we all think a new possible map can be based in?

I personally say Florida, since we have a US northeast map, and a few US western maps. The few regions that we're currently missing in the lower 48 are the Midwest, South east, and the Pacific northwest. Although for a pacific northwest map, I would actually like to see it be based in Vancouver as Beam's first Canadian map, rather than have it be another U.S map.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Popololo

Popololo
    Expand Collapse

i don't think we will the career mode because, they literally never talked about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FPSCanarussia

FPSCanarussia
    Expand Collapse

Or how about a map set outside North America? Like Britain, France, Russia, China, Japan, Australia, Cuba, or another German map?

Only 3 of the game's maps are set in countries outside the US: Italy, the ETK Experience Centre, and the Automation Tesk Track. Every country listed above has a unique and interesting car culture (or, in the case of Australia, utes) that could be explored alongside a new map, like was done with Italy and the Piccolina.

#23757 FPSCanarussia, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  18. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

What?
    On the topic of maps, I think an austrailian map would be good

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

20. cars246

cars246
    Expand Collapse

I like the Idea of a canadian map.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice