1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril T75

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 11, 2013.

1. OldCarsRule57

OldCarsRule57
    Expand Collapse

A lot apparently...

2. Leandro.

Leandro.
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

As of what you've said about a facelift in a possible remaster, the International 9300, the T-Series' real life counterpart. It really hasn't changed a lot through is production years (as far as i am concerned about International trucks, i've only seen a set-back axle version of it in 18WoS). Which i wouldn't think it would be possible to create a remaster of it due to those details. The features you mentioned, like the dayton wheels. Are possible though, as these served many cement mixers and dump trucks, like the ones we got in the game. I may be wrong though, as i don't understand the history behing the International 9300.

That loose object problem you mentioned over the dump truck, that creates the possibility to create a load option, just like the planks on the D-Series. You wouldn't have to exactly place them manually using the node grabber, and also creates the opportunity to add more load options.

About limiting trailers, adding more options to the current ones would probaly increase the opportunities to add diferent delivery points on a future carrer update than adding more trailers. Considering that other trailers like dumpers or loggers only haul a specific type of load. Most loads in the US is hauled by a Dry Van or a Reefer, most construction, heavy or any general dry load is also loaded by a flatbed, and most liquids can be hauled from a single tanker. Adding different loads would both end up with more trailer options out of the trailers we got (Like a Reefer, or even a step-deck, or a chemical tanker), and would also give the game more diversity, with more different weights, heights and other stuff to worry about when pulling a trailer.

As for a mobile car crusher you mentioned. Yes it would be superspecific, but also interesting considering BeamNG crash physics, so i approve that.

About visual customization. I think more different options for more parts would fit in the game very well. We got different exhaust pipes options. Different horns, wheels like the Dayton and Budd you mentioned, bumpers or even headlight options can be done that makes the truck feel not overfilled with options.

As for that wrecker upfit. Operating a crane mod is as complex as modeling and scripting it in my perspective. And as for that ropeable features the devs are working on, it doens't exactly needs to be done. If they added a upfit where it only haves that modernized drop & hook tow system, it would already be nice. Considering that a full wrecker would need even its own chassis, as most of them are longer than normal trucks, and even have more axles as wheel.
    My Yoga sessions got me sleeping only four hours per night, which ended up screwing my sleep schedule. Enough free time to have a god-level discussion about a virtual truck of a game under development. And i am not complaining lol

• Like Like x 8
  3. lachy goldsworthy

lachy goldsworthy
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be a good idea if if they add a cab over t series?

Attached Files:

• 24183F1F-9990-45F2-BBDF-B81553D75131.jpeg
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Noobinator_83

Noobinator_83
    Expand Collapse

That doesn't really seem like a T-Series type thing, just because of the time frame and model that the T-Series is based on. It would probably have to be a whole different vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

Mechanically, they're very similar. Effectively just moving the cab forward, along with a new cab.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Leandro.

Leandro.
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Considering the short length of the T-Series chassis, a cabover version would be possible.

Most truck manufacturers had different name models for their conventional and cabover products, such as the R and F series from Mack. I think it would need an different letter for its own series. But that is not necessary in most cases.

The cabin itself could be based on the International 9600 truck. Notice that cab length on these models usually vary.
    It is also the same manufacturer the Gavril T-Series.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. cornflake081

cornflake081
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

• Like Like x 1
  8. EthanBrownBerry

EthanBrownBerry
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know how I can use all the gears with my 6 speed h shifter in this truck. Being stuck in 6th isno fun

9. Leandro.

Leandro.
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I am not a h-shifter user. But it should be a bind for the splitter and low/high range selector.

10. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

11. EthanBrownBerry

EthanBrownBerry
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I just haven't seen one

12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

On the other hand, the T-series is a relatively old truck. Things weren't always this regulated, and enforcement wasn't always so harsh.

Once upon a time, no trucker wanted a rig that couldn't do at least 100MPH loaded, because it was simply too slow for the job they had to do, and a few had their rigs tuned up to the point of being able to do 160MPH unloaded and a significant fraction of that loaded.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. IrisOfTheTouge

IrisOfTheTouge
    Expand Collapse

160MPH? I don't think the turbo technology existed back then to get a 35,000lbs (empty) brick moving that fast lol. I'm often passed by cattle haulers on I80 and I70 doing about 110mph these days, but those trucks under agricultural laws are a different breed compared to the standard CMV, but I've only been behind the wheel of a semi pulling a flatbed for the last six years so what do I know? Lol

14. Erikkalmar

Erikkalmar
    Expand Collapse

Wait how do you deflate the airbags?

15. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

If I remember correctly, it should be bound to the 'G' key if you're using a keyboard. In any case, take a look at the controls in the upper-right corner when you spawn in the T-series.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. PresidentJukeBox

PresidentJukeBox
    Expand Collapse

Tried to recreate a Road Trains in BeamNG.

Quad Tanks, Big Roobar and Six hundred hurspurrs.
    20210722182312_1.jpg 20210430120837_1.jpg 20210525202800_1.jpg

Though in Australia, only 40ft trailers are used due to the max 53.5 Meter combination limit(Which I am sure I have surpassed long with three 48ft tankers or the 53ft Flatbeds), the old Gavril T-Series pulls her like a dream. The occasional heat build up is actually pretty damn accurate with how much weight is being put into the transmission and the engine.

OTSKenworthC509TripleRoadTrain.jpg HawkinsTransportC5092.jpg OwnerOpeartorC5092.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  17. McBeamer94

McBeamer94
    Expand Collapse

Noticed something about the Wentward DT40L's suspension airbags and since the DT40L hasn't got its own dedicated thread, I'll post it here since the T-Series has suspension airbags too: the inflating and blow-off sounds of the DT40L suspension airbags (both during height adjustment and kneeling/levelling back) are inverted when compared to the correct sequence of those of the T-Series. The DT40L has the blow-off sound during inflating and the inflating sound during blow-off. I think this should be corrected for the DT40L to have the correct sound for each phase too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SuperAgentAlex

SuperAgentAlex
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone have the 0.4.1 file for the T-Series? It would help for the mod I'm making, thanks :)

19. Ibreu

Ibreu
    Expand Collapse

Of all the vanilla vehicles I think this one deserves the updates… maybe a newer (2000s+) with a full sleeper… or maybe even add RVs

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. SuperAgentAlex

SuperAgentAlex
    Expand Collapse

Some suspect it will be remastered soon given it's the only vehicle to not recieve openable doors
    Also, the Burnside, Miramar, Moonhawk, and Sunburst would like to have a word

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice