1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

What was your first ever mod? (If you made any)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asgalager, May 6, 2018.

1. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Demolition Derby Sunday Cup Volume 1

https://www.beamng.com/resources/no...campaigns-and-a-multiseat-derby-with-ai.1573/

I was out of work for a month and worked pretty much solid on this. I used the AI LUA from Crazikyles Figure-8 mod and went on a mission to make something that was as optimized as possible so that people would have a chance of being able to run it at a half decent frame rate. That meant making my own small levels with very few assets and stripped down configs for the cars. I released it with just one track and one scenario at Tanner's Gulch (fictional), it then grew to 5 custom tracks and over 60 different race setups including a multiseat, mini figure 8 race with the AI, chaos.

Sadly the old LUA that I got from Crazikyle doesn't work now. I have tryed to convert the AI over to the new code that 'Ashfalt Derby' uses but for some reason the game says that the waypoints don't exist. The devs told me that the issue had helped them track down a significant issue with the core code and to wait for them to fix it. I would love to get this going again. I only made it originally for my own amusement but it worked out better than I thought for the most part, so I polished it and released it. I have recently asked Synsol to have a poke and see if I can get any info on the matter.

2. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

ill write something later, i just red the no config thing

3. missionsystem

missionsystem
    Expand Collapse

Sunburst undercover police, and i think i made a few unreleased skins before that

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

To be honest it was my kerr vertable that literally took an hour to make, I did not know that much about modding then

• Like Like x 4
  5. ajz177

ajz177
    Expand Collapse

6. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

varietymod ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

inb4 some ppl get triggered;)

ot: signature:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. @op@

@op@
    Expand Collapse

my 1st try was with Nakamura SI7 from burnout paradise. It is not fully dead yet, just need to learn texturing

• Like Like x 2
  9. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  10. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Pfffahaha
    https://beamng.com/resources/jackrabbit-gulch-the-vehicular-stunt-island.668/

Jackrabbit Gulch. I had figured out how to use the world editor and I set to creating a desert-like map. I couldn't figure out how to import objects, so I ended up with an island map jam packed with a bunch of Gridmap stuff.
    I didn't know that you could name the map something else without renaming every instance of the name, so I left it as "Jackrabbit Gulch" even though it was not a gulch of any sort. ;)
    Idk if it even works anymore, but I'm leaving it alone as a reminder that I was a newbie once too. :rolleyes:
    ----
    Technically, I made two maps before Jackrabbit Gulch.
    https://beamng.com/threads/1960s-asteroid-exploration.25175/#post-365066 was made before it, but released after JG.
    and...
    Firefell Caldera was the first real map I ever made, but all that remains are screenshots. It was broken and had issues everywhere. The heightmap went on to become Snakeridge Trails.
    screenshot_00024.png screenshot_00025.png screenshot_00030.png screenshot_00033.png screenshot_00034.png

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

I haven't truly created a mod, yet I did repair the sledgehammer mod after an update broke it a few years ago. and I did make a proof of concept door latch mod, while StinchinStein made some improvements to it.

12. D-Troxx

D-Troxx
    Expand Collapse

200BX mod 3 years ago.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

A 300mb unreleased engine pack.
    Still being added to

15. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

I made a sound mod at first, it's a really bad one. :D

16. Fundador

Fundador
    Expand Collapse

I think the first ever mod I released was the Cessna. It was either the first or second plane for the game, I don't remember exactly because me and another moder where racing to release ours first and ended up releasing within hours of each other.

Long time ago now.

Curious to know if anyone is still active from those days haha

#37 Fundador, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Staff Pick Staff Pick x 1
  17. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

attempting to improve a russian bronco, I started in 2016 and ran into a bunch of issues but I still poke it when I can. I am planning on reworking some more stuff this summer after I get my hands on blender for dummies because I prefer books

18. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Barstow Demon and Hellcat, very bad mod, but hey, it was a first.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice