1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

If only it would have a similar ui to the garage selector, thumbnails for each wheel is kind of necessary :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

As I've said before, the whole thing needs to be redone. Right now we can only wait for the next UI teaser though.

Vehicle selector IMO should be more like how it's done at IRL dealerships. Nice photo of the car in the background of the selector page, sidepannel with options for transmission, realistic factory options for interior/exterior colors (other colors on a drop down or something of the sort), for vehicles with simple facelifts like the I-Series and Moonhawk those could be included here too.

Parts selector should be more new player friendly, with tool tip explanations of what some things are and how performance will change, and images for at least the parts with a lot of options like rims and steering wheels.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

heres what I think is upcoming:

• Traffic
    • New menu
    • New skins/configs
    • Script UI improvements

• ETK 800/K series V12 engines
    • K series V10
    • Gavril Bluebuck
    • V16

• Wentward Articulated
    • Mattress prop
    • Bus safari scenario
    • Soliad Wendover
    • D-series tow truck

4. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

rally lights for the i series

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Where you got that from?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

You could've said that for most of his post

The way I see it: (not bothering to color code because mobile device)

Green: Nothing
    There has not been any teasers for anything yet

Orange:
    More steps in audio, UI, and AI improvements. Audio improvements seem to come fairly often in updates now. UI and AI is being actively worked on. Definetly won't be getting any sort of "full" introduction, but steps towards the end goal is possible

Map improvements. No word on when these are coming, or even how detailed these improvements are.

Red:
    A ton of stuff in development limbo. The usual stuff that was mentioned and seemingly forgotten about by devs. 200BX V8, ETK engines, H-Series sliding door, D-Series tow truck, and so on.

Bluebuck. Vehicles seem to have one update inbetween the teaser and release in the devs current work flow. This will probably come out in the update closest to Christmas, with the Wendover in the update after.

#15806 ManfredE3, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

seeing as the next update could be near September, maybe the bluebuck will be ready by then. There are multiple vehicle designers, for all we now, Gabester or B25Mitch could be working on it behind our backs.
    also, I never heard anyting a bout h series sliding doors or a 200bx V8, there has been no engine swaps so far.

8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

There's a team of vehicle designers, but that has been the case for awhile now, which the teaser-update-release pattern has existed for just as long.

We know the Bluebuck has been "in game" for awhile now, but it would be a departure of the pattern for it to come out within 3 months of the teaser. Just look at how much time was inbetween the Piccolina's teaser and release. That was the most recent full vehicle to come out, and the team's recorces haven't significantly changed to my knowledge, so that timeline is important to consider.

Also, with Gabe's wrist as it is, there's no way he would be taking on development of an entire vehicle with the goal of getting it in for the next update. It would also be really weird for any number of the team to be doing that. The team is probably sit between updating the oldest cars and working on the Bluebuck, the Bluebuck's teaser will probably come when it's deemed good enough to show off and development is going smoothly.

Christmas is an important time for developers to release stuff, and the Bluebuck (maybe even Bluebuck and Wendover) would be a great way to have a big holiday update; it's the only realistic way I can think of to compare to the last holiday update in terms of content.

#15808 ManfredE3, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Well, that's not entirely true. I believe the autobello could have been ready for update 0.14, but was held off for Italy to be ready too. Also, the devs have recruited @Stoat Muldoon as a vehicle creator since then, and gabester seems to have recovered mostly, since he is remaking his old vehicles. I think getting the bluebuck for 0.17 is possible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping that if the previous gen D-series eventually makes it ingame, it would receive hubcaps that would suit a truck really well from that era, such as these:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

My speculation for the next update:

I have probably missed out on a few points, feel free to let me know what I missed.
    This is all personal opinion (unless backed up by sources) so if you disagree with me that is fine, but please don't make a big deal about it.

