WIP Beta released ETK800 Hybrid 7.1.0

Full hybrid versions of the ETK800 hatchback car

1. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

That's pretty impressive that any part of it was able to work at all, honestly... version 1.2 is pretty ancient, lol. The game's code has changed significantly since then.

The good news, though, is that I'm almost done with the next release (which is going to be a pretty massive update) and it should make it quite a bit easier to add the hybrid system to other vehicles. The major release after this coming one should make it even easier, but it's going to take even more work. I have a lot of restructuring planned for that one.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ItsTheLittleAcura!

ItsTheLittleAcura!
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, your current hybrid system does not fit the topology that I'm trying to replicate. The premise of the 200BX hybrid was that it was a garden-variety CVT with an electric assist motor integrated into the torque converter. The tiny 3-cylinder engine took 16 seconds to hit 60, but with the assist motor is was closer to 11 seconds. Version 1.2 was the last version of the system that could replicate this arrangement.

3. Arcanox

Arcanox
    Expand Collapse

Ah, in that case, you'd need to wait until the major release after this upcoming one. I won't say much, but the general idea is that things are becoming much more modular to open the doors for extension/customization of different parts of the hybrid system without needing to rewrite huge amounts of it :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. ItsTheLittleAcura!

ItsTheLittleAcura!
    Expand Collapse

In Europe especially, there is this concept of "P levels" in hybrid drives where "P" is for "position."
    https://x-engineer.org/automotive-e...d-hybrid-electric-vehicle-mhev-architectures/ This article offers a TON of information on hybrid drives and their configurations, and it is a must-read for anyone looking to understand or simulate different hybrid configurations.
    The 200BX Hybrid configuration would be considered P1 since the motor is integrated into the torque-converter. The ETK hybrid would be either P3 power-split or P3 power-split+P4 since the electric motors are integral to the transmission. I would think that if Cherrier made a Vivace hybrid it would be P0, an electric assist motor replacing the alternator, possibly with a P4 rear drive unit as well like the ETKs.
    And that's just the beginning. If you need more information on hybrid drives (or other fuel-saving features) for your mods, feel free to contact me. I'd love to be a part of helping create these mods, since I know a lot about hybrids and fuel-efficient vehicle technology.

5. ShaunJunior2006112

ShaunJunior2006112
    Expand Collapse

Hello Can I Just Say I Love The Hybrid Mod Its An Amazing Idea But What Is The Rough Realese Date For The Update

6. Aari

Aari
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I see you are new to the forums, asking for the release of something is frowned upon since it pressures the modders
    it'll be released when its done:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShaunJunior2006112

ShaunJunior2006112
    Expand Collapse

Do You Think Its Possible To Use The Hybrid Mod On The Cherrier Vivace

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice