Vivace + Tograc qE Offroad Parts/Drive Mode

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ARES IV, May 1, 2020.

1. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

I really would find an offroad E Tograc interesting and fun, especially when you could compare it to the offroad potential of gasoline or diesel Togracs.

EDIT: And electric offroads part for the Vivace, too. It could really use a independent but not widebody suspension with an offroad and rally version (adapted for the higher mass of the vehicle)

Estimated requirements:
    • Adaptive E-Struts. Basically just like the regular adaptive struts but more weight bearing capacity due to the heavy battery pack
    • Adaptive E sway bars/other suspension components if required.
    • Changed final drive to allow for more power output at very low speeds.
    • E-Dashboard requires addition of offroad
    • I would guess that the most workload intensive and complex issue is going to be the electric offroad ESC/Drive mode. Being basically two motors that are not mechanically linked should in principle allow unrivaled independent axle control. It however might require the aft motor knowing what the front one does right now and vice versa. And then the correct decision in motor and E-diff control. I can only imagine how complex this would be.

Thank you for consideration.

#1 ARES IV, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The electric motor eDiff is WIP, it often fails to brake the slipping wheel, unlike ICE eDiff

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The eDiff logic is absent on the electric differentials because of this, you need to add them. More information.

#3 default0.0player, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice