1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. EUDM fanboy

    EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2023
    Messages:
    1,178
    It wouldn’t be unrealistic to have both.
     
  2. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,221
    I think it's possible for the ETK I-Series to have a wagon. The I-Series is based off the BMW 5-Series (E34), and it has a wagon version.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,583
    The issue is there's no precedent for that in game, so we shouldn't be expecting it.

    The Bluebuck is the only passenger car with more than 2 body styles, but the 4 it has are all very similar and don't change the roofline.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. energypolice52

    energypolice52
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2024
    Messages:
    178
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,221
    #67265 DaveBro, Jul 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. paulnewman

    paulnewman
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 2, 2022
    Messages:
    168
    If I had to choose I’d prefer sports coupe body style as it would be more suitable for group b variant
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,583
    Honestly that completely slipped my mind, a Group B sedan wouldn't make sense... Though now I want to make a Group B wagon :rolleyes:

    Edit: Citreon had a Group B sedan. Still, they're French so what can you say there...
     
  8. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,221
    Like this?
     
  9. ManfredE3

    ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2016
    Messages:
    2,583
    That was a BTTC car, so it would've competed against cars like the 1996 Pessima touring car. A Group B I-Series would be competing with the rally Bolide and MR Covet. Hoonigan built up a 1983 Subaru GL wagon for Travis Pastrana's 2022 Gymkhana video which kind of shows what a ETK I-Series Wagon built for rally racing would look like. Of course the Hoonigan car is a modern build for Gymkhana, but the general idea is close enough... Well not really, but it's closer than any other IRL wagon builds I know of.
    Hoonigan.jpg
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Koichiro Iketani

    Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2018
    Messages:
    957
    The rally Bolide is a Group 4 car actually...
    --- Post updated ---
    Actually, according to Wikipedia the Audi quattro first raced in Group 4, so it racing against the Bolide would be fairly accurate

    (but honestly, who cares, the devs can just make up all the categories they want)
    --- Post updated ---
    Sorry for being pendantic, but it's BTCC actually :)
    British Touring Car Championship
     
  11. Ax50

    Ax50
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2019
    Messages:
    518
    I really wouldn't mind a two door version of the I-Series, that would fit that era's European sports car really well
    ezgif-1-48f5b3b48f.jpg img_4946.jpg
     
    • Agree Agree x 11
  12. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,221
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. Pr9tkin

    Pr9tkin
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2022
    Messages:
    621
    I'm so excited
    --- Post updated ---
    You mean more than two? Is there anything in there besides a sedan and a coupe?
    Is it possible to remove the roof? If so, it's a revelation to me.
     
  14. LegThePeg

    LegThePeg
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2022
    Messages:
    4,268
    The 4 body styles are the 4-door and 2-door, with sedan and hardtop versions
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Pr9tkin

    Pr9tkin
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2022
    Messages:
    621
    If the hardtop can't be removed then I wouldn't consider it as another body, in essence the hardtop isn't real....
     
  16. bussin.buses

    bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2022
    Messages:
    5,163
    I think you just don't know what a hardtop is. It's not a hardtop convertible, it's just a two- or four-door hardtop.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Pr9tkin

    Pr9tkin
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2022
    Messages:
    621
    I just now realized that a hardtop is when there is no center pillar) ok then it's ok, I was confused with a removable hardtop.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  18. HEEHEE24000

    HEEHEE24000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2024
    Messages:
    17
    Sometimes it can be very confusing. There are still a lot of things as a car guy that are still very confusing to me at 15.
     
  19. Mr Engineer

    Mr Engineer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2017
    Messages:
    73
    "me at 15"
    Oh no somebody's about to get banned lol
     
    • Agree Agree x 7
  20. HEEHEE24000

    HEEHEE24000
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2024
    Messages:
    17
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice