1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

  1. LanciaDelta04

    LanciaDelta04
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2026
    Messages:
    591
    At this point, I’m just curious as to whether they’re going to use an existing brand, or if it’s going to be a new brand. Fingers crossed for a new brand. Itd be awfully unusual to get two cherriers in a row (the last time we had back to back brand releases was ~10 years ago, and the WL40 and HT55 released together). That’s the only part that’s killing me at the moment.
     
    • Agree Agree x 9
  2. Helloanne

    Helloanne
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2024
    Messages:
    74
    Would be nice to have a more diverse line of brands. Right now Gavril and Ibishu are dominating the car market.
     
    • Agree Agree x 14
  3. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    522
    Can I just say I'm really liking this increased teaser frequency. I love peeking behind the scenes, and I love seeing that there's active development being done. Screw all the people who were going "oh why are they posting so many teasers when the update is so far away" you guys need to learn some patience.

    I may be reading too much into this but that is the EXACT spot of the track with the EXACT car from fillman86's "I Made the Most Realistic Tyres Ever" video. Could be more tyre features rolling in? (pun not intended but now that I've read it I fully intend). I did notice even more new tyre dynamics in 0.39. I think it's been said before that the devs are slowly adding tyre features in some updates, little by little. Makes me think the mythical "tyre update" is not going to release as one complete package, it seems to be a continuous process.
     
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. hacker420

    hacker420
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    1,183
    Well yes, that is exactly what the devs had said before.
     
    • Agree Agree x 10
  5. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    604
    It will also be the same thing for the multiplayer.
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Helloanne

    Helloanne
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2024
    Messages:
    74
    Has anyone ever thought about car alarms? I feel like it would make sense since we have parked cars. I can totally see myself ramming into a row of em and hearing them all go off. It would be cool hearing what each in game car would sound like.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,278
    Oh I made a mod to do that. Very fun
     
    • Like Like x 3
  8. BishBish747

    BishBish747
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2026
    Messages:
    18
    I just realized that while people want to know about the manufacturer of the new European semi truck I just realized that no one has asked if the engines are going to be either Belasco diesel, in house manufactured, or it could introduce a new brand of engine maker and it could introduce different types of V8 diesel like a Scania (I live in the States so I don't know any other V8 trucks from the EU).
     
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Helloanne

    Helloanne
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2024
    Messages:
    74
    Woah, really? I'll have to check it out sometime then!
     
  10. CrashHavenBNG

    CrashHavenBNG
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2025
    Messages:
    3,278
    Never released it.
     
  11. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    522
    That'd require updating the electronics system to allow features to run while the ignition is off, like hazard and marker lights. After playing a lot of night time in 0.39 I really really wish we'd have official marker lights.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. ShakeandBake

    ShakeandBake
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2025
    Messages:
    455
    .39 didn't bring any tire changes at all, and they've said in the past not to expect any tire changes this year. Think it's just more PS5 teasers to showcase the game to a new audience; it's not for us who have been playing the game for years on PC.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. sduncil95

    sduncil95
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2016
    Messages:
    72
    I second this, it would be great to have an official parking light setting(at least up to a certain year, I've never seen a parking light switch option past 2010 on cars) especially considering the moonhawk has a setting on it's switch panel for parking lights. And the T-series would look epic with all its lights(though I think there should be chicken lights for the air cleaners and mirrors)on but headlights off, when I did travel and stopped at large gas stations like Loves, Flying J, TA, etc or rest stops I would always see lines of rigs with their parking lights on and idling.
     
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    522
    I'm pretty sure the sidewall deformation while cornering hard wasn't as strong before, although I could just be feeling things.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Blue Bird Gaming

    Blue Bird Gaming
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2021
    Messages:
    1,875
    Hopefully a new brand, and the engines will probably be in house since most European trucks make their own engines as far as I know (I’ve heard of some old Volvos and DAFs having Cummins engines back in the 80s and 90s but I’m fairly certain the truck we’re getting is newer.)
     
    • Agree Agree x 6
  16. McBeamer94

    McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2019
    Messages:
    2,868
    Or revving the nuts off a really loud car (or a car with a shitty exhaust or no exhaust at all) and setting them off!! :p:cool:
    --- Post updated ---
    German cars, when parked, also have the feature of turning only one side of lights on, depending on it being the outside one, for offering road users better visibility.

    With that being said and with the lighting update having dropped, I'd love to see the yellow high beams and fog lights be further exploited in BeamNG vehicles. For now, only the Bruckell Nine and the Autobello Stambecco have them.
     
    • Like Like x 4
  17. idk_2401

    idk_2401
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    May 17, 2024
    Messages:
    370
    I've seen that on the playstation store it says that the game can be paused in offline mode only, and that implies that we will get online multiplayer in .40
     
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SF1NX

    SF1NX
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2023
    Messages:
    522
    Speaking of our new euro truck, there's one small feature I'm very excited for. That being, new horns. The heavy machinery from 0.38 got new horns in 0.39, I'm thinking the truck will either come with its own on launch, or will be added retroactively. I'm personally hoping we'll get the standard euro flat tone, as well as some air horns. There could also be new sirens if the devs want to give us EMS configs. I'd love to get an official feuerwehr siren in Beam. It could also pair with the firetruck airhorn that Czech firetrucks use, it sounds badass.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. thegamerpt

    thegamerpt
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2022
    Messages:
    159
    It wasn't only german vehicles, pretty sure all european market cars have that feature, things like my Fiat Bravo and my Nissan Navara have them. No idea why people say "only german cars"
     
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Métronome

    Métronome
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2023
    Messages:
    604
    I don't know if will get multiplayer for 0.40.
    --- Post updated ---
    Before, I had a Citroën DS21 from 1975 and it was possibe to choose which headlight we want to turn on, left or right with a switch in the front control panel. This switch was a three position switch with arrows left or right painted on.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice