1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the clarification :)

2. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Yeah sorry meant 0.12. Im getting behind with my updates! New cars don't come as hotfixes

4. jonthefuzz

jonthefuzz
    Expand Collapse

why is the update 1.5 gigs?

5. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Interesting.
    (not me asking the question)

Attached Files:

• IMG_6937.png
  6. A5R

A5R
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, that was a feature I was keenly looking forward to. I mean a game all about car damage not having scratches is a big shame since it’s probably the most basic form of damage and makes a very big difference in the look of a damaged car.
    Just look at this pic:

Instead of looking like deformed clay, scratches make it looks like actual metal. I know it’s hard to implement in this engine but it should be made a priority.

#9026 A5R, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  7. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

I actually have to agree with you on this. The crashes feel too simple for some reason. Scratches would be a great addition.

8. BD78738

BD78738
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if it would be possible to make it where 1 randomly picked scratch texture, out of say 10 options the game has to pick from, would appear within the bounds of a collision triangle if another collision surface comes within X distance of the triangle.

9. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Rollover crashes in dirt would look a lot better if we also had dirt textures on cars.. Sadly, devs already confirmed it's not happening.

10. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

A agree with the things said above; the physics engine seems feature-rich and stable enough to focus attention elsewhere, that needs it more. The graphics engine is woefully out-of-date, not keeping up with any standards of modern games. If they were to focus on redesigning the graphics with PBR, scratches, optimization, and tiled-terrain, that would open up a world of possibilities for the physics engine. It would also lead into Vulkan support, which goes into Linux/Mac support. If there were to focus on refining features and making them better before adding more features, the game would greatly benefit.
    Just my 2 cents.

11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

How come today's hotfix was 1.2 GB?

12. fordman3254

fordman3254
    Expand Collapse

No idea, gonna look into it to see if maybe there's some new content or something (I doubt there is, but with 1.2GB for a hotfix that is still a possibility).

13. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Torque3D is supposedly at it's performance peak, so either they change the engine & redo BeamNG from 0, or keep the engine & focus on BIG optimisations

14. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Every time the game updates, it updates all of the game files, to make sure that they're all present and up-to-date.

15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Something something related to Steam not properly seeing file diff (so it's replacing an entire ZIP, instead of a few files inside of it)
    We found the issue, but did not have enough time to test the fix properly, so perhaps it will be for the future updates.

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

While I agree that leaving out scratches leaves unfinished feel to product, I can also see that they might not want to implement it fake way, but more realistic way and that might make it quite hard to do.

Also there was something about additional layers for colorable wheels being bit too much work/complexity to have them implemented as it would add new layer and new color selector. So maybe there is more challenges that we can currently see.

Ancient Viper racing had scratches if I remember correctly, so performance probably is not much of reason why not to.

17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Tunnel at the end of the bridge on WCA. Here's your proof.

Additional detail added to the racetrack on WCA.

Pics from discord.

#9037 EruptionTyphlosion, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  18. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I like the new details on the racetrack. As of now it just feels unfinished and basic; It also has no "atmosphere," meaning the track looks like it hasn't been used.

19. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of WCA...
    screenshot_01439.png

This is quite the modern-looking Gavril dealership, considering that Gavril production (at least in BeamNG) ended in 2001. Perhaps this is hinting at the development of some modern Gavrils to match the modern Gavril dealership? That's what it looks like to me.

20. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget that BeamNG was originally planned as a Derby game which explains the number of pre 2000s cars.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice