WIP Beta released ETK800 Hybrid 8.1.0

Full hybrid versions of the ETK800 hatchback car

1. DamienDutch

DamienDutch
    Expand Collapse

My prefered way would be RWD with the front being powerd by batterys in the rear.
    Its
    its good but still not actual gears. Or can you swap in a normal gearbox?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Colorado787B

Colorado787B
    Expand Collapse

Can there be AWD and RWD to go with the FWD? I would love to make these hybrids into Rally and off-road Hybrids.

3. AntonSuhinin

AntonSuhinin
    Expand Collapse

you can make automatic recharging and turning off the motor when the battery is charged

4. PLE_AVA

PLE_AVA
    Expand Collapse

You could make some changes to the beam file of the vehicle. In the end the ecvt is just like a regular gearbox. Make the car a RWD/AWD and change the gearbox to a ecvt will give you a RWD/AWD car.

Or you could add a motor that drives the rear wheels only, just like the sport and race variant of the ETK800h.
    --- Post updated ---
    I was curious if that is what Toyota Hybrids IRL does, goes into some kind of "Charging mode" (like what it is in this mod) for a while if the battery was low.

#444 PLE_AVA, Aug 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  5. Colorado787B

Colorado787B
    Expand Collapse

oh ok
    --- Post updated ---
    yeah I'm stupid and only used the eco so I could change it into a Diesel I4... Did not know I could add another electric motor in the back...

6. CaptainNoobacus

CaptainNoobacus
    Expand Collapse

yes it would be nice if we had toyota's synergy system which basically uses planetary gear but we sadly dont have anything like that in game

7. PLE_AVA

PLE_AVA
    Expand Collapse

Actually Arcanox's system is based on the toyota hybrid system, I found code about planetary gear set in the lua file, but I didn't dig into it yet. Still it's the best simulation of a dual motor hybrid system we've got so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. AyaanTheGreat

AyaanTheGreat
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I have installed the mod however I am having issues. I am using the eco variant (however all variants dont seem to work), and the speedo and techometer look broken, and the car will not move. I have tried putting it into realistic gearbox (however it says it will reset every time I switch cars, I don't know how to make it so it doesnt change) and i've tried reinstalling the mod. It used to work for me back in 0.22, but after updating to 0.25 after not playing for a while, it doesn't seem to work. I have attached a screenshot for what the interior looks like when i load in the eco version.

Attached Files:

• 2022-09-0217_51_50-Greenshotcaptureform.png
  9. DamienDutch

DamienDutch
    Expand Collapse

could it be that upload_2022-9-5_13-39-53.png this mod

10. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Options Gameplay, there's a "set default gearbox bahavior" set it to "Realistic", then spawn the hybrid ETK, the gearbox should work normally.

11. ServusLuis

ServusLuis
    Expand Collapse

I would love to see this mod implement Diesel gauges and maybe even another (not CVT) gearbox.
    This mod is so amazing...

12. Jrem7315

Jrem7315
    Expand Collapse

how would i implement this drivetrain in a modded vehicle to replicate a toyota hybrid?

13. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

You'll probably want to start out with this thread here: https://www.beamng.com/threads/overview-of-arcanoxs-hybrid-drivetrain.58363/

It's a little bit outdated, but there is some information about implementing the Hybrid "core" code in a modded vehicle that should still be relevant.

14. kpeir7

kpeir7
    Expand Collapse

Hi I was just wondering. In version 0.27 of the game. The option to select different modes no longer appears. Just wondering if that was a known bug or something on my end.

15. DontKnowWhy186

DontKnowWhy186
    Expand Collapse

Must be the EV revamp or something like that.

16. bram.vereecke2007

bram.vereecke2007
    Expand Collapse

Hoi
    Ik heb gisteren de nieuwe update van Beamng gekregen en nu werkt de hybride auto niet als er een nieuwe update van de auto komt voor het spel, want ik ben dol op de !!

17. Justin740

Justin740
    Expand Collapse

Can't start the car after 0.28 update.

18. jstew

jstew
    Expand Collapse

The mod somewhat broke with the new update as expected lol, you have to hold the starter the entire time in order to drive. I've had some luck where it started and stayed on but something is wrong with the engine or gearing as it's quite slow, looking forward to an update :)

19. bram.vereecke2007

bram.vereecke2007
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i have the same

20. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

Arcanox updated ETK800 Hybrid with a new update entry:

Fix compatibility with 0.31

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice