1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Abandoned car, would have been an italian grand tourer. There was a statement saying what it would be (I forgot the exact cars which it was inspired by, I think some 60's Maserati and a Ferrari 250 GTO maybe) and it was on the concept list. Gabe said he forgot about it, implying that he will not be returning to it. Unfortunate considering it has gotten the most attention of any concept/abandoned vehicle and sounded like it would have been beautiful.

Edit: here is where he described it
    New Cars

#9501 ManfredE3, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

civetta fulmine

i'm not banned yet

i think big maps suck. your steering wheel gets glitchy and things get really buggy with a big map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ai traffic would make the wiki look like this:
    System Requirements:
    Recommended:
    Intel I9 Extreme Edition:
    Geforce GTX 1080ti
    32 GIG DDR4 RAM
    Its just not possible.
    For the people who uses controllers or the keyboard plebians, big maps dont suck. I like big maps, they are more fun and less linear to explore. (Of course i have a solid computer, for lower end pcs, eh not so much)

4. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

but i have a wheel, and seeing my wheel twitch and the road decals twitch and everything makes me want to puke

5. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

Italy's not that big that only happens when you go really far out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Looks like some people done beat me to it, but they're right, it's a concept for another Civetta that Gabester went quiet about for a couple of years.

I wouldn't say it's abandoned just yet. There has been no statements regarding it being abandoned/cancelled, at least as far as I know. It could've been set aside for other projects for a multitude of reasons. Unlike some of the vehicles on the list, Gabe did talk about the Fulmine as it was going to happen, so there may just be some hope for it. And if the staff knows the community well, I think it'd be safe to say that they are aware that we'd love to see another Civetta.

I actually haven't seen any evidence of that happening lately.

7. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Not lately but the threads on that subject do get locked quickly but as for the banning, I have not seen.

8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Threads are usually locked b/c immature members go nuts over that list. If the discussion stays mature then they don't get locked.

As for the Fulmine, Gabe mentioned ages ago that he forgot about it and it sure sounds like he had no intention of returning to it. Not going to try and find that quote now though, earlier I couldn't even find the one where he said what it'll be based on.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Glitchy

Glitchy
    Expand Collapse

Not trying to be immature or anything, but the Ibishu Hopper was on the concept list. So how did he 'forget' about it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

I think it's more like "It's fucking gone until we show you a screenshot of it not being gone." when it comes to the concept list. Best to drop the subject before the devs wake up tomorrow and silently hope against all odds that the Fulmine will come to fruition some day.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

You really want me to dig up a 4 year old post where have literally says he "forgot" about the Fulmine? The Hopper eventually happened, that's great but it doesn't mean each concept will be revisited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

But, there is always that chance some of the vehicles on the list may make it past that stage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

RE: Italy causing wheel and road twitches. I think the devs would make sure those issues were solved before they put their stamp of approval on a map and put it in an update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Wait, where did the info that Italy is causing wheel problems come from?

15. Littleturdlet

Littleturdlet
    Expand Collapse

If you go to far from the center of a map you get float point issues or something like that, causing props to twitch.
    People think this will be a problem because of italy's size.

16. jonthefuzz

jonthefuzz
    Expand Collapse

well look at it this way everybody thought that the only two cars left coming out (the bluebuck and Wendover) but then this bus comes out of nowhere. Its entirely possible there's more than those 3 vehicles being added.

17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

...Well, everybody who ignored the developers when they said they would continue making cars after the Bluebuck and Wendover might have been surprised. Everybody else was already expecting new vehicles, even if the bus was a novel direction to go in.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

A skin slot for the SBR4 has just been confirmed for the next update - at this moment, it's uncertain whether or not it will include official skins.

• Informative Informative x 5
  19. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Lol, there are plenty of skins for the SBR4 already, even since the days of varietymod. There's one in my recent mod too.
    Edit: here's an example skin from almost 2 years ago: https://www.beamng.com/resources/beamcar-sbr4-skin.744/

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

official skins.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice