1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The ingame repository is currently offline for maintenance. Downloading and installing the mods manually via our website will still work: Repository
    Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

??

2. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

It looks to nice to be a part of the Bluebuck

3. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Its just that i don't remember seeing that wheel before so i thought that it was new, turns out that it has been in the game for awhile.

here's a good tip search through the vehicles\common\wheels or hubcaps as you can occasionally find new wheels\hubcaps that haven't been mentioned in the changelog.

Desperate for official vehicular content! as 0.11 seemed to of been lacking in the vehicle parts department.

#8643 ktheminecraftfan, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  4. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Yep, I agree. Gabester's illness seems to have put all vehicle-related content (and all new vehicle releases) to a halt. As I said in the Bluebuck thread...

OT: Really weird that not even the Grand Marshal got a new Belasco police skin. After all, they have their own police station in the middle of the city. That doesn't make any sense; why go through all of the effort to put a big police station in Belasco, but no police cars? Skins are one of the easiest things in the world to make for Beam, and it's even made easier by the new skin creation file system. In fact, I don't think that there were any new skins for any of the official vehicles whatsoever. Still, the drift steering for the Barstow and Moonhawk, along with the nitrous for all cars, are nice additions to the game.

As far as I know, the T-Series, K-Series, and '96 Pessima are still lacking skin UVs, which is strange considering how the skin creation file system allows for easier skinning. Why would these three cars (which are practically ancient in terms of the game's development, especially the T-Series, which was released more than 3 years ago) be lacking skin UVs to demonstrate easier modding? I remember that there was a post a long time ago by Nadeox1 that featured a '96 Pessima with a crash test skin crashing into a Fait One at Dunsfold Aerodrome. I'm not sure if that means that the '96 Pessima may be getting skin UVs sometime soon, but I think that's pretty much the only bit of evidence that we have that it may be able to be skinned sometime soon.

MisterKenneth likes this.
  5. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

The skin will probably be out in a hotfix. I bet if it is in a hotfix it will be hotfix 2.

ktheminecraftfan likes this.
  6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

It's like I said in the past, we'll probably have to make a petition or something to get a skin UVs for the T-Series. I think it's inexcusable that it's gone for so long without one, once you consider the many possibilities for skins.

And I'll let the absence of the Bluebuck slide for this update, but I will be expecting it in the next one, which I'm guessing will probably be around Christmas - New Year. I mean, we haven't got a new vehicle since the Hopper back in April.

It's like someone else said, Gabester isn't the only vehicle developer, and it wouldn't make sense to halt development when there are other developers that can keep it going. Something along those lines.

7. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Watch as the devs take us for a ride with a bus or something XD.

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

The T-series is a problem simply by virtue of its huge size. There's so much area to cover (and there's likely to be more as time goes on and things like an air deflector, tow truck body, etc. might be added).

As for the '96 Pessima - that crash test skin has been around for a while. It's something that a dev did by messing around with the diffuse & specular maps - the difficult and less-than ideal way to make skins. It'll hopefully gain a UV map around the same time as the Hill Climb configuration comes to fruition.

As for skinning, this turned up in the changelog:

9. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

T-series would be the easiest to UV. Only the cab, hood and sleeper need to be UVed, most likely any addons like a wrecker body would get their own separate skin UVs and files.

10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I was playing on the dirt track in WCUSA when I remembered something. Around the time of the Over the Horizon post, wasn't there a screenshot of all of the configs in game with two that we've never seen and still haven't, including a pre-runner Pessima mk.I? Or am I just going crazy? I took a quick look through the Over the Horizon post and didn't see anything like what I am remembering in the picture on that post, I was sure there was something about a pre-runner Pessima mk.I at some point though

Edit: Page 49 has what I was remembering. It was the off-road Sunburst and a 200BX (I actually don't know which config it is). I want a pre-runner Pessima mk.I now though

#8650 ManfredE3, Nov 25, 2017
  11. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

out of all the things i want next, i want more Campaign stuff. I am REALLY wanting to find out what happens after a Rocky Start.

12. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

So... hotfix forecast?

We know at least one will be released, with the following confirmed:
    • Hopper 'Skin Mapping' minor issues | Fixed for hotfix
    • Burnside 'Skin Mapping' minor issues | Fixed for hotfix
    • 'Detailed Damage' app not working | Fixed for hotfix
    • Wrong priority in mounting mods | Fixed for hotfix
    • Afterfire, Turbo and some other sounds doing strange things | Fixed for hotfix
    • Vehicles being in wrong orientation after scenario reset | Fixed for hotfix
    • Gridmap spawns do not work correctly | Fixed for hotfix
    So what else is likely? I'm placing my bets on further attempts to optimize WCUSA - framerate seems to be a major issue for most players, and it's undermining the largest piece of new content Beamng has had all year.

Beyond that, fixes to the AI in the new dirt track scenario and fixes to parts on the rear end of the Bolide seem like likely fixes.

I'm guessing this will be a three-hotfix update, with a light dusting of new scenarios, quickrace tracks, and configurations throughout to keep it interesting.

13. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

none of the WCUSA scenarios were supposed to be in the update. one is broken due to AI issues, one is unbalanced (covet vs sunburst? seriously?) and the third is pretty good. I spoke to Mitch on the discord server and he said they don't really know what is going on. plus add to the fact that some modders are unhappy due to announcement that .PNG files will be unsupported in a future update and all textures will have to be .DDS

and for the love of quality, may we please get a different sound for the T-series that is more accurate to real life

#8653 enjoyinorc6742, Nov 25, 2017
    workclock1© likes this.
  14. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Did he say anything similar in regards to the massive FPS drop that most users are experiencing? That's what scares me the most about 0.11 - that the dismal performance of WCUSA seems to have been an entirely unexpected phenomenon.

15. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

he said that there are mixed reports. he said it might be WCUSA not liking older cards

16. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

WCUSA Hates me card, it’s a GT 740 2GB...

17. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

GTX 750TI here. i do have issues with the light quality

18. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG requires more CPU usage than it does for graphics. FX-8350s don't run BeamNG well so I don't get good framerate yet I have a GTX 970.

19. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

i also have a i5 @4960k quad core i can run other maps on high but WCUSA has issues

20. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I definitely don't have to worry about my CPU thats for sure (I7- 6700 boii!) but the graphics card could be a problem unless I lower the resolution.

Haven't had any big issues with running WCUSA.