MOST LIKELY:
    • Keybind to switch from realtime to last used slow-mo speed (Source)
    • Body shape tweaks for remaining vehicles (likely excluding newer vehicles)
    • Map improvements/reworks for some older maps
    • Front sub-frame improvements for unibody vehicles.
    • Adding glass weight to remaining vehicles
    • Gearbox whine for manual transmissions
    • Physics core optimisations (10%?)
    • New world editor
    • RGB/Performance Improvements for Script AI
    • Timing board for WCUSA dragstrip
    • ETK V12 (been in game files for a while)
    • Gavril Blueback (Reported to be in-game - no news since)
    • Better AI logic for intersections
    • New driving modes
    • Further sound improvements
    • Planets? (As demonstrated here)
    • AI Traffic (Being worked on - no news)
    • New UI (unlikely to be released - perhaps a beta?)
    • Soliad Wendover (Reported to be currently worked on)
    • imgui jbeam visualizer (and editor??) (currently WIP)
    • Scenario system overhaul (In preparation for career mode?)
    • Career Mode (No news from developers)
    • Matress (.dae in files, no news)
    • Ropables (No news)
    • Tow truck for D-Series (.dae in files, likely wont be added until ropables introduced - if ever)
    • Keyframe/Point to point camera (Source)
    LEAST LIKELY

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Oh yes please. Just today I was complaining about a lack of free buttons on my controller.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I forgot about this:

I don't think it's been added yet (unless I am mistaken) so another possibility for the next update :D

#15813 CN877, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 6
  14. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

Also, career groundwork is in the pipeline. I don’t know if we’ll see it anytime soon, but......

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

They said Career is for 2019, Im surprised because I swear I read that somewhere but i can't found it ...

16. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Wait what!? Career is coming this year? Is this for sure?

17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

IIRC TDev said that in an interview with a local news station, probably just for the sake of telling the news that development is going quicker than it actually is. I heard it isn't the first time he's done that.

Perhaps he meant the groundwork for it or a beta career mode/game entering beta 1.0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Oh, ok. It would be cool for them to implement the beta career this year so that everyone can help the devs. (Ya know, spotting bugs, etc.)

19. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Turns out PBR is being considered for the future, and this is a new quote too, only posted 2 hours ago (as of now)

Obviously it wont be coming soon, if ever, but its still some pretty cool news that I thought you guys may find of interest :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

PBR, one of more recent tracks in rF2:
    upload_2019-6-4_17-18-4.png upload_2019-6-4_17-21-17.png upload_2019-6-4_17-24-28.png
    I keep bloom off as much as possible as I don't see point in making everything looking like if you just would of waked up and see everything in blurry way. Just look at that glowing mirror and wing!
    upload_2019-6-4_17-34-4.png upload_2019-6-4_17-34-26.png Real thing (there seem to be only horribly blurry and odd white balance pics or very artsy photoshopped creations, also ignore that yellow is different, point is more of those overkill shiny bits)

DX9 (sure it is bit dated, but at least no overkill shine and overexposure on every white bit):
    upload_2019-6-4_17-39-32.png

I just don't really know if it is worth it, car shines like being chrome from certain angles (it is much worse in game than what you see from thumbs), it does have little amount of sparkles though (I got same amount in BeamNG few versions back), but I think PBR alone is not helping much, it needs lot of tune up. That car model is quite bit more high poly than BeamNG cars, so obviously it will look prettier because of that, but I don't think PBR is working quite optimal way there yet.

Even after getting PBR in engine, it might take quite a while to get something that works in all situations which to my understanding is a goal, as you can see from above pics it can look quite horrible in certain situations, it is like freshnel overkill or something, idk.

So PBR itself is not much of anything, it still needs lot of work to make actually look realistic, like what you see with your own eyes.

It is fashionable to make graphics look overexposured blurry mess like filming with cheap camera as some think that looks cool, but I look world trough eyes, not with cheap camera and at least I speculate devs aiming for realism over such overdone effects, so it might take time to get PBR right even after implementing it and implementing itself might take time.

There is lot of chances to speculate about it I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice