1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. Helloanne

    Helloanne
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2024
    Messages:
    74
    Holy frickin' god I'm so excited for this update! Definitely seems like the devs watched MuYe's video where he reviewed the volumetric clouds mod.
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. SomeVietnameseplayer

    SomeVietnameseplayer
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2018
    Messages:
    11
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. dmcmaniac

    dmcmaniac
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2024
    Messages:
    328
    ik right!!! also off topic but awesome pfp!
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. peaceforabdullah

    peaceforabdullah
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2022
    Messages:
    75
    I'm thinking this volumetric cloud might be a part of a much bigger just weather and graphics update. Don't want to get my hopes up but,
    I'm hoping they improved nighttime too because it does not look good right now.
     
    • Agree Agree x 10
  5. SAEN

    SAEN
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2023
    Messages:
    492
    These are a set of images I captured at the same location using game version 0.38, taken in chronological order at in-game times of 7:30
    screenshot_2026-03-04_17-02-27.png
    9:35
    screenshot_2026-03-04_17-02-51.png
    12:00
    screenshot_2026-03-04_17-03-05.png
    14:24
    screenshot_2026-03-04_17-04-01.png
    16:11
    screenshot_2026-03-04_17-03-44.png

    Compared to the video released by the developers, the updated visuals show a noticeable improvement!

    This is a screenshot from this week's Teaser Tuesday video.
    41781772616627.png
     
    • Like Like x 16
  6. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    -Obviously volumetric clouds, with dynamic lighting
    -Atmospheric scattering
    -Adjusted fog to look more realistic

    Wonder what will be adjustable on clouds: Cloud cover, and speed are probably a given. But then white or darker clouds. And I wonder if cloud elevation will be tied to maps based on elevation/temperature.
     
    • Like Like x 5
  7. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    If rain/snow is being added, then clouds should also turn grey-ish as sign of worse weather. And if cloud density would change with time.
    I wonder if cars will be covered in rain, snow and so on too.
    The focus of the upcoming update seems to make BeamNG more photo-realistic by improving atmosphere.
    This will probably force me to upgrade my monitor from 1920x1080 to 4K lol
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  8. Josh94

    Josh94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2022
    Messages:
    398
    Hope they going to fix the bug where the rain and snow makes car windows to glitch while using Vulkan now that they are working on the skybox and probably the weather system.

    For those who don't know , rain and snow are already a thing in Beam, you can use them via the in-game world edition under the precipitation tab if I remember correctly
     
  9. Helloanne

    Helloanne
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2024
    Messages:
    74
    Thx! I took a while to draw lol
     
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    458
    Come on, man...you know that don't count

    @GoblinGreenGuy I don't think we're at the point of weather/environment effects on paint yet. One step at a time
     
    #77350 ShakeandBake, Mar 4, 2026
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2026
    • Like Like x 2
  11. CaptainZoll

    CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2016
    Messages:
    3,202
    As far as I know, volumetric clouds typically use the same basic systems as other forms of volumetric smoke.
    I wonder if this system could be adapted for better exhaust and tire smoke.
     
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    Yeah, I meant for the future, what the devs maybe are considering.
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,291
    I would assume they would do that, or at least upgrade the current system. I would love to see steam rising from buildings in Belasco
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  14. SUBARUWRXSTI 2002

    SUBARUWRXSTI 2002
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2026
    Messages:
    190
    Yes you are right I used it a few days ago:)
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. HybridRooDragon

    HybridRooDragon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2024
    Messages:
    467
    Imagine driving into trees and a coconut lands on the car. Thatd mean theres now goin to be hawaii map. *Shrug* if they got around to the weather. Im going to be happy. Im gonna keep my mouth shut till the update comes out. You all know im the obsessed one with speed racer and severe weather patterns. Im gonna be very observant and quiet about the teasers because I tend to spoil the mood. All I can say is this could be a very fun update for me and many others
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  16. united.

    united.
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2020
    Messages:
    527
    probably hired him like they did with the traffic guy 6 years ago
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    Yeah, interactive maps would be kool too.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,217
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. GoblinGreenGuy

    GoblinGreenGuy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2025
    Messages:
    606
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. Helloanne

    Helloanne
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2024
    Messages:
    74
    Ya know I wonder how close these official clouds are gonna be to Chipboard's mod. (He's the one who made the original volumetric clouds mod) I hope we can adjust the clouds to make them cover the whole sky just like we could do with the mod, cus that would look amazing
     
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice