Released Dawn of the Wreckoning - "Failrace's TestTrack" v2.0 R4+2

Major update to JonasTMT's original map - New look, roads, features and a challenging scenario!

1. EvilMcSheep

EvilMcSheep
    Expand Collapse

2. EvilMcSheep

EvilMcSheep
    Expand Collapse

Great, I'm officially a liar now!
    Didn't have enough time for those, sadly... :c While I could've set up some super basic courses, they wouldn't have been anywhere near the quality of Speedy Inspection. Challenging scenarios, especially ones that take over 4 minutes to finish, need a lot of time to get the timer balanced.
    Also there's the problem of coming up with interesting UI messages.

Have a kitten as compensation:

• Like Like x 1
  3. The-Old-twingo

The-Old-twingo
    Expand Collapse

Downloading.

4. EvilMcSheep

EvilMcSheep
    Expand Collapse

EvilMcSheep updated Dawn of the Wreckoning - "Failrace's TestTrack" v2.0 with a new update entry:

Release 4+1 - Very cold hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. EvilMcSheep

EvilMcSheep
    Expand Collapse

EvilMcSheep updated Dawn of the Wreckoning - "Failrace's TestTrack" v2.0 with a new update entry:

Release 4+2 - Mystery of the Missing Asphalt

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. S0ulKru5h3r

S0ulKru5h3r
    Expand Collapse

dontlitterintheoceanyouf*****
    -beamng invisible wall from failrace 2k17

• Like Like x 1
  7. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Why mark it "Unsupported" in the repo page, making it disabled every time BeamNG starts. This mod is perfectly fine in 0.16.0.3

8. EvilMcSheep

EvilMcSheep
    Expand Collapse

As far as I understand, "Unsupported" should mean that it won't get any more updates, if the map was unplayable, I'd mark it as "Outdated" instead.

Well, that sounds like a silly design decision/oversight on the part of the BeamTeam, complain at THEM instead :D

While perfectly FUNCTIONAL, the visuals have suffered, which is ultimately the map's biggest 'selling point';
    Road damage decals are disappearing when getting too close to the camera (normal 3rd person driving conditions), all DecalRoads have gone mad, flickering in places and refusing to correctly accept edits (seems like they need to be redone completely), and the covers for the collisionless 'background' terrain blocks have turned visible, no longer accepting the flag, that used to disable rendering, but keep collision.

With this in mind, I REALLY don't want to advertise the map as 'just fine', I want it to be clear that it has fallen into disrepair.

I didn't expect this change to create any inconvenience, and while, for the sake of practicality, it could be reverted, I shouldn't have to start 'cheating' an actively worked-on system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice